FC Barça supported the Catalan referendum yesterday

FC Barça supported the Catalan referendum yesterday

So, looks like independence really is happening this time

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p059s1ks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Say it loud, say it clear! Catalonia is not Spain!

I love how all of these threads are always run by us 2

Bet they still want to play in Spains league though the cheeky cunts

Why would a non Bataclan city culprit bataklan?

I mean *years of

Can someone TL;DR me on this referendum?

Why do the people of Catalan want to form their own nation? What caused it to occur?

Redpilling the masses about Catalonia, all good.

The spanish league needs Barça as much as Barça needs the spanish league. It will even get more interesting.

Personally I think barça should join the Catalan league but the Spanish league needs barça too much. They’ll, probably come to some conclusion

If they want to be a big boy country they shouldn't be able to keep one foot in Spain when it suits them imo

Its all about Democracy and the will of the people, unless that means losing your power - then its all "its illegitimate, the vote doesnt count".

Good for the Catalonians, there litterally is no good arguments for why they should stay part of Spain. They pay more into the system than they take out, they get ruled by a bunch of beurocrats from everywhere else.

The future of democracy is fragmentation.

Catalans were always their own ethenic group with a distinct language and culture. They’re were in a joint rule with the aragonese for a long time, under the kingdom of Aragon name. The Catalans were able to parry much rule themselves, Then Spain came in and took over Aragon and it was no longer independent. After years of Castilian rule, (and some oppression under Franco) Catalans started trying to regain their independence. Every so often, they’d vote for independence in wide margins, and the Spanish’s government would strike the vote time, they dint care what the Spanish think, they’re going through with it anyway

Spain needs barça too. A large portion of their revenue comes from barça. With out them, the league as a whole would suffer. It would probably become obsolete

If Spain needs Barcelona and Barcelona needs Spain then maybe they shouldn't be supporting independence.

I'm all for the people of Catalonia expressing their democratic right to self determination but this half arsed notion that they can have all the benefits of independence with none of the drawbacks was tiresome when Scotland was trying it on and is tiresome now.

>there litterally is no good arguments for why they should stay part of Spain
Their good reasons for us to stay are our bad reasons.

You will see that the supporters of football clubs in Europe (at least Germany) will become important for politics in the future. These are units politicians can't easily divide.

>Catalonia has an independence referendum
>wins

When will they be independent, though? I thought that the Spanish government was saying they won't respect the vote, plus just like the Scottish referendum, they were saying that it would be months or even years before they could officially be called a country.

I'm trying to find a date to fly there so I can be in a country the day it's born, but I'm in Ireland with family on October 1st

Fuck Barcelona they are a bunch of cretins

>get independence
>immediately join EU

What did they mean by this

There are tons of ethnic groups in Europe who can say the same shit. These people are just snowflakes and need to get over it.

Most Catalans are probably left-wing loonies who shame the right in the US for not wanting to live in a multi-ethnic state. But what do they want? To not live in a multi-ethnic state.

Is the Catalan league pretty good? I mean they must be very well represented in the Champions League right

Also kind of curious about the formation of a Catalan military. Like, once they become independent, if they do, what happens to the bases there? And will Catalonia even bother making their own military, or just mooch off of other EU states for protection, like Kosovo?

Why is it in English?

Well, Scotland had a different league so it wouldn’t've mattered anyway. Anyway, it’s really Spain’s that needs barça. Barça already has the reputation, the fan base, and the money. The new Catalan league could probably get foreign investors too

>When will they be independent, though?
The Inquiry did an episode on this very topic recently: bbc.co.uk/programmes/p059s1ks

Spain has 4 or 5 good clubs and then 40+ other pro clubs. Catalonia has Barcelona, Espanyol and ... ? La Liga could keep on trucking without Barca. Barca would be playing against pub teams.

They’re saying within 48 hrs it’ll happen. Spain won’t recognize it, but other countries will. Since it was a democratic vote, the UN might force everyone to recognize it

I guess the day Catalonia will be born as a country will be the moment the president makes the speech to declare it as such. I don't know how long it will take to cut all ties from Spain but I hope it won't be too much.

Imo all ethnicities deserve their own state.

The catalan league is just Barça and a bunch of baddies. In case joining the spanish league fails, the french league has already said it is prepared to accept the team.

The current president of Catalonia has already stated Catalonia will need a strong military but I don't know what the plans are exactly. Spanish bases will be closed and the soldiers sent home ofc.

So you can understand it. Take the original version in catalan if you prefer.

They said the same thing about Mexican independence at one time

There’s also girona, taragonna, and a few others in lower leagues. They’ve never really amounted to anything though so it might take some Chinese and gulf investors to make it into something

>Spains national squad loses half of its key players for all eternity

Excellent

You can make fun of me when it happens, if it happens.

But I'm sure nothing is going to happen.

Never had any opinion about this catalonia thing. But shit, these catalonian commies and even the ones that talk here are or traitors to europe and it's values or divide and conquer scum.
For them "arguments" is attacking other whites.

>its diverse body of members
| |