twitter.com/AnonBabble

But the USA is truly exceptional

Exactly what every snowflake believes.

why

>britbongs
>white
ok mohammed

Our culture is being superior to others, we get it, you're insecure

Sorry you aren't special. I'd feel pretty lame if I were British too. Just anudda brickin the wall innit m8?

Irrelevant, answer the question.

You're culture is a melting pot, my culture's worse on everything but humility so insecurity's a non-issue.

That's just how world hegemons work. Britain was the exact same way, just read Rudyard Kipling.

Before long, we'll have exhausted ourselves by overinvesting in the world and get shit on for our trouble. In 200 years we'll look back and say "well we're not running the world anymore but we sure made some excellent cell phones".

I for one feel lucky to be born into the world's greatest power, right at the point where the barbarians enter the gate and fuck it all up.

>special snowflake
nounhumorous
noun: special snowflake; plural noun: special snowflakes

a person with supposedly unique characteristics or attributes that entitle them to privileged treatment or particular consideration.

De facto most powerful state in Earths history.

>B-b-but they d-don't even have s-socialized medicine!!!!!!!

I'd actually argue that point. The previous empires at the time could just fuck off anywhere and take it. Nobody could do anything about it. America tries that these days? Nuked. They're limited severely by their partial creation.

my grandfather called it "Herrenrasse".....

Sounds about right.

youtube.com/watch?v=y8JOEmtlgaE

Cities and Thrones and Powers
Stand in Time's eye,
Almost as long as flowers,
Which daily die.
But, as new buds put forth
To glad new men,
Out of the spent and unconsidered Earth
The Cities rise again.

This season's Daffodil,
She never hears
What change, what chance, what chill,
Cut down last year's:
But with bold countenance,
And knowledge small,
Esteems her seven days' continuance
To be perpetual.

So Time that is o'er-kind
To all that be,
Ordains us e'en as blind,
As bold as she:
That in our very death,
And burial sure,
Shadow to shadow, well persuaded, saith,
'See how our works endure!'

>why is America exceptional

It's literally the most powerful and richest nation in human history.

>Dresses in American fashions, listens to American music, eats at American restaurants, watches American tv shows...
>HURURRRRRRRR America just doesn't have the ability to extend its control over the rest of the world

Yes, that definition is accurate for America and for myself, thanks.

Did you know that a really good baked is privileged to particular consideration in certain contexts, such as being hired at a bakery? What a special snowflake, am I right, fellow gray formless collectivist cog?

But SPOONS ARE LEGAL in America. It is absolute chaos. You can even make rude remarks to a woman and not be jailed for 3 years. It is madness. Dogs throwing heil Hitlers into the air with reckless hateful abandon. American exceptionalism, sure, exceptionally CRAZY!!!!!

Never thought about it like that

Plenty of nations came before who exerted that level of control.
Soft power is a far cry from control, unless you admit that American corporations are the real government?
So you're a leftist muh feels type lad then?
Spoons?? Madness! At least you guys need permission to cross the road, can't imagine the carnage freedom to make your own mind up over road crossing could cause.

More Nobel laureates, more Olympic medals, more inventions, 2A, 1A, cheap CPI, Best Universities if not why do you fuckers come over on student visas, cultural infleunce on a global scale, military influence on a global scale. USA is the greatest most influential civilization in in the history of mankind eclipsing even the Roman and Greek civilization at their peak.

Stay mad

Rest of the world is complete shit

I think we all fell into the trap of replying to a contrarian limey communist, guys.

I feel shame...

exceptional at being the head of the beast

'American exceptionalism' means the ideals the country was founded on were/are exceptional.

>more nobel laureates
Obama has one despite being one fuck of a warmongering cunt.
>olympic medals
Remember Beijing 2008? When China won out on medals? And the US decided that that was the year they changed how medals should be counted to stay on top? Hahahaha
>inventions
If you're talking all time not even close to being close, even recently americans tend to take credit for shit from other places or collaborative efforts
>universties
Agree
>cultural influence
Diminishing quickly. Why do you think hollywood is predicating so heavily towards Chinese tastes these days?
>military influence
Poorly trained but loads of money so I agree there.
>rest of that gumph
Hahahahaha, who's language are you even speaking here pal?

>Plenty of nations came before who exerted that level of control.
Please, name them. Name any state in all of history which has exerted it's influence as far as the US has, or has had wealth anywhere near the level that we have. Rome doesn't even touch us.

Thinking on terms relative to the times then Rome absolutely does, the British empire for another, the mongols. Not that the US is insignificant by any means, they took advantage of WW2 which is probably one of the smartest moves in history. And working alongside the world developing an international digital infrastructure only to use it spread of soft power is also a fantastic move and served them well. But they're certainly not special. The space race is a good example of the american exceptionalism mindset. "FUCK missed that one, shit missed that, fuck fuck fuck fuck MOON! We win! This was always the end goal!"

How many other countries have constitutionally protected freedom of speech?

American Exceptionalism is Jewish flattery.

The declaration of the rights of man predates the first amendment by two years. It guarantees free speech. There were others before but this is the longest upheld.

An example of "American Exceptionalism" would be the super markets that we have. Many parts of the world didn't have the logistical capacity that America has.

