Do manga authors tacitly accept otakus/anime-fans as saps that will purchase and defend anything they put out?

Do manga authors tacitly accept otakus/anime-fans as saps that will purchase and defend anything they put out?

Why do manga/anime series have a habit of never concluding or having hundreds of episodes/volumes of filler when this doesn't happen in the west? I feel like it's easier for me to name series which have not be concluded than I can series which have been concluded.

Is it because manga/anime are viewed by both their creators and fans as a commoditized piece of entertainment for mass consumption? There is absolutely no other motivation than profiteering for a story to run into the hundreds of chapters or episodes.

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/manga.php?type=1&status=2&o=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

berserk is a pretty cool guy

>saps that will purchase and defend anything they put out
You are delusional.

>Why do manga/anime series have a habit of never concluding or having hundreds of episodes/volumes of filler when this doesn't happen in the west?
You are uninformed.

>I feel like it's easier for me to name series which have not be concluded than I can series which have been concluded.
When a newfag like you only consumes mainstream stuff, of course he'll know only titles that were popular enough to warrant continuation. Series become longer because they keep selling like crazy.
So stop being a newfag.

Its because its fucking hard to live as a mangaka. When you strike big its hard to let go and be financially insecure again.

Rarely does anyone be popular enough to support themselves even without publishing popular manga.

So then why can't they just work a dayjob and have their series as their passion project on the side so it can be concluded in an artistically honest way?

Countless indie game devs do this.

You made claims withouy supporting or rebuffing them and you finished with an ad-hominem.

Great job :^)

>so it can be concluded in an artistically honest way?
>Artistically honest way
HAHAHAHAHAH

>Countless indie game devs do this.
In fact 99% of the times their games are derivative, soulless garbage.

Fuck off and lurk at least 2 more years before posting this retarded shit.

wew lad

>phonefag
>newfag
>emoticons
I don't want to discuss this with you.
I want you to get the fuck out of Sup Forums.

>"You're so dumb, I won't even prove that I'm right!"
>"Fucking newfag!"

You sure told me.

Is it common practice on Sup Forums for people to call other posters stupid without any support for their claims or any meaningful discussion?

>not rebuffing his own claim
Who would have thought?

This post just makes it sound like you're really frustrated that Berserk has been treading water (heyoo) for so long and that you're upset that there is no way for you to punish the author for taking his sweet time

So instead you denigrate those who continue to read it, the work itself, the medium it exists in, and the economic situations that gave rise to it and other works like it

Maybe you should chill out and go read any of the multitudes of works that are finished already? I guarantee you there are more of those than unfinished ones. Although probably not many with art as nice as Berserk's.

Only when talking to people who are as new as you.
Meaningful discussion can only be had between people who understand the subject matter.

You're saying this series honestly needs 25 years to be completed? The movies and anime cover the exact same slice of the manga with little addition, how isn't this blatant milking?

You posted an argument based solely on your rather biased view on the topic, a topic it's very evident you don't know anything about, you don't even deserve to be humiliated further.

Quod gratis asseritus, gratis negatur.

And now fuck off, report and sage this garbage thread.

Wherever there is a reliable way to make money, there's people to take advantage of it.
As a mangaka, starting a new project comes with a lot of uncertainty which is bad if it's your livelihood and to make it worse you have to be part salesman and part artist.
Also, something something pirating.

>Do manga authors tacitly accept otakus/anime-fans as saps that will purchase and defend anything they put out?
More like the editors and anime studios. Most mangaka get paid peanuts no matter what they do.

>when this doesn't happen in the west
What is basically every popular TV series? If it's popular, why not milk it for all it's worth? If anything, this only ever happens for JUMP and other weekly shounen.

These are some pretty lousy arguments.

>coming from the guy who pirates his shit

>Getting this mad over this

Calm down lol, my "burden of proof" was the Berserk manga I had in my OP. It's a series that has not been concluded for 25 years and the point of my thread was simply "Why does this happen? Is it because of A, B, or C?", I actually asserted nothing.

Also it's spelled "Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur" despite it not being a valid case.

Also go outside sometime.

