ITT: Anime that makes use of deus ex machina

ITT: Anime that makes use of deus ex machina.

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I'll start.
Please do.

I know this is just bait but Madoka had no deus ex machina since her wish was literally mentioned every fucking episode since ep 1 and is an important plot point.

>deus ex machina

>an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel.

The entirety of the anime was building up to that moment so its not in any way a deus ex machina OP

>I don't know what a deus ex machina is
THIS is a deus ex machina

Mirai Nikki.

You used to call me on your keit-ai

>deus ex machina

You guys are clueless too, thats the fucking plot premise.

>exactly 4 years ago, this would've led into a debate on whether Madoka turning into Godoka is an asspull
>present day Sup Forums only sees memes when it reads "deus ex machina"

What happened?

Good because there is no fucking debate, the whole anime was leading to that conclusion.

It's a deus ex machina because it miraculously fixes everything.

>Fixes everything
>Instead of turning into witches they poof out of existence
I'm not sure that could be considered as fixing everything.

Yep. Fixes everything. The witch problem has been fixed and the kyubeys couldn't do a damn thing about it.

I'm gonna play the devil's advocate here because this much of a hivemind mentality is bad.

Although it's true every episode hints at what will happen right from the start (>You could become the most powerful mahou shojo, Meguca!), I think OP is referring to how Madoka's wish translates into her being Godoka and falling into oblivion (>If you care about your friends and family, don't do it), but specifically, how it somehow equals to the whole universe being reset.

Miracle is not deus ex machina if it was previously established within the story and setting and made sense within the plot.

Miracles in fiction are literally deus ex machina.

Second season. Fuck that writer.

>deus ex machina
What did he mean by this?

We're still waiting for you to start.

>she wished to do something by herself
>but it was something that required her to be present everywhere and nowhere at once
How can you keep existing as a single corporeal entity when you are supposed to be everywhere at once? It makes sense for her to transform into a law. She changed the past due to her intervention and inserted her law naturally without any problem among the once already existing. Therefore, the universe adapted from the start to said rule.

>Godoka
>not a deus ex machina

>I don't know what a deus ex machina is

Anyway, here are some examples of asspulls and retcons.

ALWAYS

> I'll start.
When?

see Be more butthurt, SHAFTfags.

Sure smells like summer in here.

>summer

Summer doesn't even know what Madoka is.

Please, Madoka is super popular amongst edgy 15 year olds. It may not be nurutu level, but many kids know what it is before they come summer shitposting on Sup Forums.

Which is not to say that Madoka isn't good, but it's the truth. Madoka is entry level.

>Please, Madoka is super popular amongst edgy 15 year olds.

Nope. Try again, Gramps.

This.

Stardust Crusaders. The fact that Jotaro is suddenly able to use The World for no reason.

>no Keit-ai
Oh come on, who gave him the girl's number?

There was plenty of KeitAi. It was all deleted for spam.

Check the archive for this thread.

It fixed nothing. Madoka and Sayaka still died, Kyouko and Mami are still lonely as fuck, and Homura literally has no reason to exist.

Except the part where there's no more witches.

Retard.

When did Sup Forums get this cancerous, someone please wake me up.

And they're replaced with an equal threat. Nothing changed except little girl souls are sparred from obliteration.

really?

No one posted the LITERAL DXM?

It's not a deus ex if they spent the previous 10 episodes stating Madoka can wish for anything, explaining why Madoka can wish for anything, and having her see what witches are first hand.

It's not an equal threat if the magical girls themselves aren't transforming to monsters, you absolute, willfully ignorant retard.

Threadly reminder that Keit-ai is being deleted now and it's also a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

Setting up a deus ex machina doesn't undo it being a deus ex machina.

>fixes everything
>Rebellion ensues

Do I need to point out any more how wrong you are, or?

Except they were still worse off when they were efficiently turning heroes into villains though.

"Improves things somewhat" is vastly different from "fixes everything."

>somewhat

They were being bred like pigs, you retard.

And they were still being conscripted into child soldiers, fighting against a foe that will never truly be defeated, and doomed to die at a young age.

That is not Deus Ex Machina means

>deus ex machina.

>personal definition

Go to Tumblr if you want to make up words and meanings.

But they're not being turned into monsters because of a god magical girl, moron.

>no sudden new character from nowhere to end the story
>the way how madoka could obtain such power is explained
>even a grade schooler could expect madoka's wish will bring the story to the end
>durr deus ex machina
being dumb should be crime

No shit, but it's not like their lives are cushy either.

You're the one attempting to redefine the term according to your personal incorrect definition. You can't call something the entire plot has been cnetered about a deus ex machina, if the wish came out of nowhere then yes.

>"a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the inspired and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object. "

It really does. By its very definition a deus ex machina is a sudden resolution to a conflict that has no setup or reason to exist within the story. You could spare the entire board your bullshit by just googling the term, you know.

Quite literally this. The God from the machine, or the Admin from the game comes down in the most hopeless situation and gives Kirito the Admin login info. The entire anime is bullshit but this takes the cake.

So it did solve their problems. I rest my case.

>By its very definition a deus ex machina is a sudden resolution to a conflict that has no setup or reason to exist within the story.

No, it's supposed to be "the inspired and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object", which is exactly what Godoka is since no other magical girl even came up with it.

Idiot.

Solved one problem. Unless you're going to blatantly ignore the amount of suffering experienced by magical girls before they ever turned witch.

>Madoka, you could even become a god if you wished for it.

Unexpected my ass.

I think Rebellion addressed a plot hole left over from the series (Homura's wish) but even then, Madoka's wish is still not a deus ex.

Hunter X Hunter next week most likely

Does Milky Holmes count? The whole show is practically a parody.