How much value do you put into visual direction?

How much value do you put into visual direction?

Other urls found in this thread:

animecinematography.blogspot.ca
youtube.com/watch?v=1dmlwhaEEgE
amazon.com/Thecus-Dropbox-ElephantDrive-McAfee-N5550/dp/B0085RO8U8
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1etrM3V5sEfViZo1G_WFgnX2wAzxdDXVT1AYYYvTrXgs/edit?usp=docslist_api
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A lot.

Know any blogs that does decent analysis regarding visual directing?

>Know any blogs
>>>/tumblr/

None. I'm blind.

animecinematography.blogspot.ca

Enough to be triggered by filtered photographs.

Visuals > Plot > Voice Acting

At least post Eva, Angel's Egg, GitS, Utena, something actually good.

>Newest post reviews a rotoscoped scene

The movie was lovely

None of those are actually good though.

Anime is garbage. It can't be good.

>filtered photograph = visual direction
just jump off a bridge

Feel free dumbass. Making a mosaic isn't that hard.

You first fampai

It's a good movie, pleb.

>Hey look, I posted it again.

Digibro

I'm not the retard who decided to start a visual direction thread with kyoani, you're either new as shit, or begging to get meme'd on. I don't even think it's bad, you're just an idiot if you expected a different response.

Different strokes for different folks. I love Kyoani's art style as much as the symbolism in Utena and Eva.

>All of these implications
I'm not OP. You're just being unproductive and stupid. You could easily contribute the content you want instead of bitching that the content you want isn't here.

Did you even read what I posted?

>implying Kyoani aren't the goddesses of visual direction

>mfw this movie is going to look incredible

qt

80% because even with a lame plot full of cliches there are visuals that can strike the heart and will never be forgotten. Plus they can be what is unique and outstanding, so who needs good writing?

A lot
The res on mine is very bad, thinking of doing another version soon

depends on the show

powerpoint slides look great in monogatari but i'd hate it in any other series

I don't agree with this. Tamako Market had decent direction, but the plot was so forgettable and uninspired it made the entire show uninteresting and not worth watching.

Tamako Market is worth watching for Tamako Love Story alone.

Only two words matter "Cinematic Timing"

This, the movie was fantastic.

none

story > visuals

While KyoAni knew how to make pictures pretty, Anno was able to actually use the shots he used to strongly suggest something. (example: When Fuyutsuki sees baby shinji and Yui for the first time).

See also Exhibit B - most P.A Works offerings

Stop forcing your shitty webm.

I'm onto you you little shit.

You probably want to start reading user.

>Tamako Market with an emphasis on "romance"
I think I'll pass.

>reddit doesn't like a .webm
>im gonna downvote you

fag

It's not bad, but you're posting it with every post you make regardless of context.

The mood is way different from Tamako Market. Also it's a fantastic romance.

Irrelevant when the characters and writing are shit. Like every kyoani show. Pic related.

Well, in that case, I might give it a shot one day.

>needing context to call some a fag and tell them to kill themselves on Sup Forums

There are lots of shots that I didn't include because they weren't very striking composition-wise, but in the way the characters expressions conveyed their feelings especially well.

There are examples of that in Kyoani shows as well.

It's nice but you shouldn't really notice it until the second viewing, the story should be the first thing to suck you in.

Most KyoAni shows have decent writing and good characters.

visuals should always be a side dish that helps make the main cour more delicious

Typical nigger.

I made a new one

My heart hurts already

Please don't use Watashi to shitpost like this

>By the time a second season of Hyouka comes out that covers the last 4 volumes and ends the story and it made by the same staff, we'll all be dead
Damn.

>Anno was able to actually use the shots he used to strongly suggest something
Did you actually watch both series? I don't think you did. Eva had lots of symbolism and emotion, but lots of superfluous stuff as well, whereas the visual metaphors Takemoto goes for are all concise and pulled off gracefully.

What program did you use?

I'm really curious as to how much of it they're actually going to fit into the movie.

Hopefully they avoid the shitty ending, or just rewrite it.

Watashi has always been used for shitposting

Nobody does it quite like Oshii.
youtube.com/watch?v=1dmlwhaEEgE

More than the industry is willing to fulfill..

That's what backlogs are for.

EveryFrameAPainting

God knows I've got plenty.

>implying the novels will end at all

This. The series is good when the bird isn't around, but that's only a handful of episodes. The movie is all of the good parts of the series, has no bird in it, almost feels like an apology for the bird, and is one of the sweetest things I've watched in a long time and since.

Are other studios even trying? Why am I even asking? Of course not.

Nice and organized. I like it. I use a NAS server with archive and backlog folders, and I periodically move things into my main HDD to watch then move them into the archives if I liked them or delete them if I don't.

Let me dream.

Chuuni was a trainwreck of wasted potential but it was a beautiful one.

>Let me dream.
You misunderstood me. I mean, their story will never end. This a story Yonezawa will write until he's dead.

Chuu2 S1 was amazing, Chuu2 S2 was good but plotless.

I think Chuuni S1 shits the bed halfway through by shifting the focus dramatically and not pulling off it's new focus remotely well enough to warrant the surprise.

Plus, the final episode of S1 defeated the entire purpose of everything that happened before. In the penultimate episode I thought that just maybe the point of the twist was for a pretty uncharacteristically cynical ending about growing up and moving on, but then they undo all the character development that happened in the last 6 or episodes and everything is great and nobody has learned anything.

