Psycho-pass

Oh hey, the dub for the movie is out. Is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

animeanime.jp/article/2015/09/07/24817.html
youtube.com/watch?v=UN9GiMFWKPE
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>dub

The original dub wasn't that bad. It would probably make the ENGRISH in the sub version a lot more bearable.

Not as good as S1, since it becomes more of an action movie with sci-fi elements.
Still enjoyable if you're into the series. Don't expect it to be a travesty like s2

about time

The only upside to it is that all of Kogami's engrish will be fixed
The downside is the fucking dub voices.

What do you mean the dub voices are fine I mean
they're not exceptional but they're not bad

Akane seemed to be the only bad one imo

Do I need to watch S2 to watch it?

How did the movie do? There plans to continue making more Psycho Pass?

Akane's grates on the ears. I'm not overly fond of Makashima's either.

I don't think so, the series ends here.

No, don't waste your time with the second season.

that's a shame

The Psycho Pass dub is not only one of the best dubs of all time, it's pretty damn good on its own.

I always liked Akane's English VA. It's the side characters I always hate, cuz that's where they start just throwing shit at the wall hoping it sticks.

I mean anything with actors is like that, but it's more pronounced with the B-class actors they use to dub foreign shit.

Saw it in theaters. The parts that were Engrish in the Japanese version were passable. The rest was...ok. A fair bit of emotional impact and tone are lost though with the English dub.

But isn't that because Japanese actors always overact?

Yes

They do overact in some shows, but for the contextual scenes in the Psycho Pass movie they felt appropriate. There's also general issues of stilted delivery that can't be avoided due to the dub VAs not being in the same room when recording.

Current plans are unknown. Nothing has really been resolved. All we get is a picture of Sibyl increasing their global influence.

Most of the quality drop with dubs simply comes down to no one really giving a shit from what I can tell. I mean come on - no one except possibly Steve Blum (who has some kind of eternal loyalty to it for getting him started in the business) and J. Michael Tatum (who's a fucking weeb) actually wants to dub Jap shit, but when you've got no resume yet that's all you're gonna get.

A lot of dub actors can give good performances when they actually care. Best example: Steins;Gate. Most of the cast were nobodies, no one had heard of them before, they'd been in nothing/almost nothing, but they were all fans of the VN and the show so they gave it their all and it fuckin' worked.

Well by the end of s2 (haven't seen the movie yet) Akane forced Sibyl to nuke itself and get rid of all the bad eggs, right? That seems to be a good thing which also should have caused enough damage to put a stop to any plans of expansion. Unless it didn't for some reason and/or stuff happened in the movie.

It better be, if only for the cringe-inducing Engrish of the actual Japanese language film.

I see you like Reddit memes and English dubs. Looks like you've found your home.

Meh.

The movie did very well commercially, also the chief director wants to make 2 more seasons and a live action version.

animeanime.jp/article/2015/09/07/24817.html

PP ended up second in this Nip poll of nearly 14,000 people about what original anime should get a sequel. Granted, T&B alone grabbed over 30% of the vote, but it's still a great result.

Did the Engrish in this film derail the hype train?

>tfw season 2 is just filler shit

I haven't seen the movie, but I can guess what happens
> Bad guys do bad guy shit
> Police guns fail to fire
> Akane spends the next 85 minutes trying to figure out why the guns won't fire
> She's already been through this twice before

Oohh neat a dub is out? I dropped the movie because the engrish was fucking annoying. Japanese actors either need to not sound retarded when talking English or they get actual foreign actors to do those scenes. I mean it's a damn movie so they should have budget to hire a few.

But it has evil Tommy Wiseau!

what about crispin freeman? i have heard his voice in 24 different roles and he is usually good and sometimes great. only bad performance he did was the kid villain in Now and then, Here and there.

youtube.com/watch?v=UN9GiMFWKPE

Anyone remember this engrish gem from rebuild of eva 2?