Yeah because Spiderman, Batman, Supermen etc haven't been around for 50+ years just for pure art. Doesn't happen in the west? Are you on fucking crack? No, don't even answer, because you are.

I assume because they genuinely enjoy writing/drawing manga, but they also want to make a living.

Miura plays Idolm@aster, so he's really not going to be judging anyone.

Maybe? I'm not an artist so I don't know if he's spending all those chapter-free weeks drawing big double page splashes of magic city, playing im@s, or staring at the ceiling wondering how to make Griffith's hair fluffier.

But does it really matter? Either you want to keep reading it, or you don't. Don't act like it's some sign of a greater ill with the entertainment industry. All it really boils down to is whether or not the audience are willing to put up with the creator's bullshit in their hunger for more material.

And if the fact that Hunter x Hunter is still one of the most popular "ongoing" (pfblt) comics in Jump proves that people will put up with a lot of bullshit if they love a work. And you're a lunatic if you think that only applies to anime and manga

You make it hard for me to agree with your quality points when you're this bitter and this angry on the internet.

I can see what you mean about comics in the west being similar in abject serialization, but many of those have arcs which do conclude in under 5 years. Their stories do conclude, but it's true they're rebooted infinitely.

There are simply dozens of manga series which never go completed and remain under a single canon. This actually is somewhat unique to manga.

Even western television shows conclude between 5-10 years of syndication, Berserk has been going on for 25 years and it's hardly alone in doing this. Don't include shows with a meandering plot canon like the Simpsons either, that's clearly not a show that cares heavily about continuity.

>Why does this happen?
If you can't even imagine why does that happen and have to talk about ludicrous points such as artistic honesty you have the mental capacity of a closet.

But sure, let's conveniently forget that american comics are running for roughly double the time most manga are running, let's ignore the fact that maybe, just maybe the authors would rather take their time and make good stuff rather than churning 20 pages per week with rushed drawings and mediocre art and writing just to feed themselves, let's also forget health problems, because of course, artists are immortal machines.

Oh, of course, let's also ignore the fact that mangaka only have royalties as some form of pension, and that's only if they actually manage to be truly successful and not one hit wonders.

>lol

Fuck off back to whatever shithole spawned you.

Sage

I guess it just feels shitty and disingenuous to become really invested in something you love and have that same passion be used against you as the creators string you along for decades.

Nothing you're saying is incorrect, it just FEELS SHITTY and dishonest. Maybe I should just put down manga and find something else to do

>this doesn't happen in the west
Yeah, they have something even more retarded like doing 100+ retcons, reboots, alternate continuities every few months by jerking over the same characters for the past decades so that they can re-do the same few conflicts over and over again.

Nevertheless, those reboots do conclude within a 5-10 year span. Berserk has been on the same thread for 25 years.

>Berserk has been on the same thread for 25 years.

And?

This seems less and less about manga or anime spanning a long time frame and more and more about Berserk specifically.

>find something else to do
Yeah, like reading comic books made in the west where every few months a new writer will come on board and say fuck you to the setting established by previous writers.

>yes, they finally did it! they defeated/kill Joker/Galactus/Thanos etc
>a couple of months: oh no! Joker/Galactus/Thanos etc are back because some magic brought the character back to life!
>also, it's time to reset whatever character development from previous arc.

>This actually is somewhat unique to manga.
No it isn't.
You want to play the generalising game? I can do it too. Stop being so ignorant and go read more manga. There's a shit ton of good manga that's actually ended.

Fuck off, you deserve the mocking you get since all you have to go with is Berserk and probably some other Jump manga.

Just imagine when it will be over. Maybe in 10 years, maybe in 15. How will it feel? I don't know, I'm so used to know it is there, unfinished. It will be weird.

what if Miura fucking dies before Berserk is completed?

>Yeah, like reading comic books made in the west where every few months a new writer will come on board and say fuck you to the setting established by previous writers.
At least those arcs have closure. I'm fine with reinvention as long as there's an ending. Isn't it a bigger slap in the face that Berserk's author has been stringing people along for 25 years?

Not if I'm not gullible enough to start reading Berserk.

