Moderate Muslim AMA

hey /pol I'm a reformist muslim, 18 years old and living in Canada. I did an AMA a couple months ago during the Trump election which was kinda fun. If you guys have any questions I'd love to hear them so we can hopefully change each others views.

I enjoy listening to Jordan Petersons lectures and think that thinks should be approached rationally instead of from an ideological point of view.

Lmao for all the people who going to say "TAQIYYA!!!", feel free to believe what you want, but just screaming taqiyya doesn't help with any kind of civil discussion.

So please AMA, I'll hopefully answer to the best of my ability. I'm certainly no islamic scholar, but I can atleast provide my current perspective on things.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z1Ua7NnMU6c
youtube.com/user/Acts17Apologetics/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would you follow such a cuck using religion to amass power?
Struggling with purpose to live, OP?

Well I'm an immigrant(legal dw) so I was born into my religion. I think that world is very complex place and it can be overwhelming for people to understand without a framework to look at through. I think religion serves that purpose so while I have no problem questioning islam, I try to do it one step at a time so that I don't wake up one day feeling lost and nihilistic about the world. Hopefully that answers your question.

*Just before someone asks I 100% denounce the heinous acts committed by people calling themselves muslims all over the globe. Islamic terrorism IS a problem and it NEEDS to be dealt with.

Why are you ok with the fact that your prophet was a warlord (took up arms instead of preaching non-violence like Gandhi), playboy (several wives) and pedophile (fucked Aisha at age 9 while being in his fifties himself)?

Alri stay in leafland and Dont come to my state

Please leave the religion and convince others to leave too.

Or convert to Christianity.
We need more Christians in the world. You guys are 2 billions and it's not fair to anyone

Would you agree that banning Sharia Law in the US would be a positive step?

I think there are a lot of really brilliant people who can criticize Islam throughly, and they should. But I don't think that there are many scholars or muslims on the global stage who serve to provide an intellectual defense.

I know that the common defense for his marriage to Aisha is the cultural atmosphere of the time. While I don't think that's a weak argument, I still don't believe that's strong enough to satisfy everyone's feelings about the criticism. I know that Imam Tawhidi ("The Imam of Peace") says that there is literature that supports the argument that Aisha was 16 at the time of marriage since ages weren't tracked particularly well then, but I haven't verified this myself.

As for the several wives thing. He married many widows and divorcee's because of the culture to look down upon women who were "used up". This served to move the culture to be accepting of remarried women.

I'm not too familiar about the warlord argument so I won't comment because of my lack of knowledge on the topic. I am only 18, I have to go to school lmao not just study religion all day

when's your beheading scheduled for?
and what are your opinions on pic related
(cont. next toast)

Absolutely. Most of sharia law comes from the hadiths whose validity can't be verified. More so the Koran is the only word of God in islam not the hadiths which were made long after Prophet Mohammad's death

I can understand where you are coming from. It's why I am not totally against religion as most people are better off with it to guide them in a civilized way when faith in government is so low. It's a shame you picked Islam because Mohammad was such a cuck but at least there's some empowering elements to it. I was born into a christian family but I just can't accept such a baseless framework and am nihilistic. Shame about terrorism though but that's what happens when you give the microphone to idiots. Thanks, OP.

There's no such a thing as "moderate" muslim.

>/pol
just fucking sage

Italian pussies are for middle eastern muslim dicks

Why do you follow a pedophile slaver OP?

It's for italians, meanwhile your ladies belong to Tyrone, spread your ass cheeks faggot.

Muslim man with his italian wife

It is impossible to have a civil discussion with a muzzie precisely because they spread taqqiya. Admitting to it before hand does not make you any more reasonable. Go back to Pakistan, you Satan worshipping barbarian.

what do you feel about your pedophile prophet

That's a terrone dumbfuck.

This.

>muslim
Fuck off.

>oh look someone with identity crisis has removed their common sense and is dilating it with arab quackery

Outstanding, something we can agree on. We just need more Muslims in the West to speak up, and say that they have no qualms about this being banned.

Welp, looks like OP wasn't prepared...

He is North African muslim, here he is with his italian wife and race mixed children

>HAI GUYZ! I'M A MUZLEEM! AMA!

