Why do americans think their dub is good?

Why do americans think their dub is good?
Everytime I see an anime that has english dub I cringe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-XUxCAn4I5w
youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs
pro-fit.co.jp/voice/v23_kayama.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=xRcxz1MSPd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WHAT A BUNCH OF JOKAHS

>watching dubs

Space Dandy

>hurr durr muh elegant Moonspeak
Fuck you. Japanese dubs are accentless, over-the-top and repeat the same fucking expressions over and over again. The cringe goes through the fucking roof every time I hear a "teme...", which is also every time subtitled "you...", because the subbers are fucking weebs that hold Japanese as some sort of superior, untouchable language of gods that must be translated literally even when that doesn't account for the "subtleties" that they masturbate with at anime forums.
Like you, OP

>Everytime I see an anime that has english dub
>anime that has english dub
>anime
That's the problem, any decent actor will prefer to work on film/TV or theater over chinese cartoon.
And that's why you only get many failure B-rate actors to do the voice on dubbed anime.

Still better than those out of place american voices, sometimes even emotionless

>out of place american voices
If you want to listen Japanese out of their mouths watch it in Japanese

The only dub version i can forgive are old hentais.
Shit is funny as hell.

WATER! THE SOURCE OF ALL LIFE!

>So what is the worst dub?

I hate dub but i thought steins gate had a good dub.

What about hellsing or baccano?

Problem with dub in anything is that you will never get ALL the voices to do a perfect job of what was orginally intended.
That doesnt mean all dub is bad, just some have really shit vas and some are pretty good.

Americans are simply unable to get on this level

youtube.com/watch?v=-XUxCAn4I5w

Jesus fuck those generic voices.
I'm going to fucking puke

88 YEARS OLD

>Japanese dubs are accentless,

This is objectively the only con of Japanese dubs and most of the time is not relevant. American voice actor are not good in general at least the ones that dub animu.

Classis dumb american who thinks he's better than everyone

Best girl

BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE

And yet he put up a legit argument unlike you. Who's really dumb here?

What if you

stay with me

watch and judge things on individual merit instead of blanket statements?

Ghost Stories, Funniest dub to date

Japs do have accents

Why do Sup Forums think anime adaptions are anything but garbage?

Just read the manga.

Cont
youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs

When will the dub VAs learn to pronounce the Japanese names correctly?

Not enough to do foreigner characters justice.

Any country besides US pronounces it correctly.

The girl with the hat sounds stupid

Japanese people are mentally and socially oppressed. So it's not shocking that they tend to bring all of their emotions out when voice acting.
But a lot of people don't like hearing squeaky voices and exaggerated yelling. The dubs for Cowboy Bebop, FMA B, Death Note(etc) will always be my preference. I only watch subtitles when the dub is unbearable or if the series isn't being dubbed.

I'm just saying the 'murican dub is just as shitty as the original

Is that why western society all pronounce anime like "any-may" still? Stop trying to save face. Plenty of reviewers from various countries on YouTube are shit when pronouncing Japanese words.

>Weeb makes anti-american thread

And here I thought Papa Franku destroyed these abominations. Looks like they've only moved to Sup Forums.

What the fuck are you doing on a site called 4 CHAN in the first place?

>If you don't recognize MY below mediocre dubs as decent you're a weeb!

Keep crying americuck.

>franku
>shit meme
Defensive much?

But americans push too hard the intonation
Everytime I heard an american talking and say a foreign it's like I'm hearing the audible version of bold font
This doesn't happen in other languages

This

*foreign word

>Ah-nih-may
>It must be pronounced this way or else you're a pleb
>Even though the word is derived from the English word animation, so pronouncing it "aa-nih-may" should be just fine since it's actually dependent on your accent

Anglo people can't speak foreign word for shit.

Actually it comes from french, dessin animé
America isn't the center of the world

Just like the elevens can't speak English for shit.

Say that again when 'murican VA can do more than one voice like rookie jap VA.
pro-fit.co.jp/voice/v23_kayama.mp3

>legit argument
Same fagging and/or cherry picking at its best

>accentless
Most action takes place close to big cities. If you haven't heard a bunch of characters speaking Kansai, Osakan, etc., accents then you are too new to anime. But, at any rate, even American cartoons have accentless voice acting except for very specific characters.

>over-the-top
This depends on the type of show, the character's personality and the scene. Shounen shows will obviously have over the top acting when characters confront each other. Would you say that crappy coach in Haikyuu is voiced in an over-the-top manner?

>repeat the same fucking expressions over and over again
That's called the script. It's not like the voice actor decides what to say, you fucking retard.

America isn't the only place where English is spoken.

youtube.com/watch?v=xRcxz1MSPd0

The script is part of the dub you retard
Also,
>watching sports anime

OK so in american movies the acting is shit because the japanese have shit acting.
Comeback with a better argument next time.

I didn't knew Urusei Yatsura was dubbed

It's because of shit like "ph" in elephant. The language is riddled with stupid crap like that. That's a fucking F sound. At least that can be blamed on the brits.