Is the Catholic Church the true one? Should I convert?

They seem to me to be the true church of Christ. Have I got something wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C3hYEImyr6E&index=8&list=PL6B4CDE5EAF259A20
youtube.com/watch?v=TH79F0Hn56U&index=19&list=PLGfxhcbo8hq2i5GJN4p1pGCSBZ06oKyfw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Religion wise: Jesus said he would build his church on Peter. The Catholic Church is built on the Roman Spy cum infiltrator and subversive - Saul/Paul.

Practical wise: The Pope is a jew (Jesuit) and not even catholic.

Have you got any evidence for this? As far as I understand it, Jesus told Peter to set up his church. Direct apostolic succession leads us to the Catholic Church.

Peter's church has been hijacked by an ambitious conman who wanted to play with the kings of Europe, why don't you instead join the denomination it belonged to before it lost its mind?

The idea of a unified universal church is not Biblical. The Apostles and disciples set up churches all over Israel and the gentile world, and these peoples and churches practiced baptism and were Bible believing Christians. Then around 300 AD, Constantine founded the "Catholic church" and they immediately started making up new scripture and new human traditions that have nothing to do with God's word.

And what would that be, Eastern Orthodoxy?

Well yes...
The church of Rome used to be a patriarchy, like Alexandria, Jerusalem, Antioch and Constantinople, but due to heavy territorial loses, it found itself surrounded by barbarians
The popes figured that Christianity was already in them, and that they could get more power by helping legitimize the rulers of the kingdoms of Europe, by saying they are 'approved by God'
The difference is that catholics alter the book every few hundred years to justify their points, while the orthodox are altered by it and for better or worse, stay completely conservative on whatever has been established
Basically progressive Christianity versus fanatical conservatives

*was part of the pentarchy
Corrected it

To truly convert you have to go live in Rome, Italy. You have to leave home, never to return.

For what it’s worth OP, I made the leap a year and a half ago and I can’t look back. It’s rough but worth it.

No I'm not eating any fucking flesh or drinking blood as a form of worship gtfo

The church can be what you say, but, not now. A massive purge is necessary.

lol, Christ cucks...

Christ was a jew killed by other jews, i bet if Jesus was to reincarnate as a christian and called himself the son of God he would endure a similar fate, follow the words of Jesus and not what men think of him, we are corruptible, Jesus wasn't.

>ITT Baptist morons

OP Catholicism is the one true church. Sup Forums is just memeing because our current pope is a commie. They don't understand that the pope is not the end all arbiter of their faith because they believe their backwoods pastor is the sole true interpreter of the bible. We've had shitty popes before, and I don't even really think the current pope is all that bad if you ignore his political views. The next pope is probably going to be a conservative and Sup Forums will start meming about how based the papal see is.

Pope Francis hasn't done anything permanent, he did allow priests to forgive the sin of abortion for year that kind of pissed people off (previously you had to go through a bishop) and he did say some extremely vague things about divorce that nobody knew what the fuck he was talking about, but he hasn't done anything of substance.

>vatican religion
>christian

Anglosphere is Christian, not papist.
user., you have to go back.

Church of England.

Christian Science is the most redpilled church.

>they believe their backwoods pastor is the sole true interpreter of the bible
Wrong, the Bible says judge your pastor.

We preach against Catholics because Catholics are not Christians and don't love God's word.

>implying i'm not a potatonigger

The fuck are you talking about, there's gospel readings at literally every mass.

latin new testament was translated from greek. the original new testament was written in greek.

therefore the true church is undeniable, just going from history alone.

>the church that was founded to allow divorce and spiraled into the alimony and divorce court hell we have now
OP just be a Deist. fuck organized religion.

Haha, Christ cucks...

It's so funny when Catholics call themselves Christian when they're two different things.

(((Current pope)))

>women
>clergy
Fucking protties, I swear

He's talking about Jesus

In early times nearly anyone could claim to be associated to Peter.
Guess who took control of all the records?
Guess who can tell people whatever they want?

>Catholic church
>true
Take a look at the pope user,that church is corrupted
The only thing you need is relationship between you & GOD
no institutions will truly show you the light,they can help,but its ultimately you & the lord
Best bible is king James version btw

pic is beautiful

I'm glad you posted this, I was beginning to feel a little... discouraged. Praise be.

