VPN craze is pushed by US government agents

ATTENTION YOU FAGS

If you are using a VPN thinking it is helping you keep your IP safe, or prevent government tracking of your IP, think again.

The recent rise in popularity of VPN servers and proxying your traffic through free VPN networks is entirely pushed by the US government. Messages promoting VPN use on sites like Sup Forums, that other website the retards come from, and video game forums are shilled hard by government spooks. Specifically the CIA and NSA (not FBI)

The VPN operator has access to ALL TRAFFIC pushed through a VPN. This means anyone with root on the particular machine and network hardware running the VPN in the datacenter. Most VPNs run from virtual servers that the datacenter operators (and spooks) have complete control over.

DNS is not encrypted. Every time you resolve a URL you are giving the VPN provider more information. Most instant messaging protocols are also unencrypted. This includes IRC unless you are connected via TLS.

Here is an incomplete list of things you are exposing:

- your (real) ip address
- every URL you access
- when you wake up and go to sleep
- which forums you browse, and who you talk to
- when you go to work and when you come home
- which email provider(s) you use
- how much email you receive
- which internet servers you SSH to
- which games you play, when, and with whom
- all in-game Steam voice communication, inbound and outbound

Also duckduckgo is a government operation because Google refuses to let the government access the search history of American citizens (specifically the search history)

WAKE UP YOU FAGS

Other urls found in this thread:

linux.die.net/man/8/ethtool
cdn.netzpolitik.org/wp-upload/2017/09/displacement_study.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

also if you have cable TV the set top box exposes which tv stations you watch, which shows, and when

and whether or not you have children

and what race and gender you are

VPN isn't to block nation state level stuff

it's to block the jews

but (((deepstate))) so there's no real point the government leaks info to third parties

I thought the NSA pwned the trunks of the whole internet, so they had this info already. You don't think so?

that only catches data going over the trunks, there are many technical challenges

like they haven't got much snooping at all over ipv6 because they move too slow and their people with clearance don't know ipv6 and the equipment they use needs to be heavily vetted

If you want to be 1337 rent your server where only you have access and use a pUTTY socks proxy.

Tfw your neighbors WiFi is the best vpn.

- all in-game Steam voice communication, inbound and outbound

oh fuck dude is this real?

>The VPN operator has access to ALL TRAFFIC pushed through a VPN. This means anyone with root on the particular machine and network hardware running the VPN in the datacenter. Most VPNs run from virtual servers that the datacenter operators (and spooks) have complete control over.

>DNS is not encrypted. Every time you resolve a URL you are giving the VPN provider more information. Most instant messaging protocols are also unencrypted. This includes IRC unless you are connected via TLS.

>Here is an incomplete list of things you are exposing:

>- your (real) ip address
>- every URL you access
>- when you wake up and go to sleep
>- which forums you browse, and who you talk to
>- when you go to work and when you come home
>- which email provider(s) you use
>- how much email you receive
>- which internet servers you SSH to
>- which games you play, when, and with whom
>- all in-game Steam voice communication, inbound and outbound
And not using VPN prevents all of this?

Also none of this is an issue if you control both gateways that build the VPN tunnel

Creating VPNs to access a public website is pointless

>Tfw your neighbors WiFi is the best proxy.
ftfy
Until they look in your Neighbours routers arp table ofcourse

thinking you're safe on the internet post 9/11

>VPN use on sites like Sup Forums
i dont even remember the last time a paid VPN worked on Sup Forums let alone a free one.

Nice try NSA

I shitpost without protection.
They will either hire me to shitpost for them or they will kill me. Either way is fine as compared to my current situation.

I shitpost without protection.
They will either hire me to shitpost for them or they will kill me. Either way is fine as compared to my current situation. Come at me. Fucking come at me.

>And not using VPN prevents all of this?

it doesn't prevent it, it just doesn't give this information to yet another party

you're correct, none of this is an issue if you control both gateways that build the VPN tunnel

>Until they look in your Neighbours routers arp table ofcourse

spoof that macaddr son
linux.die.net/man/8/ethtool

the point isn't to make these people safer on the internet, the point is to inform them they aren't safe

actually it's probably because the vpns reside in other countries and the nsa can't tap domestic servers without a warrant

this is why I use ssl and dnscrypt with mine
not now though, can't post on 4chinz with it on

yeah that worked real well for cock.li hosting servers in germany

the spooks hit him in the middle of the knight and physically took all his hard disks

>lifegoals
exactly. I just dont give a fuck.

Best VPN for waterfox please anons?

Sure, but they will see all of those things regardless. VPN won't be enough to protect you from the alphabet soup but it might protect you from the copyright jew

YOUR REAL ISP ALLOWS THIS
BUY A GOOD NAD THERES NOO ISSUE

what is even worth downloading that the copyright jew owns anymore? hollywood is going down in flames. the recording industry produces nothing of value

the only thing I even bother torrenting now is animu and mango

I still download some TV-series and movies

top secret now declassified report shows that internet piracy doesn't harm sales in any way shape or form.

cdn.netzpolitik.org/wp-upload/2017/09/displacement_study.pdf