What do you miss from your days as a newfag watching anime?

What do you miss from your days as a newfag watching anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon's_law
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My naive perspective and eager enthusiasm

The spectacle and wonder that each new season held.

Having fun

I kinda miss watching anime while being excited like a dumb kid, now a days it felt like a chore I still manage to watch a few shows probably 2 or 3 per season.

fun

Being able to watch even the most generic shit and feeling like it's new and cool because I hadn't seen it rehashed a hundred times.

I really miss being able to get off to fully clothed anime girls. Unfortunately that only lasted half a year until I started getting into lewder shows and then sadpanda.

Also miss loving almost every OP/ED I listened to. Now I can rarely find any that I want to listen to on repeat forever.

I miss having standards. I never used to waste 4 1/2 hours of my time watching a show only because it was airing.

Not wanting to kill myself

Being a 6 year old without a care in the world.

fapping to loli without feeling old

Enjoying dubs.

My taste. I'm getting kind of picky in what I watch now. Some stuff I wanted to watch doesn't interest me anymore

Coming home from school in the afternoon and watching Pokemon before doing my homework

Being able to talk about anime with people without everyone instantly thinking I'm even more weird than I come off as

Enjoying anime.

Finishing every show I started

No Keit-ai spam.

Getting hyped for whatever show I watch, even if it was a shitty harem
Also crying bitch tears and getting depressed after watching some drama/romance

Interesting, it's the opposite for me. I would force myself to finish everything even though I didn't like it that much, and I watched a lot more haremshit.

I regained some of my enjoyment by not always opening every thread on/a/ about everything I watch. I'm in the dark about most shitposting.

My virginty
just kidding

Having good relationships with my family. Having friends and active social life. Having a scheduled bed time and plans for the next day. Being straight. Being young and enthusiastic. Inspired and uninhibited with creativity. Having big dreams and never feeling suicidal.

The melancholy and regret in this thread is almost palpable

Everything was fresh and exciting, but now im cynical about anime and just group it into generic categories with predictable out comes

Same, kinda
I watch a lot more shows now than I used to, but I don't force myself to finish a show no mater how many episodes I already completed

I wish i could relive my whole life.

Having loads of generally well received animes to watch. Now, I'm just scraping the bottom of the barrel and hoping the current season isn't shit, hich it fucking is by the way

I just despise the classic 12 episode format with no story conclusion. Makes me appreciate Monogatari more than ever.

shitposting "What do you miss from your days as a newfag watching anime?"

I'm finally getting to the point where I'm not too anal retentive to ever drop anything. Must be because I've finally seen enough series to be able to find at least a couple threads to lurk at any given time.

That and I hated feeling like a newfag with

nothing, low res blurry as fuck compressed encodes hard subs not understand any anime jap

like anime now more than ever

Recording the openings with a microphone on my phone.

And then I discovered that those are actually real songs.

Having anything good left. When i first started i got people to tell me the best anime's there are, and now I have nothing interesting anymore.

what did you think they were?

No-name songs by no-name artists like western cartoons.

My smile.

>Being straight.
>implying you weren't always a sin

finding japanese humor to be actually funny

TL notes explaining japanese culture and puns.

And varied sub groups

Having time to watch every anime of the season.

Enjoying watching anime

Reading Yotsuba for the first time.

Fucking this. I thought my tastes would grow along with my age. Seems like it doesn't work that way.

Watching everything I see and enjoying everything I watch. Took me years before I dropped a title and now I'm dropping titles left and right.

nor being incredibly cynical about everything I fucking watch. I wish I I could turn my brain off and just enjoy some shlocky shows.

Also, having fun on Sup Forums

still a newfag

>nor
Meant not, it's been a long day

Eureka Seven not having a sequel.
It was my gateway anime, along with Code Geass. I used to watch it every year or two until AO happened.

Being able to just marathon anything whenever I wanted too. Now it takes me a while even to finish a series I like.

Shock value.

singing karaoke
Now that I can pronounce nip, Im too embarrassed to do it.

Probably the feeling that there was so much to discover. Nowadays, I feel like I've seen most series worth watching and everything feels bland minus a few shows.

This, back in the day I used to get emotional at certain character deaths, now most of the time I realize they're just cheap plot devices to add drama to the show

Watching anime with my family.

Being able to look back and find amazing classics I hadn't seen yet whenever I was bored or out of fresh stuff to watch. I remember when I thought a backlog might as well be infinite and that there was an inexhaustible foundation of awesome shows I'd never run out of.