Established by St. Peter himself!! Though you will have to deal with a lot of modern cuckery...

>Have I got something wrong?

Yes.

very wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=C3hYEImyr6E&index=8&list=PL6B4CDE5EAF259A20

>Jesus told Peter to set up his church.

Nope.

There is no true church.

Lapsed Catholic here. I always liked the church itself. I would say wait until there's a new, non-cucked pope, but that may take a while. If you're really interested attend a mass at your closest church. They're pretty welcoming.

The pure pagan imagery in this is nauseating. Is that supposed to be Jesus next to God?

>OP Catholicism is the one true church.

If you want to go to hell, sure. Biggest cult there is. Almost as big as Islam!

>Established by St. Peter himself!!

Proof?

Nope.

Lmao, Christ cucks...

You dont need any church or organization to follow Bible rules

That isn't even an orthodox church, the icons are not supposed to be drawn realistically...

God's word was given to Catholics. Protestants stole it and profane it daily in their 'churches'.

Impregnated, crowned serpent. Catholicism is a cult.

nope.

>st peter establishes roman christian church
>1k years later all the romans forgetti spaghetti and split off from the church so they can claim more war funds from kangz

i mean he's not wrong in saying st peter literally established the roman church and patriarchy, but they kinda fucked off and did their own thing a little while ago.

st peter established it as part of the christian church, not as the catholic church. that's some shit they said later.

It actually is an Orthodox Church, it’s the St Steven’s Serbian Orthodox Cathedral in Alhambra, CA

You think Pope is cucked? Take look at nordic lutheran churches. muslims/gays is all they care about, probably 80% of clergy are women who aren't even interested in faith but happily push their sjw agenda.

Jesus rebukes the world's first Catholic in Luke 11:27-28. The Roman Catholic church is Babylonian mysticism.

Matthew 12:31
>Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

To suggest that one's soul can be saved through a mediator other than the Christ, such as confessing to a cult priest and then making repetitive prayers which God detests is blasphemy.

nope
see:
and you:
tell me what the pope/catholic church has to do with Christianity

>P-PETER FOUNDED THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
>was never in rome
>nor is ever given any authority greater than that of any other apostle

Baptists are the original Christians from when Christ founded his church in AD 30~.

oh WOW
this guy REALLY gets it
Amen.

This, when someone said bless Mary, Jesus discouraged it.

The church that is real is not run by man and you know when you meet one that is of the church , they wont be wearing clown suits doing retarded ceremonies...the ones that know Christ are the real people who dont put on a show and wear masks to fool you

who here /lookingforgod/?

no
Christians are the original Christians

That's extremely atypical then, icons are supposed to be drawn unrealistically, with a simplistic manner to show that we honor the person depicted and not the icon itself, the icons also tend to have things written on them, this however is nothing of this sort.
That's utter heresy, this church clearly has something else going on...

It was invented by Augustine copying out of Plato's writings. How could a church that artificial be the true church?

You don't have to look for Him. He's within you, you just need to pay attention when He beckons you through the Spirit.

And when He returns, everyone will know. Don't accept any imitation.

I guess, but both "Christian" and "Baptist" are biblical words that we can use. Catholic is not in the Bible.

in short , Jesus never created a religion , and no man can give you God , only you can look for God

Didn't the Christ proclaim John the Baptist to be the holiest man that He knew?

And since He was everlasting and will be everlasting, doesn't that make John the holiest man to ever be?

Look at the replies, none of them are based on anything, just speculation. While the biblical passage is very clear that Jesus told Peter to set up his church:
Matthew 16:18
''And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.''

the english translation is wrong. This is what happens when you are ignorant amerimutt bumpkins. The correct translation would be "and indeed" not "rather". He didn't mean it as a negation, he meant that "yeah, my mother is blessed, and she has been blessed with being my mother because she obeys God, so obey God and you'll also be blessed"

Jesus also never said he would build his Church on Peter.
It was on the knowledge that Jesus was the Messiah and the Son of the living God that he would build his church from verse 16. And verse 20 confirms that is what the conversation was about, because it says, "Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah."
Catholics pull verse 18 out of context when they say that Peter is the rock that Jesus built his Church. When it was the knowledge of who he was that would be the foundation of his Church.

