Who else hate modern animation?

God I miss when things were just hand drawn.

youtube.com/watch?v=qX5mPQRhimo&list=PL7jmIZ8WW6ZS6M-uYt0-ROelNCKzNoOlO&index=208

Other urls found in this thread:

jii.moe/NyM3_2qm-.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=ODZE5peUfWQ&list=PL7jmIZ8WW6ZS6M-uYt0-ROelNCKzNoOlO&index=210
youtube.com/watch?v=Qacgb2b8LVU
youtube.com/watch?v=ASA2W2CsTwE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It doesn't have to be all hand drawn but I do agree I hate the smoothness of modern animation. I miss the kind of mid 2000's aesthetic shows like FMP and DTB had.

Animation is still hand drawn.

Bullshit at least 90% f the work is done on computers now. You look at this and tell me how hand drawn it looks.

You don't hate modern animation, you hate shitty cgi. Everyone does, don't feel special.

Yeah, I bet you think they use mouse and keyboard.

Too obvious/10

Just because computers are used for coloring/effects/etc... doesn't mean that the starting picture wasn't hand drawn.

That was an extreme example but I generally hate the smooth and very plain look of 90+% of most shows that come out nowadays.

for example I hate the look of this webm

They are hand drawn in the sense that they are drawn on wacom tablets, sure. But the aesthetic is not the same and that's the only thing that matters.

Yes but saying the finished product is hand drawn because the starting image is hand drawn is like saying apple juice is all natural because the apples its made from were all natural. Really its just a disgusting concoction of sweetners meant to appeal to the masses.

Animation is still hand drawn.
But you aren't alone though. A lot of people prefer the old grainy look of CEL animation. I love the aesthetic of 70s animation myself, though I ultimately prefer the range of color modern anime can fully utilize.

>though I ultimately prefer the range of color modern anime can fully utilize.
You mean putting filters on top of everything to create a colorful vomit-inducing mess?

Sure the final aesthetic is different, but you can't say it isn't hand drawn.
People are still drawing on paper or on tablets, you can't disrespect that.
Find a better word for it, like digital processing.
What you're nostalgic about isn't called hand drawn, it's cels.

I agree but more like because I think the majority of the shows coming out nowadays look exactly the same. Theres no fucking diversity. I'm actually kind of excited to see how good it is in the new Berserk.

Digital effects are one of the best things to have ever happened to animation. So much more expression can be packed into a scene, colors and effects can be manipulated on a whim, entirely new styles are possible that never were before. It's a great thing
jii.moe/NyM3_2qm-.webm

90% of most shows ever have looked smooth and plain. At least now they aren't also inconsistent and just plain stupid masses of trash like they were before digital animation production was a thing. These days a bad show looks like Netoge. In your oh so illustrious past, it ended up looking like the first Uchuu Senkan Yamato. We don't need any more of that.
And for someone who seems so hung up on muh shading it's pretty silly that you would criticize of the few shows and studios that actually cares about it. Take a look at some Euphonium cels sometime, they've got all the elements that your retro ones do. Yes they were hand drawn, and they were then mastered produced in a superior way after that.

I think reddit would appreciate your shitty opinions more than here, so please go there and don't come back kid.

>People are still drawing on paper or on tablets, you can't disrespect that.
Who the fuck cares about respect? If it's ugly then it's ugly.

Shitty analogy.
The term "hand drawn" doesn't imply that the coloring can't be done digitally and it's pretty irrelevant anyway. In the end computers are just a tool used by humans the same way they use pencils or paper.

this

Whatever then I hate digital processing and I miss cels. What difference does it make I'm still saying the same thing.

I also agree, it all looks the same to me.

Your opinion is ugly, which is why I'll be disrespectful and call you retarded.

You're right, it's pretty easy to have zero arguments, I'll try that more often.

>What difference does it make I'm still saying the same thing.
But you're saying it the right way.
Be a fucking stupid nostalgiafag with zero sense for aesthetics, but at least be one that uses the correct terms and understand what he's talking about.

Trends change, styles evolve. Most shows from a given time period have always all looked the same. This decade is no exception, nor are your precious retro decades.

You are making childish arguments with words that mean nothing like "respect". That is irrelevant. What matters is the end result, and almost everyone agrees that cel animation was better looking than this computer shit.

>almost everyone agrees that cel animation was better looking than this computer shit.
If it's better, why doesn't anyone use it anymore?
Checkmate athetist.
All that matter is the end result, digital > cel, the entire anime industry agreed, don't bother them about it.

That is hand drawn, you moron.

>What matters is the end result, and almost everyone agrees that cel animation was better looking than this computer shit.
[citation needed]

Literally the only 'argument' you've made is that you liked the way it looked better.
Every single aspect of animation has only improved thanks to the benefits of digital animation, from costs to consistency to ease of production to expressiveness, and all your dense ass can do is look at the result and say "yeah well it looked cooler before"

Because it is easier and cheaper. When you can change the entire mood of your animation by applying a filter on top with no effort whatsoever, why would you not? It doesn't matter what is more liked, what matters is whatever method lets them crank out more dime a dozen SOL anime because they know youl'll buy it anyway.

Anime has always looked incredibly samey. This isn't anything new in this current generation of anime.

>look it's this thread again
Fuck off.