And then S2 further retcons S1 by very selectively remembering things that happened in S1 to the point of it being a soft reboot of the series.

I'm not much for re-watching, kinda ruined the concept trying to share the love of Spice and Wolf with too many friends. I'm not too worried about automation since I get most of my seasonal anime from Horrible and that's convenient enough. I've been considering setting up NAS, but I'm inexperienced and haven't had the time to do my research. Maybe that'll change though as I had my graduation ceremony today.
If you're interested,I wouldn't mind sharing the link to my doc of you'd like to take a look at my formulas/how shit my tastes are

Ishihara seems to be the most "old school" director at Kyoani. He doesn't use as much filters.
Also the background arts for Chuu2 had a cartoony feeling to it.

With the phenomenal characters that they are, I really want to see them grow up, settle down, and find their paths in life. It's a story that I feel needs conclusion.

Season 1's drama was bad, but the rest was enjoyable. Season 2 started off good, but as soon as it was apparent they'd delve into Nishimiya's hangups again it was doomed. Good fucking God that was bad.

If you ever do the reading and want to buy one (as opposed to making your own) I use this bad boy right here.
amazon.com/Thecus-Dropbox-ElephantDrive-McAfee-N5550/dp/B0085RO8U8
along with WD red drives. I like it a lot. Sure, go ahead and post a formula link.

Congrats on graduating.

What I got from Chuu2 was 'don't grow up so soon' and 'trying to hide something that might emotionally and psychologically scar a little girl for life could lead to suicidal moeblobs'. I mean it would've been fine too if Rikka had let go of her 8th grade syndrome but she's still a kid, she'll grow out of it sooner or later anyway. Just let her enjoy her make-believe games she isn't hurting anyone.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good stuff in S1. I like Chuuni S1 overall, but it's a fondness that comes with a lot of qualifications. That's why I get so frustrated with how badly it fumbled with trying to be more serious. They had a great foundation and great character chemistry to work with, to say nothing of the art itself, but then just kinda wasted it.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1etrM3V5sEfViZo1G_WFgnX2wAzxdDXVT1AYYYvTrXgs/edit?usp=docslist_api

I guess that link takes you to a different page, though I'm sure you can figure it out

Ishihara is a big filterfag

>that hand
Not looking great for the sign language animation

Quality over quantity.

Season 1's conclusion only undos character development in the context of Ren. If Ren didn't exist one could easily interpret the ending of Chuu2 as just meaning that it isn't necessarily a good idea to give up the things you love absolutely, even if you do use them as coping devices, and that it's mostly the not dealing with your problems that's the problem, not the way you deal with not dealing the problems. I still agree that the ending of the series is fairly subpar, but the ending doesn't undo character development on it's own.

I wasn't saying anything you're not, and I agree completely. Some comedy SoL series with lite romance or character development like to shove in a bit of drama at the end, and it's almost always bad and kind of shits on the mood. This was no acception.

>A/Z 8
>Comet Lucifer 8
>GC 10
>DxD higher than Color Wars
>Yahari 9
>SnK 8
>Wixoss 9
>SAO 10
>Twincest is only a 5
>Fucking Gash Bell is only a 6
Max, you hurt me.

Chuuni S1 was about getting rid of Rikka's daddy issues, not her chuunibyou

Still no new pv. Why are they so secretive about this show?

The drama in Chuu2 was evident since episode 5 I don't know what you're talking about with 'shoving a bit of drama at the end'

This is why KyoAni a best.

The natural conclusion of "these characters have some issues that explain some of their eccentricities" is not "Let's have 3 episodes of crying, screaming, angst and sadness."

>show

Who are you even quoting? Did you watch the show?

Like I said, shit tastes.
To be very honest a lot of that had to do with the order I watched them in. Could probably do for an overhaul on my ratings.
Now that I think about it, i tried to rate Comet Lucifer as objectively as I could even though I didn't enjoy it very much. Not a good idea.
I am a sucker for emotional anime though, so I feel I can justify my GC rating even though the end was shit. Prob explains my SAO rating as well.

Show me the light.

>Who are you even quoting?
I'm not quoting anyone. Did you see any greentext in my post?

>Did you watch the show?
Yes. Did you?

Drama was never the show's main draw or main feature. It was there but I believe it was handled poorly for the most part.

>Could probably do for an overhaul on my ratings.
I don't rate things, I just talk about what I liked and didn't like.

>i tried to rate Comet Lucifer as objectively as I could
CG mechs, Roman was the only good character, story progression was wacky, exploding bread, Japan doesn't understand gravity, token "bittersweet" ending where the newtype turns into space dust, dancing CG vegetables, horrible fight scenes, horrible villains. Some of the designs were nice, Roman was great and Moura was cool. The world looked pretty neat as well. But where did you come up with 8?

>Show me the light.
Spend more time watching anime and reading manga than you do arguing over whose taste is objectively better on Sup Forums (there's no point in arguing because it's mine) and then you're doing it right. Just try not to watch stuff that Okada writes or Imaishi directs and then pretend it's awesome.

Easy to dismiss Rikka's struggle and anger towards her family for hiding the fact that his dad was dying, and eventually copping mechanism by pretending to be someone else, and ineptitude of her own sister and mother as guiding authoritative figures with just "lel crying screaming and angst".

Jump off a bridge, lad.

>you're either new as shit
Ironic considering that you don't realize that this thread gets posted almost every day.