Why Islam ban pork ?

Is there an historical, rational or economical reason to explain why pork is banned in both Judaism and Islam ?

Is it because the pig farm owner wasn't friend with muhamed/a rabbi ?

Because cannibalism goes against their teachings.

Maybe pig pussy isn't as tight as sheep so they just got butthurt and banned it in all forms.

>historical
Yeah, other people around did so Abe/Moshe needed a way to differentiate their people, dietary restrictions and ritual mutilation were just the ticket.

It's because it's a dirty animal that eats it's own shit while also being a cannibal without having the ability to sweat (it's fat is stored in its thighs).

Does that answer your question?

Also, for the Christfags in this thread, try following Jesus who never ate pork instead of the false prophet Paul who apparently had some vision where all things were safe to eat which negates the entire old testament and some of the new testament teachings.

/thread

>pooortugal

How's that cultural enrichment going on with you and Spain? Enjoy being reconquested by Jews and/or Muslims by 2100

I've been on several farms over several years, often performing work on them.
I've never once seen a pig eat shit.
Not once.
Then again, these livestock were fed on the regular and butchered in a clean fashion.

The honest answer would be that raw pork tends to carry a lot of parasites and bacteria in their meat that can either be very detrimental or outright lethal if not properly cooked. The same could be said for most farm animals though, but certain stigmas seems to last a life time.

Pigs don't eat shit, but they sure eat human.

>historical, rational reason

eating meat from poor quality pig farming in the bronze age was an easy way to catch trichinosis, and the resulting roundworms found in your corpse and that of the pigs was evidence of your heresy.

Both religions are full of bronze age survival rules which are no longer relevant in today's age.

Have you not read the Koran?
You'd have to be really fucking stupid to believe that claptrap.
Muslims are therefore really fucking stupid.
That's why they don't eat pork.
They're stupid.

In the semi tic region where all the Abrahamic religions developed pork would go bad very quickly due to lack of refrigeration and that the meat was more naturally prone to contamination from worms and bacteria.

With modern science, it's pretty clear that pork isn't all that bad for you, but it still has a higher probability of getting you sick than beef or chicken does assuming they're equally as old.

Pigs also eat anything, even carrion and feaces, but in a controlled environment they don't tend to do that.

Even with the fat trimmed pork tends to have a higher colesterol and saturated fat content than beef which negates the point of eating it for anything except based bacon.

Pigs are observed as being scavengers and detrivores as well, common sense would dictate to not eat an animal which just ate a dead bird and then ate a pile of dog shit next to it.

Pork prohibition is A-OK by me, the only time I've ever gotten food poisoning here in beanerland is if the dish contained pork with it, that's about it.

>Beanerland
There is your problem. I have never gotten food poisoning from meat in my life.

Gold

fpbp

Yeah, that's bull. Everybody else in the area and the world ate pigs. Again, its just a way to separate themselves from their neighbors. "Were not like those people, we have this and that dietary restriction".

lol, you're the stain on america's asshole. can't talk bud

the illness of trichi attacked randomly
so if you take a big variable you have more chances living than your enemy

Because domesticated pigs raised for food spend their day wallowing in garbage and shit. Also, trichinosis.

aw I was gonna say that

bullcrap."don't eat pork" when it could have been easily "cook your pork well".
the reason is the same as the jews: nomadism.

Very enlightening, thank you

Because the Old Testament and the Quran deemed it "unclean," which it is. Uncooked pork contains worms, you know, so people most likely got sick in the old days, so the elders forbade eating it. Pretty smart. Now we have things like microscopes and science to show us why we are puking our guts out.