Quran or gtfo

These are some really interesting points that I haven't seen before. I'll certainly keep them in mind. Unfortunately I'm not as knowledeable as OP in the pic so I can't comment off the top of my head with a rebuttal.

However I will say that I think the hadiths need to be looked over/ removed. The quran is supposed to be the only holy scripture yet many muslims give the hadiths the same amount of value. I think this is wrong because their validity can't be verified and they are also the source for much of the more violent "teachings" in islam.

Do Italians really hate Sicilians or is this just a meme?

>16..
>i am only 18 i have to go to school not just study religion all day
how can you defend islam or call yourself muslim when you have no clue whats all about

Won't help. The haditha are integral to pisslam, even if a few muzzies spread taqqiya that they don't *fully* trust them. Meanwhile that says nothing of the koran literally telling muzzies to commit terrorism.

You're trying to compromise with the uncompromising. What's the middle ground between life and murder?

Thank you for at least listening. I get why people are so angry with muslims these days and I think it's a shame. Hopefully people can at least see me as an individual instead of just grouping me in with a collective.

Sicilian, southern, and northern italian pussies are for black and middle eastern muslim men. Pic related Somali with his italian GF on the left

Stay moderate. Be a Canadian who just happens to be Muslim.

Get the fuck out of the West. Jesus fucking Christ, you people are nothing but dead weight.

No I'm not Mexican.

You should really go back. Moderates won't be spared.

What are the practical differences in doctrine between Sunni and Shia?

Why do muslims immigrate to Christian countries? You don't see a lot of Christians immigrating to Muslim countries.

How much money would i win if i bet you live in Brampton or Mississauga.

lmao good meme, but just in case anyones wondering I really do find muslims like this to be disgusting brainwashed fucks who can barely manage to think for themselves and use religion as a means to attain their selfish desires. Granted islam isn't the only religion with that problem. Every group has it's crazies, too bad we just have way too many in Islam right now

>I'm a reformist muslim

No such thing. Mohammed was very explicit when describing the punishment for anybody who attempted to subvert the immutable word of Allah.

You are simply no longer a Muslim if you discard any of their core beliefs.

If you do not disavow the genocidal, slave-keeping, child-raping warlord named Mohammed, then you are just as bad as every other muzzie retard.

Mohammed himself would have been proud of ISIS, because they act exactly like he did, and play the game exactly like he did. Those are true muslims. If you won't disavow ISIS AND Mohammed, then you have no principals and can be ignored.

Maybe you should just give up your stupid ass beliefs which were invented by a violent, hallucinating desert bandit. Choose another way to live that isn't so absurd and despicable.

What's the easiest way to tell the normie muslims from the ones that are most likely to allah my ackbar?

Thank you. I'm certainly trying to get other muslims to speak up, theres certainly a lot more muslims that denounce violence than /pol thinks. But just like everyone else, they're focused on getting by in their own lives not solving global cultural/religous problems

You're right, but that's part of the reason why I do this. If my ideas can't survive when clashed against other ideas, then I need to find a better ideology

>I won't comment because of my lack of knowledge on the topic. I am only 18, I have to go to school lmao not just study religion all day

You don't even know anything about the religion you claim to belong to. You are criticizing people who grew up studying Islam, and act in that particular way because it is in accordance with their beliefs -- beliefs which they nourished through religious study. Something you haven't even done.

You claim to be a Muslim but don't know anything about Mohammed, or even specific details about the religion which he founded.

You aren't a 'reformist'. You be a reformist you need knowledge. What you are is a retarded teenager who parrots his parents belief system, while desperately trying to fit in with the trendy progressive crowd. You are "Muslim-lite" - the westernized brand of non-muslim that was invented to shield actual muslims from criticism for their shit behavior. They can go - oh look this guy is cool! He's a muslim but not psychotic!

You are a tool.

shit like this disgusts me to my core. You won't see a tear coming out of my eyes if these people get the karma they deserve. I mean that

Thank you. lmao I'm certainly trying to be

SJW's are fucking crazy. The middle east certainly has it's problems, but i think the west needs to get this progressive cancer under control. Not with violence or anything, but by stopping censorship and not forcing leftism on every citizen

because muslim countries are corrupt shitholes, lmao it's kind of common knowledge

you fucker
you've ruined a perfecty good strip of bacon you disgusting freak

Do you have any special knowledge about the Mu'tazila and Ashari positions? I want to learn more about them and Wikipedia probably doesn't go into enough detail. Or anything regarding the Umayyads and how the Abbasid Revolution changed the general tone of Islam.