YOU make it hard for people to want to engage in a rational discourse because you are being ignorant and yet arrogant enough to pretend like you know what's going on.

>There are simply dozens of manga series which never go completed and remain under a single canon.
Stop reading just Bleach etc then. And Berserk is an exception because I've no problem finding 100+ manga that did complete.

>This actually is somewhat unique to manga.
No. This is you being very ignorant of the medium. Also, by the sound of it, you're probably going off scanlations so chances are the manga you know of are very limited (and skewed) to begin with. There's a hell lot of manga that are completed but you will never know of. Manga like Berserk and HxH are actually FAR from common.

just fuckin kill yourself you dont even have to be creative you fatass american kid

>Berserk
>Berserk
>Berserk
Learn argumentation and kill yourself.

myanimelist.net/manga.php?type=1&status=2&o=3
There. Now fuggoff.

It's the OP image and what's being discussed.

>have closure
Confirmed for never having actually read the comics. Thanks for proving that not only do you know jack shit about manga, you also know jack shit about western comics.

Even when people explain to you, you still behave like a retard and pretend to know things you don't. is right. You only deserve insults.

wow
arguments on this board seem to be particularly retarded

Resurrect his ass and brand him until it's done.

>At least those arcs have closure
No, they really don't.
This thread is shit.

see >manga authors

>what's being discussed.
Next time you want to discuss one manga, don't phrase your OP in the plural form you idiot.
Next time you want to discuss Miura's schedule, don't make general statements about mangaka and their work.

If you resurrect his ass, you know he's just going to play whatever Idolm@aster he missed.

>make retarded opening post
>complain about getting retarded replies
wow go fucking kill yourself

How about you start by not acting stupid if you don't want to be treated like a retard?

>At least those arcs have closure.
Please make a thread on Sup Forums so they can laugh at you.

yes, that's right. I am OP
is this your first day on the internet? fucking retard

>Isn't it a bigger slap in the face that Berserk's author has been stringing people along for 25 years?

What's worse, 50 years of the same exact stories but looped and with an "ending" every 10 years or so or 25 years of one story which is supposed to end at some point?

Is it worse to keep paying for nonsensical rehashes of the the same story, with the same characters, with the same plotlines BUT slightly different costumes, or is it worse to have one long story that actually ends for real at some point but you have to wait for it?

I don't think people bitched and moan about Dickens taking his sweet times with Oliver Twist back in the days, yet here you are complaining like a faggot on an anonymous imageboard of episodic vietnamese tapestry.

Like, how much of a entitled, ignorant faggot can you even be?

Oh wow, another poster who likes to generalize and make stupid post just like OP? Sorry, I couldn't tell the difference since both of you are being retarded in the exact same way!

Damn, OP is BTFOing all of the autistic retards throwing around strawmen in this thread.

I'm laughing my ass off.

Learn to argue, guys.

good one, retard

Social skills on Sup Forums are biblically low.

>Someone makes an error in their reasoning without directly attacking anyone
>FUCKING IDIOT, YOU'RE SO STUPID I WON'T EVEN BOTHER

Weebs are socially underdeveloped and completely incapable of expressing tact whole reasoning with anybody. I once made a point that early 90s Japanese games used a lot of hardcoded physics to make the gameplay feel better and some (literally) autistic kid walked over to me and started addressing me like I insulted his family.

It's a shame I can't see these posters faces because then their words would be worth that much less.

>damage control intensifies

why are you getting so buttblasted over this? you can walk away from this thread at any time much like how op can drop berserk whenever he wants

>yeah, it's not my fault! it's always others! fucking autist weeb with no social skills! not like me, i'm totally better than them!

sure thing retard

>wanting to cater to retards
This is not your safe space.

Goethe worked on Faust II for some 25 years and it was only after his death that it was released.
Talk about a cliff hanger.

You guys are really predictable. Every time you get proven wrong, you all immediately shifts gear to playing the blame on others being autist. Is your ego so big that you can't even accept that you're wrong even on an anonymous image board? Nobody's falling for it, you know?

>where every few months a new writer will come on board and say fuck you to the setting established by previous writers.
In and of itself there's nothing wrong with this. Issues arise when this creation system tries to be reconciled with continuity.

