Miss me Sup Forums?

Miss me Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G986i5ZlH0M
pastebin.com/mPEjSUNY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Terribly. Please rescue us from the mediocrity Kino, we need you.

Also is Kinomod still here? I haven't been here for a while.

Get out of here,stalker

There was a Kino thread a while back where he posted and had music added to the thread.

Praise be onto Kino.

I love you kinomod, please bring back the music

I just realized that kino means cinema in german

He's around still.

Kino is super lewd.

S2 by Shaft

>literally spells out the message at the end of each episode, just in case it wasn't glaringly obvious enough
>any tension or hope of growth is destroyed by the fact that Kino's behavior has no consistency at all and she just serves as a puppet to help fist the message into your asshole even deeper
>all while being just quiet and contemplative enough to make certain people think that it's somehow a masterpiece

I almost never use the word "pretentious" to describe a work, but this show is literally the finest example in anime. Feel free to shout me down thanks to your prevailing opinion and mod backing, maybe somewhere it will stick to someone.

you know Ive been meaning to rewatch this for a long time I think Ill go and re download it.

THERE WHERE MOVIES!?

The movies are just long episodes.

That's like your opinion man, everyone is entitled to those and they have a right to voice it if it's wrong.

Oh well, more to watch. that's cool too

This post is about 572 times more pretentious than Kino's Journey

To be fair, the anime is a rather poor adaptation. The only episodes I REALLY like are Three Men on the Rails and A Kind Land, and even then, the animation quality in general isn't anything to write home about. The novels are a bit more subtle and nuanced, not to mention more interesting. There's so many fucking great stories that didn't get animated, not to mention the shifting perspectives to Riku and the Master in her youth. Master especially, Sup Forums would eat that shit up.

Shame the novels have hit a standstill in terms of translation. If I knew moon I'd pick it up, but unfortunately I don't. Volumes 13-16 and 18 are just sitting there, almost done, but all the translators dropped off. Maybe Untuned Strings will go back to kino after a while, though s/he's currently working through the Allison/Lilia/Etc series. Only like, what, 4 volumes left, too.

It's not fair! What does Mushishi get seasons and not Kino?

Was about to write something similar, but you did it better. The main point of the show was that Kino was a pretty cute tomboy.

>kino thread still alive
I love you guys.

>Show explains itself clearly
That's exactly what pretentious isn't. Contrast with Ergo Proxy, which tried to sit on the throne of hamfisted philosophy 101.

Kino's Journey is very straightforward and easy to interpret, that doesn't make it bad.

>Kino's behavior has no consistency
She looks out for herself and is generally there to observe. It's actually pretty consistent in that regard, with the degree to which she gets involved being varied by her empathy with the people around her. By using her as a mostly neutral observer, she felt more like a real person to me because it's different from the shows with protagonists who love to monologue too much.

Why the fuck would anyone complain about Mushishi getting more seasons? They're completely unrelated studios.

I wish there was more reverse traps in anime.

A NU CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE

Someone post swimsuit and ice cream.

Is this kino?

>you will never hold Kino in your arms in the shower just before you make sweet, passionate, wet love to her, savoring the soft touch of every inch of her skin slick with water as she moans and sighs softly into your ear

How do we get the music added to the thread?

God bless the Kinomod

Watched first half of the show. Maybe I'll pick the rest after finishing 2nd gig.

I won't let this thread die until i get my goddamn music

Kino shows up in the last anime you watched for three days. How does it change?

>Zeta Gundam
Kino shows up, realizes everyone's an idiot, and leaves. Kamille is stuck with a boner for her for the rest of his life.

Show was extremely interesting, but could definitely use a reboot or s2 with better animation. I like what they were going for with the setting and some of the allusions to the grander scheme of things. That final episode was spectacular.

>Mayoiga
I don't want to think about this.

>Banner of the Stars

Can Hermes travel FTL now? Or does she simply travel from planet to planet normally and ride Hermes for three days and then leave?

>Luluco
There is a lot of references to specific events in the series which are subtly parodied, and Kino is present but doesn't speak too much, but accompanies the main cast thoughout most the episode with Hermes. The episode would also cleverly use the title cards from the anime, as well as some of the ambient songs that were present. Basically another Triggerverse episode but with Kino.