Especially having lots of sci-fi and cyberpunk stuff to go back and watch. That fad is long dead and Japan generates little to no noteworthy scifi anymore. I wish I could go back to the point when the well wasn't already dry and enjoy all of those for the first time again.

A shit but not so shit Sup Forums. All we get these days is shit on shit.

Haha fuck.
I think the only reason I'm okay with loli's right now is cus I'm 'young' and short. I want to change, but at the same time I don't.

When do you think you'll grow out of anime Sup Forums? I've been watching for so long now that it would feel weird not to, but it's becoming harder to get excited about new series.

The ability to watch all the episodes of ecchi shovelware without dropping it

B-but I don't want to

I've been watching less and have been pickier but I doubt that I'd ever grow out of it.

I don't think it'll ever happen, but my backlog gets thinner and thinner every year as more gets watched off of it and fewer worthwhile things are added to it. Watching 20 shows every season just makes it painfully obvious how many of them recycle the same characters, format, plotline and action to the point where the repetition is nauseating. It feels like my tolerance to this banal recycling gets worse every season and it's already to the point where I have to skip forward while watching an episode because a character busts out a monologue about protecting the things that are precious to them and fighting even though it's tough and says the exact same things, verbatim, as the dozen or so other similar shows that have aired this year. I just can't listen to it anymore. The fact that there's so little variation, so little creativity in so much of the seasonal time-filling garbage is frustrating. It feels like the only thing that changes from one show to the next is the colour of the character's hair and their names and it boggles my mind how it's even possible to be this goddamn derivative. Every season my backlog has fewer and fewer pallet cleansers to push me through the seasonal trash and remind me why I love this medium.

I miss watching anime with my friends.

Probably never. The issue is the time investment. Even if an episode is approx. 25 minutes or less, depending on where you're going in life, you have less free time and more responsibilities. Fewer series but the enjoyment is still there.

>days as a newfag
>Monogatari

school kid get out

>yfw Bake aired 7 years ago

I miss thinking anime was an insight into this wonderful, fantastic country called Japan that I'd someday visit.

Finding out the Japanese high school experience doesn't exist as it does in 2d was soul crushing

heh

Not knowing most anime is for pedophiles and that the shows I thought we're great were less then 10% of what anime actually is.

Not having 15+ torrents going, with a decent backlog.

Being able to somehow magically binge watch 50 episodes in less time then should be theoretically possible, when it takes me 3-4 days to get through a 26 ep anime now.

Having HDD space.

>Being able to somehow magically binge watch 50 episodes in less time then should be theoretically possible, when it takes me 3-4 days to get through a 26 ep anime now.

I blame the Naruto fillers for destroying my resolve to do this more

How to know if you're not a newfag?

>I thought we're great were less then 10% of what anime actually is.

Is this bad?

Great things don't come in packages.

If nothing else, the fandom was much less shit back when I started watching anime/reading manga. I feel like things have gone down hill at a very fast pace recently.

Lurk moar.

>Finding out the Japanese high school experience doesn't exist as it does in 2d was soul crushing
What specifically?

My ability to get engrossed and immersed in any anime I watched.

That and the feeling I felt when I picked up a new series back then. It felt like I discovered a whole new world filled with all sorts of fun, now I've become a jaded angry man.

How to know if that I'm not lurking in a place full of newfags?

being a useless NEET able to marathon a series every day.

If you're not in a general.

How can I trust that you're not a newfag? Show me your oldfag certificate please.

But user you can always become NEET again so you can stay up all night working on your backlog!

ひどい

My life

The ability to sit through a 2 cour show in a single day.

Not wanting to kill myself.

I miss not having any standards at all and being able to shovel in any garbage I could find.

Example: Tokimeki Memorial

I remember watching Fortune Arterial and Ninomiya-kun without flinching back then.

i'm somewhat reversed. Use to like mature ladies when I was younger. I'm starting to like more lolis as i get older.

>Not knowing most anime is for pedophiles and that the shows I thought we're great were less then 10% of what anime actually is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon's_law

Congrats on figuring that out Sherlock

>My naive perspective and eager enthusiasm
this

My hair.

Enjoying edgy shit, the me 12 years ago would've love stuff like re zero, but nowadays I just can't stomach it.

I miss being able to get a boner over normal human women

DON'T FUCKING REMIND ME