Which mythological sect do you find most interesting (Norse, Greek, Slavic, Celtic, etc.)?

Which mythological sect do you find most interesting (Norse, Greek, Slavic, Celtic, etc.)?

Post your favorite mythology books too!

islam is pretty hilarious.

Sumerian.

Lol

Hindu.

Hinduism has some great tales and they have that particular brand of exotic and weird to set them apart from other Indo-European mythological cycles. I have a couple different translations of the Ramayana, and an abridged version of the Mahabharata which I like. The actual poetic style of the ancient Mesopotamia tales, like those of Gilgamesh or utnapishtim though, have an attractive other-worldliness to them despite the repetitiveness, like entering into the dream fantasies of an autistic alien child or something: I used to smoke weed years ago, and reading through those high was an activity I repeated.

You can tell it was written by sand niggers for sand niggers because it can't help but drive the same 3 or 4 points home the entire book

>Slavic
People generally don't know much about slavic mythology, since very little of it was ever written down.
Even slavs themselves nowadays only vaguely know about baba Yaga plus maybe a few silly superstitions that people had.

Slavic myths don't really have any major stories about Gods or such, instead they're mostly just full of various superstitions and horrifying monsters.
Most of the monsters you see in Witcher 3 for example are taken directly from slavic myths

I've always really liked norse mythology. It was the first one I ever really got into and always will just be the one I like the most and am most attached to. I even got into paganism for a bit.

greek mythology has always been my favorite mythology to study. the only hard part is that theres no one conclusive accepted lore. people tended to make their own shit up and do spinoffs of current gods at the time. its really hard to pinpoint a definitive pantheon and story but its all interesting nonetheless.

norse and greek are cool but good luck trying to find much else. celtic even in broad terms is so fragmented. wypipo myth is largely a bitch to research.

The witcher series is loosely based on Slavic mythology I believe. Some of the shit in there creeps me out desu

Greek hands down

Mostly because Slavic mythology faded with time and we don't know that much about it and I could not care less about Norse / Celtic

celtic

can i get a brief generalization on slavic mythology? never knew that existed.

You've got your mythical beings like elves, dwarves, giants, etc and then you have a shitload of scary monsters that eat children that misbehave because mommy said so

Greco-Roman

Proto-indo-European desu

Lead to European paganism/Vedanta/Zoroastrianism can't go wrong

Did they clone one of them?

Weid thing is that Hidnusim has lots of great storeis some good life guidance and enticing philosophies - on the other hands you've got texts where they praise the diligent wife who'll rub your house in cow dung like she is supposed to.
How did this happen?

Is your pic related to Norse mythology?

Indo Iranian