HxH ONESHOT BY TOKYO GHOUL AUTHOR

MS just released it
readms.com/r/one_shot/Hisoka Origin Story/3450/1

Someone dump.

Other urls found in this thread:

chiggix.tumblr.com/post/145336753292/冨樫義博-石田スイ-特別対談-少年ジャンプ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This oneshot was pretty good.

Togashi should have slapped Ishida for this.

This is canon?

yes, togashi plans a chapter that ends where this begins, so about hisoka without powers

Wow that art is just as good as Togashi's.

Togashi said he thought it was nice.

it isn't. It doesn't make sense for someone else to make something canon for a character like Hisoka. Just a Spin Of dude.

This was a very enjoyable read. Can't wait to read the proper version.

That was better than expected.

Actually a nice story, and it makes you curious about what happened before it.

Togashi gave Ishida the greenlight and told him could do whatever the hell he wanted with Hisoka's past.

Togashi literally said that he let Ishida decide Hisoka's past, but Ishida was too afraid, so he skipped the part before Hisoka learns nen. This shit is canon.

>Hisoka origin one shot
>This week's chapter
confirmed dead

Although I agree with Togashi that it was a good idea Ishida left the part before he was on the ground ambiguous. No matter what kind of background Ishida had written for Hisoka, it would have never surpassed our expectations.

That was much better than expected especially from the reactions it has gotten around here. Why was this disliked again? I liked the early HxH vibe it gave off and it could really fit into the canon easily, also the fight actually using tactics and John Doe's nen ability being creative was appreciated. The only downside to it was John Doe's backstory being really edgy and being too standard of what a psychopath in the series would be like. Still I didn't regret reading it and will probably do it again for fun in the future.

>why was this disliked again?
Closure for our clown friend does not bode well

Togashi sort of slipped that Hisoka will live during his interview with Ishida. In case Hisoka dies anyway, I will miss the magician very much and remember him fondly.

It's weird though, before reading this I'd accepted Hisoka's death but now I'm actually pulling for him to win.

I liked it. 100-Face John Doe took the exam the same year that Ging did. When we will get backstory on that?

Unless this is met with praise from Japan to allow Ishida to write more HxH spin-offs or Togashi put this character into the story, definitely not.

So, was Gin the one that destroyed Moritonio right?

yeah ging just blew everybody out that year

How though? That guy is old as fuck.

A lot of old people take the exam

Maybe he was younger when he took it, yet in the flashback, it made Ging seem taller.

Since Togashi's health clearly won't allow him to continue HxH at a normal pace, he should just give up and have someone else draw it.
At the very least, he should stop being stubborn and get some assistants to help.

Boring shit.
I wanted to see Hisoka being a jobber for a while or already being a magician full of bloodlust. This was like the perfect origin for a Mary Sue character.

It still baffles me how the existence of Nen is somehow a secret in the HxH universe

it wasn't his actual face though, remember his reaction when his "face was peeling"?

So that guy was butthurt that he didn't become a Hunter that year because of Gin, but never tries to take the exam again even though knowing Nen automatically makes him better than 99% of the other finalists and should make the exam a piece of cake???
What a wuss.

It's a matter of pride I suppose. Imagine if you fail a test and a 12 year old instead passes it with flying colors in front of everyone.

>yfw Ging copied this niggas style and humilated him
>now Hisoka fucked him over as well
Wew

You ever experience going up against someone who so completely outclasses you, you don't even bother to try?

It's probably what he went through.

>Hisoka and Ging parallel

Chrollo >> Ging CONFIRMED

What other characters do you think should get one-shots like this?

why are some hxh fags mad that based ishida did a backstory for hisoka? Ishida is a huge hxh fan and a good mangaka in his own right.

Biscuit, Chrollo, Zeno, Illumi and many more.
One about Milluki's daily routine would be great too.

Who's mad I thought it was decent.

Illumi
Chrollo
Hanzo

What the fuck is this art

>ishida
>good
>implying

That's why.

Doesn't look like a 12 year old. Was it Don Freecss?

It's a fucking scribble mess and hardly a story of it's own. It's incredibly generic and does nothing for the character except tell us that's he's like really talented and a circus performer. It's like 40 pages of a dog licking his balls except it's Ishida licking Togashi's balls.

>ishida
>not good

wew lad

This is Sup Forums mate, people hate on everything and anything.
It's a storyboard and it's not even that bad, lacks absolutely any details whatsoever but the composition is nice and a pretty good imitation of Togashi's style.
Gon looked like that in the late CA chapters.

>40 pages
Confirmed for not even reading the oneshot before shitposting

It's awesome to see two of my favourite artists colliding

He's right, though.

I would much prefer Ishida to write original stories in the HxH verse since there is literally no one else I can imagine needing a backstory since most of them are already told or unnecessary.

