Communism

Could the ex-Soviets, Eastern Europeans, Cubans, Chinese, etc... who lived directly under communism tell me what they think of it? Make it LARP-free please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=50vtnaRAtIs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my mother and father in law were east germans, the thing they hated most believe it or not was that american music was forbidden, i guess in the 1970s that was actually a big deal. there was also a 10 year waiting list for a car, and one of their best friends was revealed to be a stasi spy when the wall fell, he subsequently fled the country to the USA after his neighbors found out he'd been ratting on them for 20 years. They are still friends with him though and visited him in the US several times. What do you want to know?

this is was my hearts of iron 3 ussr looks like. only fags play as germany

Interesting and scary at the same time, i guess that's what totalitarianism can do to a country. Did your parents originally approved the idea of communism?

hate it with a passion.

FUCK KIKES, KHOKHOLS AND COMMIES

MAKE RUSSIA GREAT AGAIN

youtube.com/watch?v=50vtnaRAtIs

Hate with passion and hope to kill everyone that loves communism.

hehe, interesting enough ^^ but would you mind elaborating on how life was like back then?

my parents told me the only time they had tropical fruit like bananas,oranges,pomegranite (anything that requires sun to grow) was on christmas and only if you knew someone and could afford it. my parents also told me to buy stuff like jeans,zippos,decent shoes you had to go to get your money translated into german marks and go to a special store(implying you knew someone) to buy "special" things but, if someone saw you with one of these "special items" they could contact the "secret police" and you would never be heard of again.
>also my dad and grandpa tell me that the 2 years in the army were the biggest waste of their lives
point is be glad your french

Wow, that's pretty horrible, why did the government do that if you were in possession of a "special item"? Was it black market?

Trust me, none of us ex soviets want to get that abomination stitched together again. literally did irreversable damage thats gonna continue even long after were gone.

Would have made it out better if Russia just stayed and tsardom and actually conquered all those areas at least the Tsar would've have tried to what's best for his country. Not like the commie shitters which were just a bunch dumb peasant put in high position with the power to execute anyone threatening their position aka anyone with an IQ above 80

well they were east german so they were raised not to question communism and to vilify their own past (evil nazis). their entire families were almost wiped out on both sides in the war since they were from east prussia. once they were old enough to question things they had already gotten their lives started together, they got pregnant young and the government provided a house for them so they never really entertained escaping to the west. he did help his brother get out though he was 10 years younger and much more of a free thinker.

government thought you had "western contacts"(they thought you were a spy so they sent the secret police to do a "routine check on the well-being of your family" they would ask " can we step outside with your husband for a brief moment,we need to talk to him about some business"
>they took your husband away and you and your children were left to fend for yourselves

>the government provided a house for them

Were houses technically free and individually assigned to during these times? Was everything in the house state-owned or did they had some objects that could have been considered private property?

Were their lives particularly hard / or did not expect much opportunity? Did they preferred and integrated better into capitalism and western society once the wall falled?

it wasn't free and the house was essentially mortgaged to the state, they had to pay off the house for a number of years but the cost of the house was taken directly from their wages. however since everyone was employed they were never at risk of losing their house and there was no interest on the mortgage.

Horrible, don't have the words for it :( , glad I live in France as you said

No. Now go fuck yourself.

I see, thank you for answering my questions man :)

ok,
i mean, i guess

People here are all too young to have experienced it themselves.
A lot of people did own their homes/land it was on but large workplaces often had their own commieblocks to give to their employees as chances are they'd be sent over from a completely different area and waiting lists to buy property were very long.

Also many people were given small plots of land away from the city to grow fruit/vegetables in and sometimes build a small summerhouse.
pic related, it's where teenagers get drunk these days

>No Finnish SSR inc. Finnmark and Tornedale
>No West Armenia to Trabzon
>No Caspian as Russian lake
>No N. Afghanistan
>Belarus still doesn't have Bialystok
And I can understand Manchuria for a warm water port; and Uygurstan (even tho the N. would be Kazakhstan) but Inner Mongolia would be a headache and most of it's resources were unknown in the SSR phase.

This map sucks.

i'm an only child but i have 2 older brothers

no worries mate, there's a lot of what people call "ostalgie" in east germany, especially amongst the oldest generation. This essentially means nostalgia for communist east germany. There was less freedom but in todays germany there is still a surveillance state and thought crime, also the economy in East Germany is pretty shit so there is more unemployment, there's also the refugee problem since 2015. The infrastructure has improved greatly since the fall of communism and there is much more food in the supermarket however.

Most people I know who visited there or know former residents say it was a mixed bag. Consumer goods were in short supply and small variety, though people weren't starving in the 60s-80s like some """sources""" say. The police were known to be listening to everyone's phones. Living quarters were small and people were poor, but life was simple and stable because unemployment was rare and people could go to heavily subsidized cultural events with their families and neighbor's without worrying if they would lose their house or job as a result.

We think - that the West of the asshole, who do not know what honor is. Handy bitch owned by jewish in bad meaning of this words.
The essence of the western degenerates in Brzezinski's words about Gorbachev is "We have tricked him"
We will never trust the West again and build the state of Plato or died.

>though people weren't starving in the 60s-80s like some """sources""" say.
People away from moscow and other major cities would buy their food at the train station from people passing by. If you didn't rely on black market/connections you'd be forced to live on a very shitty diet.
It's no accident Putin and Medvedev are so short.

State control of the economy means government decided what gets made and in what numbers. And since the government is always incompent, they always guess wrong.
So in the middle of winter the market is flooded with summer shoes, but no winter shoes in sight. If your shoes break in -20C weather you are fucked.
You'd naively thing that this presents a business opportunity, because now there is overproduction of summer shoes, so the price should drop? And a business oriented citizen could buy up summer shoes in winter cheaply, and sell them in the summer for profit?
Wrong, because all prices are set by the government also. Does not matter that unsold useless stuff is in the shops, they won't change it, because that's too dumb. And if you try buying in bulk to re-sell in summer, they will put you in jail for speculation.

Seriously, fuck that shit.

Meet some Cubans, Poles and Venezuelans in Florida. They all fucking hated it. But it is a humbling experience for them. In America they have all this freedom and luxury, and make use of it, enjoying the American dream. In a way I envy them. Thank God all of my ancestors came here before that shitstorm.

press, tv and radio controlled by heavy headed propagandists

lawyers, doctors, directors of different facilities, scientists, scholarship receivers, actors, writers etc. often had to become secret cooperators of the secret police and tell on other people they were supposed to observe, so that the secret police could have something to blackmail them, or were told to join the party

in order to get a passport you often had to become in one way or another dependent on the secret police (through tellin on other people) or by being in the party

Communism is a prison system, it existed only for the sake of war with the West, once this idea collapsed, then communism made no sense along with those restrictions

Now the elites want to introduce communism too, only they don't use physical terror so far. Instead they use massive privately-owned propaganda and will try to control people through technology, like AI or smart cities and homes. They already have people's info at Facebook and Google. Other way of controlling people can be medical operations, drugs, as nurse Ratched in that movie with Nicholson

And you know what is the worst part about it? That ordinary people themselves want to become blind and unconditionally obedient slaves of the elites, who have high social position, power and money. Look how the French, Germans, Russians, British, Swedes and others behave. They only repeat what the popular, influential and the wealthy say. They want voluntary communism

In Poland there were Pewex stores, where you could only pay with dollars (and probably other western currencies). The kicker is that owning dollars was illegal.