Canada border agent detentions of Mexicans surge to highest levels in decade

archive.is/rWbNL
>archive.is/rWbNL
archive.is/rWbNL

>TORONTO -- Detentions of Mexican nationals by Canadian border agents have surged dramatically this year to levels not seen in a decade, new figures obtained by The Canadian Press show.

>Experts point to two main factors as the most likely cause of the upswing in Mexicans running afoul of border agents in Canada.

>Last December, the Liberal government under Prime Minister Justin Trudeau lifted a visa requirement for Mexicans coming to this country, making it easier to do so. The result was an immediate jump in detentions.

> In response to what they characterized as phoney refugee claims, the former government under then-Conservative prime minister Stephen Harper imposed an onerous visa requirement in 2009 that meant all would-be Mexican visitors had to provide numerous supporting documents.

>"We are spending an enormous amount of money on bogus refugee claims," Harper said at the time. "This is a problem with Canadian refugee law, which encourages bogus claims."
Harper's visa decision resulted in an immediate plunge in detentions and asylum claims that lasted until 2015, with a slight uptick happening last year.

>However, the requirement angered the Mexican government and civil-rights groups in Canada among others, ultimately leading to Trudeau's reversal of that decision late last year.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

haha

Theyre poor children Canada running from mean drumph. Dont be so racist.

Listen up guy.
I know you think this is funny but its not funny buddy. First it was the Haitians and now the god damn Mexicans?! Fuck off already guy stop throwing your garbage in our yard. Guy.

Canada is a boring ass shithole

that's not stopping all of your cousins from coming

>t. posted from an actual 3rd world tier shithole

The only ones going to canada are ugly beaners shitskins that are going to be deported, Canada is so shit that not even spics go there

you are mexican!

stop reminding us

I wish all the goddamn refugees would believe that.

>Mexicans
>not all ugly beaners

Your head of household asked for our trash.

USA is a shitskin country
Canada is an ugly boring shithole

tell your friends

i swear to god he intentionally goes for the Disney prince look

Angered the Mexican government, are they going to thrrow tacos.

>civil rights groups
They aren't Canadians

One thing I like about Trudeau is that despite being pro-immigration he seems to get pretty butthurt about illegal immigration

NAU(North American Union) is the endgame. It's one of many global "unions" planned.

[KB Thread Archives: archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/ ]

Canada will fall, US will implode & Mexico will be like Syria. South America will flood North America.

hey my dude. glad to see you're keepin well.

2bh we'd probably already have it by now if Hillary had won