>Speaking of yourself with third person terms
Dude

Yep, Hisoka's dead

False.

You caught me, user. There's no posibility I believe someone else is right, even when I already made a post in which I said I didn't like this oneshot because it has nothing interesting happening with Hisoka.
Believe whatever you want to. I couldn't care less.

>it's Ishida licking Togashi's balls.

Hot, can Takeuchi watch?

so john doe. You guys have a problem with how he can both conjure and transmute?

Not really. You can develop other nen abilities without being from certain type.
It's like the first rule they said when introduced nen so I didn't even cared about it.

No, Conjurers and transmuters are right next to each other on the chart, it makes sense as to why, it's practically the same thing almost anyway.

I'm not sure that was Ging, he looked too tall. He was only 12 when he took the Hunter exam.

It was Netero.

Netero is too old for that

I just think it's weird that his ability seems like it's primarily conjuration despite him being a transmuter.

Aren't transmuters like 90% efficient and conjuration? it's pretty good unlike someone like Kastro who used up his potential on making an ability that used two types of nen that he'd never be able to perfect.

Transmuters are 80% effective with Conjuration.

He is using both Conjuration and Transmutation with this skill, with the Transmutation being imo more impressive.

Magnets are tricky afterall.

yeah he's just conjuring metal chunks and giving them magnetism

Yes, so whats the issue.

It was fucking shit, Ishidhack needs to kill himself

>"In a certain part of the world"
nice cover, ishida

You mad

Togashi should hire him to draw before he ends up in the hospital for 2 years again, every week he bitches about some kind of pain

He was talking about the pain he went through in the past.

togashi should be slapped for being so lazy his story is being done by other mangaka

It's probably meant to be Ging but Ishida got the dates wrong.

you first

literally Fanfiction

Canon fanfiction too. Ishida is basically living the dream.

i doubt it's canon.

read the thread

He had Togashi approval. If it ever comes to that and Togashi can't do everything by himself anymore I reckon his name will be on the top of the list. Togashi writing, he drawing.

,,,You tell me.

The Clown can't die until he reunites with his Abaki.

He will have the last laugh.

do you have more quote?

That was pretty good

It was fucking ass, it read like some fanfic from tumblr or something
I can't believe you fags are defending this dogshit

No, my quota is done for today.

>trying this hard

I want to see more Abaki.

Would Togashi be enough of a madman to make a cameo of her?

>some guy who already knows nen somehow failing the exam
>generic backstories/exposition about the setting and minor characters
>stupid John Doe subplot with a twist you could see coming from 5 miles away
>Hisoka is a complete Mary Sue, able to copy trained professionals and learn things that'd take a year to master in literally a week, people who hate him are just jealous and bitter
>and then he kills a trained nen user after knowing it for a couple of weeks
>rehashed and watered down nen tutorial from Heaven's Arena
Not to mention it felt mostly out of character and didn't add anything to him

2/10 it's trash, literally the only good thing to come out of that shitshow was Abaki and she was barely there, her only purpose was to make Hisoka look better

Yes he is. HisokaxAbaki is happening.

>Hisoka is a complete Mary Sue

What are gon and killua then?

I know it's tumblr and all but here's an interview with Togashi and Ishida Sui

chiggix.tumblr.com/post/145336753292/冨樫義博-石田スイ-特別対談-少年ジャンプ

>Ishida will take over Hunter x Hunter after Togashi dies
i'd be cool with this

You must be a fucking retard if you think they're even comparable to this pile of shit
Gon and Killua are presented as characters who fuck up constantly and are outclassed by nearly every other hunter in the series
In this fanfiction.net tier garbage Hisoka is literally perfect, i'm almost certain Ishidhack was jerking off to him when he wrote this abomination

it just wouldn't be a hisoka chapter if he didn't fucking explain how bungee gum works at least once

Are you stupid? It's heavily implied he took the exam the same year Ging did. Of course you would fail against a guy like that. Knowing Nen isn't everything.

The rest is nitpicking. You protest it didn't show you enough but whine when it shows Hisoka was a natural and had a knack for it from young age. You complain it uses established staples like the water divination.

Not revealing much was the point and true to his character. They won't go far back, you won't see his family, just vague hints. The rest of the crew gets some background for world-building. You see first contact with Nen and the origin of bungee gum. It draws a nice parallel with Ging in his way of dissecting a technique and ameliorating it. I think that by itself is a nice touch. Makes his interaction with Gon on the Hunter Exam more resonant in hindsight.

One thing that was unlike HxH was for Ishida to pull the "innocent helpful friend is actually the villain" straight out of his Tokyo Ghoul one-shots.

HURRRRRR NOOOO
I hate Ishida Sui and i hope he will never touch this manga again

His oneshot can go to trash, i don't want Tokyo Ghoul fanbase in my favourite manga.

>HURRRRRR NOOOO
end yourself