It definitely could do with a do-over in the hands of a more competent studio. In retrospect it really doesn't do the novels justice, and beyond that doesn't even get into the really good shit in the novels, like grenade-loli, dog chapters, young master being a hilarious piece of shit, kino's sniper battle, giant traveling ship ocean country, etc.

Hermes can definitely FTL, read Gakuen Kino. It's canon. Not really. But seriously, it is.

Sure it's spaceship morphing Hermes ala Gakuen.

Are the LNs in English to buy? I wouldn't mind owning them to start getting into Kino.

what is this image

Only the first one.

If there's any chapter that I'd want to get animated, it'd be the (untranslated so spoiler tag) zombie one where she teams up with three other dudes for what is essentially exactly Left 4 Dead. From the concept down everything about it makes me laugh, maybe just from the dissonance.

The only one translated officially was Volume 1 by Yen Press, that was quite a while ago now so I'm not sure if it'd still be in print. For all the other volumes you'd have to read fantranslations or learn japanese.

Hahaha. Almost! But a certain someone had to fuck up the licensing deal! Because they had to put the book back in chronological order, even after Sigsawa said "what the fuck no that ruins the whole book" and then pulled the license back HAHA THANKS A LOT YOU STUPID FUCKS I'M SO GLAD YOU DIED

But all the LNs from volumes 2-12 are on the internet, at least. As well as scattered chapters from 13-17. Luckily it's all fairly episodic so it doesn't hurt things too much, but still. If I can ever get off my fucking lazy shit fucking ass I'll finish OCRing and re-ordering the original tokyopop release of volume 1, and including some nice TL notes in the back to let you know when tokyopop mistranslated or straight up added random bullshit for no reason.

Haha holy shit that sounds rad. Which volume is that, the latest? Sounds like Sigsawa, that's for sure. I mean we're talking about a guy who wrote a SAO spinoff because "hey I heard this arc has guns, can I write a story about it?" Dude fuckin' LOVES guns.

>XXXholic
I wonder if she is able to visit the shop. Overall not much probably.

I can't understand why Tokyopop did some of the changes they did. I'm all for localizing but what mentality would you need to add in entire new lines of dialogue?

Anyway, it was Vol 16 chapter 1. I could write up a summary if you want.

I think they were aiming for a teen/tween market with it for... whatever reason, so they added extra dialogue explaining things to make it "easier to follow". Fucking tokyopop.

>I don't want to think about this.
I do; it'd be awesome to see someone with more than half a brain in Nanaki village.

I wanna fuck Kino

>When the flying machine takes off
>The work of a lifetime
>youtube.com/watch?v=G986i5ZlH0M
holy shit

and people still miss everything you just quoted

anime is not a medium for people who demand elegant subtlety

it's just not possible to make an elegantly subtle anime without being ripping on it

>Initital D
Hermes is unable to catch up with the AE86, so Kino just leaves.

Gakuen Kino is love

I ended up writing a summary anyway. It's a bit long. pastebin.com/mPEjSUNY

>literally spells out the message at the end of each episode, just in case it wasn't glaringly obvious enough

>pretentious

Man, I can't believe Kino no Tabi's been going on for almost 20 years now. I wonder how the author would end the series? I doubt it'd be with a bang. It's one of those things that it seems appropriate to end on a quiet goodbye.

Someday he'll hit a multiple of three and just won't release another one.

Probably something like:
I can imagine Sigsawa continuing Kino until he dies.

Hajime no Ippo

She sits in the crowds while Ippo boxes, hangs out at the gym with Hermes, is aroused by Ippo's gigantic monster dick.

New anime using LN artstyle when? 2003 show is pretty good but Kino's head looks like an egg.

I miss Kino too much. I wish there were more episodic anime about traveling, too.

Anime Kino's endearingly cute in a different way. The LN art style's way different from the cover too. Shit's stylistic as fuck.

Eventually he'll start doing the things he said as a joke that happened between normal Kino and Gakuen Kino.

There's not much anime directors around who would make Kino justice.
If only Nakamura was still alive.