Let them stomp their feet.

They'll get tired of it in a few minutes.

Because the Jews fucking took control of the industry and with their dirty kike hands they got rid of the beautiful cel animation for the much cheaper computer generated schlock.

>You are making childish arguments with words that mean nothing like "respect"
His argument wasn't about "respect" at all though. He could have just used the word "acknowledge" in that sentence. It wasn't even about subjective aesthetics. He simply said that the term "hand drawn" still applies to most modern anime.

If an armless team of men created an anime drwn with only their feet and it turned out to look like complete shit, is it then good because you "respect" their efforts? In the end, you're still left with an ugly product.

Spotted the moepig

>trying to make your point with Aincrad's 22nd floor
it's like you've never been to the swiss alps or something

Old berserk still used digital effects you retard.

I disagree. Even five years ago there was much more variation but nowadays I can only tell the difference between those that are literally using cgi an those that aren't.

This. In the next few years cgi is going to be getting cheaper and cheaper and the Jews are going to start using it more and more, which is when I'll stop watching Anime forever before it turns into fucking shrek.

This looks like something you'd see in a big budget 90's OVA. Now all you get is blurry filtered CG shit.

I don't remember there being lens flares when I visited there last spring break. Those refugees must really be turning it to shit.

Is this post satire?

Sup Forums pls leave

>It's another crossboarder who think anime is not 90% hand drawn still

Just fuck off.

this

Look at for your average shitty digital background. Occasionally shows still do them well but there's less and less every year.

youtube.com/watch?v=ODZE5peUfWQ&list=PL7jmIZ8WW6ZS6M-uYt0-ROelNCKzNoOlO&index=210

Not the same scene but here.

Analog background still exist. Even the most digital ones are still grounded on hand drawing still. What you mean by blur is the depth of field process which has nothing to do with the background itself.

I swear at least try to stop pretending you know anything about this.

Now I haven't watched Hibike Euphonium but I don't think thats what it looked like in the actual show.

And you do?

He certainly knows more than the rest of the shitters in this thread apparently. Especially you

You don't say

That's what it looked like.

Yeah it looked better

Fuck u m8 ur probably one of those moeshit fags. Stop jerking it to anmated little girls and making ur mom suicidal.

No shit, Sherlock.

ITT: people bitching about digital inking instead of cels, and animators drawing on tablets instead of paper

this is just as bad as this "forced animation" memery that's making the rounds; people don't even have enough of an understanding of animation to bitch

Could've posted the keyframe of the scene.

>What is depth of field?

Have you never seen a movie in your life?

I hate how clean and pristine it all looks these days.

Imagine the hell it was to draw these.

>emulating something that doesn't even exist in real life
wew lad

>cgi background
I think I threw up a little bit

While I do agree to an extent, the original Berserk anime isn't an example I'd look at as being well animated.

what's wrong with that?

It's ugly and lazy.
>lol we can't paint so just put blur filter on it surely no one will notice

>God I miss when things were just hand drawn.
like one draw per second on a slide show?
were they literaly collored manga parts and shaked the camera over it again and again?

Oldfag get out
It's time for the new gen

>depth of field doesn't exist in real life
Baito desu

What? I'm asking for evidence that a majority of people preferred cel animation to digital animation. If you have a physically disabled animation team create something it's probably going to look bad regardless of the methods they use, but what does that have to do with anything?

this elitist meme of digital art somehow being beneath physical art needs to die

holy fuck are you for real?

Reminder there's only 27 posters in here, people who prefer hand drawn and hate CGI are a very very small minority.

reminder user is a salty fag who barely turned 18

Go outside.

wow, so not only are you blatantly disrespectful, but you're hopelessly out of touch, even for Sup Forums

>disrespectful

you have to go back fag

Is this a new PS2 game? Pre-rendering cutscenes were so 2001.

buttmad traditional artist detected

make me

i bet you think that all you need to become a digital artist is the money to buy a big tablet.

dont forget your deviant art account

and anyone can create art fag

I can fold a dollar bill and call it art

Fuck you Berserk had the most badass animation I've seen.

Every one can create art, but every one can't create good art.

nice change of subject

you openly devalue digital artists and their work, something i won't take lying down, and now you can't even address my argument

good story and voice acting != good animation user

>he think all you need is a wacom tablet to make digital art.

pretty much go fuck yourself i gave an example of a dollar bill turned to art.How about i send you an art work of shit on a monitor.It is trying to convey the message that digital art is shit

>Fuck you Berserk had the most badass animation I've seen.
is this a joke?

Are you okay user

wow! it looks amazing.

Was it the best animation ever? By far no. But I said bad ass which it is. The art style was very bad ass it felt like it was from out of the manga, and when ts not freeze frames the movements of the fights look very fluid and realistic.

Here's this famous scene as an example.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qacgb2b8LVU

>and when ts not freeze frames
keyword is WHEN

>deflecting

Holy fuck I forgot how shit that was

haha holy shit you really believe it, oh man

get back to your geriatric chamber

youtube.com/watch?v=ASA2W2CsTwE

Meanwhile

say whatever you want about the movies, this scene and the whole last 30 minutes of the third one were THE SHIT

looks like they got the same company that did the shader to GGxrd to make the new animation accets to the new series

english dub? disgusting.