FASHWAVE FUCKERS

LATEST FASHWAVE youtu.be/mgywO-Dmkyc

More than just a mannerist collage of the nostalgic aesthetic belonged to the millennial generation, Fashwave also operates to force classicism free of the post-modernist stranglehold that academic progressives have maintained over it, for a nearly a century. We would be mistaken to claim that the antiquated speculative nature of Fashwave betrays the aesthetic as a thing only predicated on nostalgia. While it might be considered a collage of sorts, stitched together from pieces of 80s and 90s pop-culture; VHS tapes, video game soundtracks, neo-noir landscapes, neon, lasers, synthesizers, streaking brake lights and 8-bit arpeggios—Fashwave only operates modally to subvert the mainstream progressive agenda by way of nostalgic cues to the otherwise uninterested.

The real strength and fascination of the aesthetic lies in its ability to draw a parallel between anachronistic futurisms; that is to say, what ideals were once held for tomorrow and have since fallen either out of favor, out of fashion, or out of plausibility—and icons of western art now so unpopular in the mainstream circles of acceptable media. Hovercrafts, jetpacks, Bond gadgets, terminator technology, apocalyptic analogues—dreams made into memories.

By carefully conflating these two ideas we might touch on the birth of a new mannerism: anachronism becomes the mode by which the canon of western thought and artistic enterprise suddenly and altogether vaults over the rhetorical barriers set in place by post-modernism and manned tirelessly by the drones of academia, to re-establishes itself as a countercultural force.

So it was that Piranesi’s Veduta di Roma series painted an image of Rome so fantastical that Goethe himself—a fan of Piranesi’s work—exclaimed his consuming disappointment upon first visiting the city, for it was less impressive than Piranesi’s drawings had led him to dream.

>Let us continue dreaming.

The Difference Between Vaporwave and Synthwave
Synthwave is a form of Electronic music that takes most of its inspiration from synth music and pop culture from the 1980s. Musically, synthwave is often instrumental and has a "futuristic" theme, with large, throbbing, retro synths. House influenced heavy drums (often side-chained) are also very popular. It draws inspiration from a variety of genres that originated and/or was most popular during the 1980s, including, but not limited to, Synthpop, Progressive Electronic, Italo-Disco, Electro-Disco and other derivative styles. Synthwave albums are generally arranged in a style that is similar to a Film Soundtrack, Film Score, Television Music or Video Game Music album.
The visual element of synthwave is important as well. Album covers are heavily influenced by 1980s films (such as Blade Runner or The Terminator), TV shows (specifically Miami Vice and Knight Rider), video games (notably OutRun and similar titles), and other elements important in 1980s culture.

Vaporwave is a primarily sample-based genre characterized by heavily synthesized and processed manipulation of corporate mood and background music (infomercials, menu screens, instructional videos, office lobbies, hotel reception areas, shopping malls, etc.), though it can include a multitude of genres (most commonly Pop, Contemporary R&B, Synth Funk, Smooth Jazz & Exotica). Vaporwave often consists of brief sketches altered by slowing down, looping, glitching, pitch-bending, and/or echoing a particular sound or sample in a compressed state, usually under reverberation. Spawned from the derisory term 'Vaporware' (a software or hardware project that fails to be released to the public), Vaporwave alludes to a disconnection or separation from reality presented through its original form. The sound results in a sacred, mystical, sultry, dreamy, hyper-real, and/or crystal-clear caricature of mass media from the late '80s, to the popularity of the home computer of the mid to late '90s, and onward
TLDR Synthwave actually takes skill to create than Vaporwave

Reminder that the best thing you can do to save the west is to reject all religion.

If by reject religion, you mean reject false religion, of course. Christianity is the only true path.

HERE WE GOOOO!!!!

>Christianity is the only true path.

Kike Yanks pls..

F A S H Y G O Y

Christ had his strongest words of condemnation for the Jews. They've been cut off as a people because of their arrogance. Why not take the Bread pill user?

really like this one

Can I get this without text?

> Commies in a fashwave thread

nope canada, a bold death-to-heathens Christianity would actually benefit mankind as things are now

Kikeposting is forbidden

rate my band Sup Forums

Electronic music is inherently homosexual.

lol I was looking at that statue the other day in Sydney

>reject all religion

that includes yours, you insufferable fedora.