Not at this range

How much time has passed in the Kinoverse, or is it one of those deals where all the stories are outside of any chronology?

She'd be a Christmas Cake by now.

If you really wanted to try you could probably make a haphazard kind of timeline by counting the seasons and comparing them with chapters that are known to have continuity (Land of Mania, Feeding Off Others, Land of Kindness etc) but there's no point as Kino is perpetually 15(?).

Chapter 6 of Volume 3 is Kino 10 years later, with Inid as her apprentice or trying to kill her, I forget.

But, most of the stories are outside of any chronology, but some are definitely linked to each other.

That chapter isn't set 10 years later, Inid is narrating it while reminiscing from 10 years in the future. Tale of Fighting People in Vol11 is also kinda like that.

It's been at least three or more years since she ran away, so she's at least 16. She does keep things she finds in earlier chapters like Flute and use them from time to time, and Ti stays as part of Shizu's party after she's introduced. The ways stories are introduced though aren't in chronological order in each volume so again I guess time doesn't really matter. I guess there's no real way to keep track of time and the lack of explicit dates is to keep the story timeless and less grounded in reality.

Chapter 6 in volume 3 was about a young girl trying to rob Kino as part of a test to become a pirate, which was her dream. She fails and she becomes an author instead. The author implies at the beginning that it's Kino writing about her youth, but it's actually just the young girl reminiscing about it.

There's a chapter in Volume 18 where she spends an entire winter in a single country, so any chapters in winter have to be a different year from that. Like you said though chronology is barely a footnote in this series.

I see now. A Tale of Fighting People also has to be one of my favorite stories from the novels, along with the 2 stories that ended with Shizu getting Ti as a companion.

I want to be the guy grabbing Kino's ass.

You'll never grab it.

Yeah, Fighting People is one of my favourites too. It's been a while since I've read some of the stories, so I've forgotten a lot of them, but that one still sticks out. Others like that for me are Land of Cooking, Tale of Braggarts, Land of Parasites, Safe Land, xxxxx, then the usual suspects (Diva, Ship, Kindness, Adults, etc).
I'm always surprised by how consistently good the stories are.

You just have to be the man she falls for.

What's the point of a bikini when there's no tits

Please don't sexualize the Kino.

Kino makes me want to travel.

It's to accentuate the curves of a healthy body while maintaining a standard of wholeness by covering the naughty bits.

How will so much ice cream fit inside her body? Kino is a fool.

Thighs

Superior genetics, plenty of exercise

>spells out the message
>pretentious
what

I've heard that some of the stories may be from the old Kino's point of view.

>Conrevo
Would be a damn interesting episode. I wonder how she would react upon seeing JUSTICE.

Author does it himself

Which? As far as I can tell that's not the case.
It's a neat concept though. But I doubt it would happen if only to keep Kino Prime a somewhat ambiguous figure.

dat ass

Typically, stories featuring Kino make it a point to describe Hermes as a motorrad (Note: A two-wheeled vehicle. Only to note that it cannot fly) and whatever Kino is wearing.
Example:
>Its rider wore thick winter clothing of brown jacket and trousers on top of her normal clothes. She wore a boa winter cap with flaps that completely hid her cheeks. Her hands were covered with thick gloves, while a scarf was wrapped around her face. The yellow single-lens goggles over her eyes concealed her expression.
I can't think of any chapter aside from volume one where Kino's gender is hid explicitly or Kino is described as a tall, lanky man with a black ponytail, glasses, a trenchcoat, and a large backback strapped to his back. I definitely would like to hear about Kino before xxxxx became Kino.

xxxxx's real name is Poppy, like the poppy flowers found around her home town.

>Poppy
This is what I've been thinking too. It works really well.

>heh heh, tough luck rebutting me because I left the thread right after posting this
>heh heh, I sure showed them

He only wanted to ensure that Kino thread will not die

I thought that was just Troid impersonating Kinomod. Could be wrong though, maybe Hiro got him back.

He was never gone, so I don't see why hiro would have to get him back.
Man, it's funny how quickly incorrect rumors spread here.

I bet Kino would be a lightweight, considering her size and frame and lack of experience with alcohol.

What would a drunk Kino even be like?