And what are you supposed to be?

>How can anyone be this angry that they would viciously insult someone else on the internet?
Again, even if they're reboots, they conclude. Don't like the newest reboot of Spiderman because the current steward is not your style? Great, wait for the next reboot or find the existing (and concluded) older arca of the comics.

You can't say that for Berserk.

uh, okay

This is how it has always worked. Since the beginning of time.

Thanks friend.

—The OP

great thread guys

Thankfully my favorite manga series ever, Naruto, eventually finished. It's much better than Berserk, which is a lame ripoff of Naruto, Sakura and Sakura's relationship.

—The OP

>He called me a faggot
>HURR HE MUST BE MAD

Pity mixed to disgust is the best you'll get, I can't get mad because you have no redeeming quality or potential, you're just that low on the scale.

Here's a (You), have fun.

Araki can do this completely alone without any previous writers involved.

you sure showed him

It's like the OP is Guts and the angry people replying to him are the 100 soldiers.

I believe in you senpai!

Troll post. OP used two return characters after his signature.

Disregard that, I suck cocks.

—The OP

Why doesn't Naruto fuck Sakura? That shit's gay af.

where did all that anger dissipate to

Lol so mad from the OP's signature.

here

The anger's still here

I just fapped. Now I'm good.

OP the f/a/ggot slayer.

To what? Please share image and thought at time of release.

Was it Casca? How could you..

I'm fapping right now. Angry fapping.

TO WHAT? SHARE IMAGE AND THOUGHT PLEASE.

Not to Casca.. She has been through so much you see.

It was to this.

GRRRRRRIIIIIIIIFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIITH!!!!!!!

but if op's berserk guy
and the soldiers are faggots
and casca is menstruating
then when does she stop being retarded

>Issues arise when this creation system tries to be reconciled with continuity.
They're doing it to, mate. Capeshit continuity is a joke. Hell, fucking Bendis conveniently forgets the shit he established in his own work.

okay so now that the autists have left

i don't think op's complaints of shows or serializations dragging on for the sake of money apply for berserk

it just boils down to miura's questionable work ethic and the level of detail he puts into his work

When she gets to Elfhelm. Or a volume or two or three afterwards, depending on misc. plot roadblocks.

when is the next berserk chapter anyway? last i remember it was just something vague like summer time of this year, and it's summer now

>i don't think op's complaints of shows or serializations dragging on for the sake of money apply for berserk
You are taking away the last leg he's standing on?

That's just mean.

You're assuming Berserk is all he does. Pro artist gets commissioned for a bunch of random side projects, and it's not uncommon for them to not advertise it either.

He does six or seven chapters a year, and he's already burned through that with his last spurt.

OP here, that sounds reasonable, I probably could have been more reigned-in on my post because I'm frustrated to repeatedly see manga that goes without conclusion.

This is certainly more about whether or not Miura is exploitative.

FROMSOFTWARE should just hire Miura because they basically owe their fortune to him already.

>autists
Why? Because they called out on OP's shit? They're right, you know, even if they are being dicks about it.

>I'm frustrated to repeatedly see manga that goes without conclusion.
Your fault for not picking up manga that has already ended. Funny how OP never had a proper response about all the other manga that have ended.

>Funny how OP never had a proper response about all the other manga that have ended.
He did though.
He moved the goalposts and said that he was only talking about Berserk.

Berserk is an oddity among manga. Like with Hunter×Hunter, he's in a position where he basically doesn't have to follow the rules.

If you're thinking about pop series, the reason they don't end is because there's no value in ending a popular series. It's seen as a mark of high integrity to close up a popular series when its time comes. (refer to the reflection at the end of Bakuman regarding how they should have ended Death Note with the L Saga)

Of course Sup Forums has the same issues. Dexter would have been great with a couple seasons, but they had to run it into the ground. You get your ending with Dexter the Lumberjack, and no one wanted that. These endings where you just go on as long as you can until the series fails isn't like your Breaking Bad, Babylon 5, Avatar the Last Airbender or whatever endings. Those are rare gems. Same in popular serialized manga.