SKYKING General Noise Edition

What's that noise?

F.A.Q. for the newfags:

*** What the heck is it?
>SKYKING is operated by the United States Military. Some of the messages are transmitted from Offutt Air Force Base near Omaha, Nebraska (the ones that end in "Offutt Out"). This is the headquarters of U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) which is charged with space operations (such as military satellites), information operations (such as information warfare), missile defense, global command and control, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR), global strike and strategic deterrence (the United States nuclear arsenal), and combating weapons of mass destruction.

*** What does it mean?
>The transmitted codes are likely One Time Cipher Pads, sometimes known as a Caesar Cipher. This is a set if codebooks held only by the transmitter and recipient of the message and they have the only two copies of the codes and know which letters and numbers mean what. Once it is used, it is never reused.

*** What are they for?
>SKYKING messages are probably sent to nuclear elements of USSTRATCOM and maybe intelligence units. Most of the messages are probably benign; "Nothing new, all is well." Occasionally, it can be assumed a "Something odd is happening in Russia, we will let you know if it gets worse," message is sent.

*** Can we decode them?
>You won't crack the cipher. Seriously, no you won't. One-time pads are unbreakable.

*** What does the repeating SKYKING mean? >The amount of times "SKYKING, SKYKING DO NOT ANSWER" is repeated correlates to the urgency of the messages. Or, for that matter, how many times the Authentication Code is sent.

>SKYKING is a Boeing E-6 Mercury "Looking Glass" NCA circling somewhere over America ready to TACMO in the event of a nuclear strike.

*** Where do I listen to this?
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

Frequencies to monitor:

8992 KHz USB
11175 KHz USB
6737 KHz USB
8890.94 KHz USB
8991 KHz USB

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_pad
vocaroo.com/i/s0Z7f4SpwyS5
youtube.com/watch?v=m0wqAvEiAA4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have seen a billion of these threads, this is the first time I've actually read a good explanation. Thanks user.

'OFFUT OUT' refers to the S.A.C. (Strategic Air Command) base in Omaha, NE. I grew up on that base, been inside S.A.C. headquarters once for a ceremony. Guys running down the halls drilling 24/7...Spooky base, lots of OSI running around......Town was weird, too. Lot of bad energy there.

Nice job OP

A slight correction, as Caesar just used a straight substitution, Vernam figured out randomness worked on a large scale. Even he fucked up his system by reusing his tape of random substitution. Still he deserves credit over Caesar.

>One Time Cipher Pads, as a Vernam cipher.

Kahn, David (1996). The Codebreakers. Macmillan. pp. 397–8. ISBN 0-684-83130-9.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_pad

Skyking
Foxtrot Echo (i think)
Moonglow

Good article with more info here:

popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a26230/deadliest-plane-e-6-mercury/

>"Skyking" messages are directed at U.S. nuclear assets and command and control.

>The E-6, also known as "Looking Glass", uses Very Low Frequency (VLF) radios to communicate with Ohio-class fleet ballistic missile submarines, relaying orders from the National Command Authority—including orders to launch Trident nuclear missiles.The E-6 also has the ability to relay orders to land-based ICBMs as a backup the Air Force's E-4B "Nightwatch" command and control aircraft.

did i fucking miss it?

vocaroo.com/i/s0Z7f4SpwyS5

Got this from some one on twitter

ANOTHER

5 3 3, authentication Q G W R out
another skyking
what the fuck
two skykings in 10 minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=m0wqAvEiAA4
stream is monitering EAMs

OP here
Thx for the helpful infos!
I just copied this from a previous posts but any new or correct info is good to know for future posts!

Second skyking just went out.

Jewking jewking don't not answer

Shekels

Out

Right on. The link to the virtual radar is pretty standard to include, with the instructions to set filter to military aircraft so you can see the E-6 (1 or more) usually up over the Oklahoma area.

global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html

have a bump

new skyking

ANOTHER ONE
->X2

WE NEED MORE RECON

SKYKING SKYKING
DO NOT ANSWER
PEARL JAM

What is Andrew's AFB?

Third Skyking. Pearl Jam.

how do i see the the live MILITARY aircraft? i can get to the part with civvy aircraft

THREE E6s up at this hour not a fucking drill

how do i see the military only REEEE

Ever since the first missed Hwasong-14 ICBM launch, there's been a lot more Skyking messages daily.

That launch no doubt shocked everyone into action. U-2s would be getting a lot of flight time.

Base where Air Force One is located

nice digits, also the way you do it is to go into the settings on the site and then go to filters, filter for military and turn it on

thank you, kind leaf, the rake shall wait another day

Any chatter tonight, HamBros?

Just a couple skykings
I'm guessing a slow, but steady buildup for Korea

Start shitposting in chat, pussies.

A few skykings.
A few radio checks.

Don't be a faggot.

Leave Sup Forums on Sup Forums.

Don't tell me what to do.

Bump

calm down sergay