Same with WW2, we kept dishing out more and more tanks at an exponential rate compared to other powers.

American Exceptionalism

>terms relative to the times
I agree that Rome was indeed very powerful, very important to history, and it's leaders were indeed exceptional, probably moreso that ours have been, but Rome did not exert the level of control that we do. I don't disagree with you, but phrase your responses better. I think you'll find on here, it's best to be as literal as possible, and say everything you mean. People will try to twist your words. Don't leave them any room to do so.

Every nation believes it's exceptional, you just can't notice it in case with micronations and irrelevant non-countries, cause they are too insignificant to ever have a chance to express this belief to anyone.

That was a very considerate response. Thanks for the advice.

So that's why Poland is always shitting up the place here

Fucking BASED OP.
>Muh freedom
>Muh why everyone hates us? Muh jealousy. Now watch muh be unjust and massacre kids for Israeli protections and corporations and arms dealers.

Exceptionally big.

Alf
kek

Very good point. And you've made me think on my own hypocrisy. During my time in China I encountered some extreme nationalism and didn't think twice about it. Yet I feel the need to call out American exceptionalism after a few drinks. I have some thinking to do.

People here have the wrong idea about American Exceptionalism. It was objective that America was exceptional upon its creation, it earned the title "exceptional" from Europeans commenting on the various qualities that made it so.
1- Geographical Location
The isolation of America from the rest of the world attributed to the development of the other qualities that made her exceptional.
2-Community
Americans were, and to an extent today, famous for being incredibly open, extroverted, friendly, and wouldn't be hesitant to offer assistance to strangers. This formed from the necessity of cooperation due to geographic isolation and the rough challenges one would face in the western frontier.
3- No Aristocratic class
America never had an aristocratic class that had mandatory traditions and attitudes that needed to be upheld by the general public. In fact, aristocracy from other European nations that would visit America would recount being jeered at and made fun of by American "lower class". Also, from the very inception, the "lower class" saw themselves as middle class or temporarily in poverty. The strive to climb the socioeconomic ladder has always existed in America.
Government-
America created a government that had the philosophical underpinnings of being made by the citizen, for the citizen. This had never been done in the history of the world and been successful.

aei.org/publication/is-america-still-exceptional/

>american culture
>existing

*inhales*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what did you played bioshock infinite now you think your a expert.

But even then there are likely many countries who have had similar histories. They just didn't have the combination of massive amounts of land and the capitlisation on WW2 to grow large enough to be so loud about it.

Not an argument.

have you played it though?

Yeah, and Ken Levine couldn't even get metaphysics right never mind questions of fucking national identity or geopolitics.

>British exceptionalism
Remember when you use to have this? Now saying Brits are the best in the world in Bongland will get you locked up for being racist.
Every native son should be proud of the land they're born in and where they choose to live.
The thing is, most countries dont have much to crow about. America has so much to be proud about that it hurts some non-American feefees. Too bad.

Welcome to Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average.

Because British exceptionalism was actually bullshit. It was just a bunch of jumped up lads with big guns telling nig nogs what to do. It's why I genuinely respect the Chinese approach. They might think they're better but they don't want to crow it to the world.

well blindly being full "muri'ka" is bad in my opinion having love for one's people and country is healthy, is not the same as being narcissistic kind on patriotic well that's opinion.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT BRITAIN AGAIN

Yeah I agree there. It's good to have a cohesiveness with your own people (though fuck if that even comes close to happening here these days) but when you start pumping that up to thinking and screaming you're some kind of god people? Yeah, that's when you can fuck off.

But nowadays the bongland police will come kick down your door if you say something mean on zuckerbook.

And the Declaration of the Rights of Man has protected precisely no one's right to free speech whereas the First Amendment has protected that of millions.

MAKE BRITAIN NON MUSLIM AGAIN!!!
Fucking faggot

I really need a source for that.

We've got our own rot but at least I can still own a butterknife.

Always think of yourself, your family, your people, subjectively.
American exceptionalism is thinking of your nation subjectively.
Always think of others objectively. There are no heroes on the enemy side as long as they are judged objectively.
All those judge subjectively are heroes.

Can you walk across the road on your own volition though?

American superiority is real.

But if American superiority is real then every single American person must be superior to the best of the best of every other country on earth. Would that make your average white trash hillbilly superior to Stephen Hawking?

I had to do it several times to get home from work today... I don't get it?

Discuss what? How we beat the shit out of you brown-toothed limey fucks in the Revolutionary War? Or discuss how we actually ARE exceptional in that if our country collapses the rest of the world goes down with us. There's not another country on the planet that can make that same claim. Cry about it some more, faggot bitchboi. We are superior. Always have been, always will be. Now get out there and suck your daily dose of muzzie dick.

Name a "snowflake" that put men on the Moon.

The fact that you are here on an American website. If you practiced freedom of speech on a british website, then you would be arrested.

>more than half of those medals were won by black americans

It funny how white americans suddenly are so acceptive of black americans when they need to prove a point such as the olympics or sports.

If you took away the awards blacks won in that chart you'd barely surpass Great Britian

Yeah take a load of this shit you fucking faggot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FAGGOT

I don't care.