Is this the most authentic portrayal of autism in anime?

Is this the most authentic portrayal of autism in anime?

>kyoani
>making the most authentically autistic characters since before autism was an insult
It's kind of their thing.

>It's kind of their thing.
No, they learned it from Key.

No because you are using the wrong definition of autism

Not a single thing she does could be classified as actual autism, what are you talking about? She's just self-important and determined, two traits that autists wouldn't even understand. Autism is often a consequence of mental retardation and she is shown to be quite bright in the show, in the conventional sense.

An authentic portrayal of autism would be a retard who looks and acts stupid while being afraid of virtually everything and incapable of forming coherent sentences and responses.

Nope.

That or she's bipolar.

Wow so progressive Kyoani.

Impressive, very nice.

>what is high functioning autism

>most authentic portrayal of autism

I agree because your argument was accompanied by four repeating digits at the end of your post number

You're really over-exaggerating here, user. None of the autistic people I've ever met where like this.

This is the gaze of an autist.

So Reina going into another room to scream and slap her legs when someone disagreed with her, that's a good sign of average mental health?

Pretty sure even Rei shows more emotion than that robot.

This is the gaze of a cutie.

a challenger appears

Don't post 3DPD

Wrong webm.

>high school girl does something silly and melodramatic
>autism!

Yes.

infuckingdeed

Forced animation at it's finest.

Jokes aside, I found her legitimately unsettling at times.

90% of the time she's an emotionless robot, but then randomly spazzes the fuck out at the slightest provocation.

Everybody loved moments , but really it just came out of nowhere and felt so at odds with her character to that point.

It looks pretty good to me, fampai. Maybe you're too accustomed to still images with flapping mouths.

I might be biased because all the autists I've had the displeasure of working with were mostly like that. Some didn't purposefully act stupid but they were noticeably slower and dumber than the average person. Reina, while certainly obsessed in one field and socially unskilled (typical aspergers and high-functioning autism), is shown to be perfectly capable of normal human interaction (if a bit atypical, but not on the level an autist would be), and normal everyday skills, she can take care of her own needs, etc.

People get this mad, or worse, over different opinions on the internet all the time. Either they are all autistic or it's normal.

This one however is a true high functioning autist. Can't take care of a number of basic daily needs, dumb as a rock when you take her outside her comfort zone and incapable of leading a normal life by herself, needs to be babysit all the time, etc.

kyoani literally is japan's worst studio.

best*

It's actually neither.

Lain's got bigger problems than just autism.

Stop posting non-Kyoani sfuff in Kyoani threads, faggots.

Your mom's got bigger penis than you

Ok

Finally a sensible person.

Is this a false flag?

Is this the most authentic portrayal of mai waifu in anime?

I don't know. IS she your waifu? If so you have good taste.

LESBIAN

>you will never be an autistic lesbian in a relationship with another autistic lesbian
Why live

While there are certainly different types of autism, it in no way means the the same thing as mental retardation.

If you say so satan

So you can watch autistic lesbians.

lesbians are autistic what else is new

No, it's a portrayal of motivation, something that I've lacked for my whole life and that is slowly driving me into despair. I often think about Reina and how much I'd like to be like her.

The saddest thing is, I'm not even kidding.