Are you going to respond to actual criticism, you little faggot? Probably not. Fear of confrontation is one of the few actually-muslim qualities you have nourished.

When in doubt scream 'context!' then back it up with 'Islamophobe!'.

ISIS would slit your throat in a heartbeat, because you are also a Kaffir. You are just pretending to be muslim for gibs from your parents, and props from retarded leftists.

oooh close, but I have family there.

IF thats true, which hopefully I can verify as I study islam more. Then ig im not a muslim, and neither are the rest of the brown kids ik

Get cancer and die in pain.

>While I don't think that's a weak argument,
Yes it is. It was never acceptable to marry prepubescent girls. The Koran/Hadiths make it clear that Aisha did not reach puberty at the time of her betrothal

>IF thats true, which hopefully I can verify as I study islam more.

You can go look it up right now you wimpy shitstain. Why haven't you read your own holy book which you profess to follow? Why the fuck do you call yourself a muslim at all if you don't even know the tiniest details about your supposed religion? Stop being such a flaky moron. Take 15 minutes of your valuable free time and educate yourself. Read how Mohammed himself distributed sex slaves to his men for them to rape at their leisure. You think that shits cool? Read more, about how many sex slaves he took for himself, how many poets and artists he killed because they pissed him off, how many innocent people he put to the blade because they annoyed him.

Stupid little fuck, why do you come here and start shit without having even a small amount of knowledge to back it up? Arrogance and lack of accountability are some other properties you inherited from being raised """muslim""", but somewhere along the way your parents or mentors failed you, because you ARENT FUCKING EDUCATED IN ISLAM AT ALL. Dipshit.

it doesn't take that much to leave islam bruh
i leave it at 18

Jesus man how fast do you think I can answer lmao. Really at the end of the day, if my core values don't line up with islam then I guess I'm not muslim, but it'd be kind of stupid to just drop everything without making sure that I fully understand these what people criticise Islam for.

For a lot of the arguments I've seen so far I don't have an answer. I simply just don't know. I'm just trying to get an idea of the opposing views.

Just for the record I don't like retarded leftists, I'm mostly conservative

This.

it's not so much about leaving Islam, more about what to replace it with. I think that religion provides a lot of good values for people that are necessary for society. At the end of the day I still believe in God, but I simply don't know what God to believe in. Christianity certainly has it's holes, judiasm is almost impossible to convert to unless you're an ethnic jew, which doesn't leave that many more religions left.

Idk I'm still formulating my thoughts on this.

youtube.com/watch?v=z1Ua7NnMU6c

islam is dangerous and degenerate
muhamed was behaving like a sex addicted teen , he gave himself the freedom to have as many wifes as he could
raped, killed, pillaged etc
i find it funny how muslims will try to defend all this
despite everything said is a fact

also watch david wood
youtube.com/user/Acts17Apologetics/videos

Thank you for the links. I'll try and look into this when I have time.

Get out of Canada green leaf.

The difference is that Christianity has a central figure who is the ideal of what a man should be. Christ emulated peace, kindness, and love for his fellow man -- i.e. the chief ideals necessary for a successful society

Muhammad on the other hand raped and pillaged. He was a pedophile. He had sex slaves. He forced non-believers to pay him, or else they got fucking killed. Do you really believe his ideals would result in a great society?

Deal with it. We know the ideals of a religion by it's fruits. There's a reason why you are in Canada, and I'm not in Saudi Arabia

sure famalam, despite hating islam, im ok wtih most muslims, dont let anyone tell you what to believe in, try to read as much as possible and try to think with ur own head, you're stil young , good luck

Would you join something like MB? I think that kind of soft-islamist faction was lining up with the Republicans before 9-11.

A muslimbro at my college told me he was "basically Brotherhood," I was very surprised, doesn't act like a durka at all.

I don't think MB/Erdogan-type "political islamists" are very organized in the west though, kind of co-opted by the left