I'm in the process of creating a juicy fash gif. Its going to be This sweet fuhrer bust with multiple swastikas on either side receding in to the background while also rotating. Feedback appriciated

Love the airbrushed look of this. not so much the communism :/

how so ?

I like these, however if you are the artist i would say this ; Try to blur thing a bit more in general. Especially the zbrush looking one

I don't believe anything

blam, these are fun

Why are you slapping the Chi Rho onto random things? Ignoring the fact that it's cringey as fuck to just slap random "EPIC XD" symbols haphazardly onto things, in some cases it goes completely against the religion in question, and is antiethical to the very thing you're promoting (Yes, importing Eastern Orthodoxy is precisely the same thing as importing Islam even if the Orthodox are EPIC and BASED) it doesn't even make sense.

Overt religiousity is good if it actually adheres even slightly to the religion.
These work. These are good. They actually have a Christian meaning to them both in the text used and the sculpture.

This genre is trash
Vaporwave superior

>atheists are all rapist pieces of shit
wow it's almost like you're making a case for being not a kike
>implying atheism isn't a kike flag regardless of your personal beliefs in "a magic sky daddy"

I actually had an explicitly Christian one that I really liked and demonstrated what I was talking about in but I can't seem to find it. This one here, however, demonstrates the effect I was talking about with putting out of place foreign symbolism on top of Andrew Jackson. The pioneer spirit, the taming of the West, etc etc etc is an explicit part of American identity. It has distant roots in our European past, but it's a distinctly American phenomenon and a distinct part OF us Americans, as is Andrew Jackson. Eastern Orthodoxy has nothing to do with fucking Jackson. It has nothing to do with America. It's foreign. You can advocate for the introduction of foreign elements (That's literally what American monarchists do after all) but don't do it in the same breath as exhorting a return to tradition and heritage and etc etc etc.

Shut the fuck up fag.

what hurts me most, what penetrates deeply in to my soul is that my own family rejects their clear and distinct european heritage. Something is deeply wrong with this world. Something only the will of god can fix

I have never seen this style catch on outside of Sup Forums after all the years you guys have been shilling it

Here we go, I found it. The picture is explicitly Christian and the text is implicitly (but not necessarily) so. I like this picture because it sums up the entire aim that Fashwave should take towards religion: A multi-pronged attack.

On one hand, you don't have to be religious to appreciate either the imagery or the message. At the same time, it is indeed explicitly religious and calls upon a heritage and past that is still deeply meaningful even from a secular perspective. It's not quoting scripture at you, rather it calls upon an almost ethnoreligious or culturally religious tradition. It calls upon something that is intrinsic to YOU, the Western Man viewing the image. The knight is not just a product of Christianity, he is a product of the West itself and cannot be separated from it. The knight is not deracinated by Christianity (as some on here would wish) but rather the exact opposite happens: He, and indeed the message itself, cannot exist WITHOUT the White man to view them. The knight himself is alsonot only handsome but the entire piece is beautiful. It is, after all, a fantastic piece of stained glass. It advocates spiritual militancy rather than the cringey LE GENOCIDE FOR JEEEEZUS XD mentality that shits on Christian tradition and heritage.

There is a few exceptional art pieces tho

Last one

fuck off with your semitic desert nonsense you kike worshipping weakness loving slave

>weakness
lmao underage bait. I swear all this fedora posting is the result of /leftypol/ reading communism for dummies and trying to subvert the board.

German version

This is a seriously embarrassing style. It takes Western classic as pure ornament without meaning, mashing it up with cultural detritus of capitalism like videogames and advertising. Grow up kids and stop obsessing over finding the perfect Xwave instagram-ready """a e s t h e t i c""" and just educate yourselves. Go to a museum. No more jacking off to cringey desktop wallpapers inspired by videogames.

Are there any notable works of art in this style that you can point to that aren't just a jpg of a Roman sculpture with photoshopped neon pink swastika and VHS artifacts?

More like fagwave

Shoo shoo (((niggers)))

Rate my OC