Are Tear Jerker Animes a Meme?

Are shows like Anohana and Angel Beats just a meme?

When people recommend them, they always say things like, "Make sure you have tissues around when you watch them," or, "You'll need counseling after but go ahead!"

Realistically though, the shows themselves aren't even that sad or poignant. At best, they are mildly depressing, but you have to be a huge pussy to cry at an anime.

Prove me wrong.

> Prove me wrong.
You don't Love anime, so you are wrong.

I cry more to stuff that isn't meant to be a tear jerker than stuff that tries to make you cry on purpose.

What is a meme? Are you a meme? Meme meme meme?

Almost cried while watching Clannad though. I was a lonely teenager when I watched it; maybe it depends if you are lonely enough to be influenced and "brainwashed" to "feel" the drama.

Mostly these shows are mildly sad all the way through, there's just one certain moment (or even a couple) that get tears out of people. Like that scene in AB that featured the blue haired guy proposing to the genki pink haired girl right before she ascended or whatever got a few tears out of me, and the ending where Otanashi was left all alone hit me as well.

>THIS

I didn't cry to pic related even thought they were pushing it too hard, but have cried to random scenes in random anime.

Also, recommend more psychological anime for a faggot noveau, guyz.

Also, chek'd.
Did you really think I'd forgotten.

Hard to be sad when you know something is coming. Normalfags tend to be full of waterworks.

I cried when the tachikomas crashed their satellite in the last episode of Ghost in the Shell SAC2.

normalfags are emotionally weak to these things

Can't feel sad with machines die.

If you are watching a show with the mindset that you have to be a huge pussy to cry at an anime, of course you are not gonna enjoy that kind of story.

That was a very well made scene, though. It's completely okay, I was sad as fuck, too.

I get the same experience senpai.

Watching Clannad in my 1st Uni year, everthing in After Story hit too close to home.

It all depends on how emotional you are and what makes you sad. Also hyping up the sadness can ruin things, like Your Lie in April was eh to me despite how many people were telling me it was great and that it'd make me cry; and I'm someone who started crying when Simon showed up to help a kid open a coconut in the last ep of ttgl

>meme
Since you're using that word incorrectly, no.

This, I watched Clannad in my last year of uni so it was around the time a lot of my friends/people in my year were getting jobs, houses, kids, etc. It made me miss my final year of school.

Anohana was pretty meh but the final scene gets me, I think I'm a sucker for music and hidden base gets me. The letters as well were pretty gut wrenching.

I like simple tearjerker anime. I feel like it works best when there is an adequate amount of build up like in Plastic Memories. The amount of "sad" moments in Keyshit makes it feel really melodramatic.

>caring about the death of a machine

I'll just never get this.

Angel Beats was the one I didn't get. The entire premise of the series takes away the seriousness of death, especially with reincarnation confirmed. It had some sweet moments but overall, meh.

Lead up wasn't good enough to make me sad.

Man you post like a faggot

Keep your retarded threads contained in your containment forum please.
>>>/mal/

Oh shit, am I a meme?

If you don't cry at least once watching Cross Game you are a fucking robot. Either that or I have issues with little girls dying in anime, Grave of the Fireflies and CG are the two shows that made me cry uncontrolable manly tears.

Manga does a better job at making me cry than anime does. Anohana and Angel Beat are really poor examples of tearjerkers though.