Yes, I do believe this. John the Baptist was the holiest man that ever was after Jesus.

Yes, Catholicism is the only correct church, according to the bible.
Orthodox is similar to Catholicism, but they don't recognize the church.
Protestantism is the worst, it is literally liberalism in the form of religion.

what do you expect from people as clueless as protestants?

This guy breaks it down
youtube.com/watch?v=TH79F0Hn56U&index=19&list=PLGfxhcbo8hq2i5GJN4p1pGCSBZ06oKyfw

>surrounded by barbians

sounds scarily relevant

>The correct translation would be "and indeed"

The Greek word is "Μενοῦν". Definition: "rather, on the contrary", "nay rather". I don't even like to go "back to the Greek", because God's word can be perfectly translated into every language, and we know from the Bible that it says "RATHER". Do you know what RATHER means?

Sup conde, go make some top quality videos please!

(OP)
Catholic church is dead ever since death of Benedict XV, after that church became corrupt and decadent.
Modern day catholics are degenerate pedos who pander to all form of degenerates like sodomites. Today it cares more about converting all people to their cuckold ways to the point of seeing migrant crisis(arabic invasion) as a blessing for more converts.
They became more kike then based christians of the past who worried and fought for our civilization.

Here's the true definition of that word:
>Definition: nay rather; indeed, truly, really.
Jesus is enforcing how blessed Mary is, not saying "she isn't". Indeed in the Bible it is also written "and all generations will call me blessed". So Jesus could never say that she is not blessed. So what does he say?
a) She is blessed
b) Her being blessed makes her my mother
c) This blessing to her was given out of obedience
d) Indeed, truly, like she is blessed, those who obey God will be blessed

Lutherans and protestants are the worst. I'm gunna write a paper about Martin Luthers masonic good goy shenanigans one day. Calvinists go in the oven too.

Here's a couple of things that Protestants lied about:
> Dark Ages
> Inquisition
> Catholic "intolerance"
> Crusades

Almost every single myth that is being used against Christianity in the west nowadays has it's origin in Protestant propaganda.

Do you understand that "rather" in English is a translation and in the original greek has a different connotation although rather can be also used to translate it into English? Or are you really this uneducated?

It is, and it's vomit inducing.

>>st peter establishes roman christian church

Proof?

>Jesus never created a religion
yes, he created the Church of jews in spirit(Christianity), any who would follow, because jews of the flesh and rejected him and his father one too many times and the covenant was ended

Can you direct me to the exact quote in the bible where Jesus told Peter to create a church that worships and prays to m*ry instead of god?

Well, it's as orthodox as Francis is Christian, see my other post

This meme would be good if you got rid of the JESUIT pope. Fuck this guy, I wan't VIDF to leave.

that only holds true is indeed Peter belongs the Catholic church

which he never did

however much the great pagan church may wish to claim him

Hey guys how's it going

Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

bible's pretty clear Mary is not "Co-Mediatrix", as their "infallible" popes have said, ex cathedra.

Even more than that, Peter's bones are, and always have been, in Israel. Not in Rome.

The Vatican "found" bones they "thought" might be Peter's, after the real bones were found in Bethesda.

Not only is your "interpretation" of the word wrong, but theologically it makes absolutely no sense, simply because Jesus downplays Mary on at least two other occasions in the Bible. On one occasion, people are screaming that Jesus' mother and siblings should come and watch, and Jesus points to a RANDOM WOMAN, he points to a RANDOM WOMAN IN A CROWD, and tells them, "Behold my mother and my brethren".

It's like Christ keeps telling us over and over in the Bible, "do not worship Mary folks, she's not a virgin goddess", "don't do it guys", "stop it". Yet here we are in 2017 with Catholics worshiping Mary.

READ YOUR BIBLE.

I am full of memes user, pick the one you like the most

Why does the bible mention a universal(Catholic/Katholikos) church then?

Jesus does not discourage wickedness. He tolerates it for only so long, then accelerates it, then destroys it.

Already found Him.

I believe that God's word is perfect in the KJV and that we can read and understand it. If it says "RATHER" than that's what it means. I'm not gonna change God's word and neither are you.