How do people oranganize their anime images? I've got 30k my folder scheme isn't working with and a lot of duplicates

How do people oranganize their anime images? I've got 30k my folder scheme isn't working with and a lot of duplicates.

My folders are a mess.

Reminder to everyone to keep that shit organized.

I want to delete worthless stuff but valuable stuff is scattered among the shit so I can't until I organize it.

Folders.
Tags would be more sensible, but I'm sticking to folders.

If your folders are too full, you need more subfolders.

I use folders that I try to occasionally re-organize and sub-categorize, but I'm also lazy.

The only halfway proactive thing I do is run a deduplication script on my NAS, but that only catches exact file matches and not recompressed, etc. variants.

I've got 50k images so I'm cool

By show, I got like 10.50k images.

I don't thats how

How many folders do you have, anyway?

XnViewMP, it has a category tool that works similarly to booru's tags, and a scanner that lets you find duplicates based on name, size, dimensions, or image content.

By folders of course.
Also in mobile i only have the meme one.

Hydrus.

Does it work now?
Last time I tried it, basically nothing I uploaded got any tags from the cloud.
I spent dozens of hours working on tags until I finally gave up.

I just spend minutes looking for the pic I want. It just werks.

It works now. PTR takes a long time to sync the first time though.

In the name of the image I put: Name of character(s), name of the anime, and some things that stand out of the image, example: Different colored eyes. And other stuff but I don't have my PC and I don't remember.

filenames help

I also have different folder's depending from where I downloaded the image, and memes have there own folder of course.

Why is Sharo so shit? She ruined the whole bunnisode.

by show/by characters

>one folder
>call it shitposting
Perfect.

Explain your self !!

naming individual files mostly, anything in the general pictures folder is just temporary

>saving anime images

Why do people do this? Are you autistic?

Such weak bait

Dump them all into one folder and just remember where they are.

Everything in downloads folder. Catogorize them by filename and my own memory.

Anime series I make/save images for get their own folders and reaction images are sorted into categories.
I thought most people did it like this.

kinda like this..

How do you choose what you put in the alphabetical folders ? Anime Character ? Anime ? Subject/feel/characteristics/colour of the image ?

You have subfolders ?

>You have subfolders ?
>image says there's a total of 1471 folders
>some 60 folders are on the first level

>You have subfolders ?

Think.

I just sort them by series, then into NSFW folders if I have lewd pictures to store

the animes that begin with the letter A go into the folder A

characters also go into their anime folder, only a few characters have their own folder..

I tried to organise that shit once.
Made several backups, at regular times and different places, cause my collection is the most valuable thing I possess.
Today, the only rather well organized collection I have is the one of my reaction-images on my jewgle-drive.
And even so, my "to be sorted" folder is way bigger than it should be.

I'm organizing my shit right now. For maximum efficiency, I'll be using both categorized folders and Hydros it wont even last a day

>all the shit organisation skill in this thread

>feels
>kek
>pepe
>ree
>Trump anime girls
Is this bait?

>smug looking with condescending looks
Isn't that redundant?

Smug is self-satisfaction.
You can be smug at your own success without being condescending towards other people.

Yeah, but you can't be condescending without being smug. Therefore redundant.

But that's at the end of the file name.
Maybe he is using alphabetic ordering and wants to keep his different smug folders together.

I'd use subfolders, personally, but then I'm not too fond of the overuse of smug anyway.

My Sup Forums folder has nothing in it but subfolders. Mostly it's anime titles, a few franchises and things like sip or MSpaint. In the anime folders it's mostly screenshots I took for whatever reason, hundreds and hundreds, also edits I make or save. I try to name all the screenshots I intend to post on Sup Forums when I save them otherwise I'll never find them again among all the other screenshots. I keep fanart in its own subfolder, with lewd fanart in a subfolder of the fanart folder. Some series have subfolders for specific things like he TL notes in the PPD folder.

I dislike keeping screenshots. I understand that people like particular shots but to me it just feels like "IT'S RIGHT THERE." Episode 3, 5 minutes and 12 seconds. There you go. Saving it extra seems like a huge waste. Again I understand that it's impractical to keep that knowledge in your head and start up the anime whenever you want the frame. But I can't help it.
I dislike keeping screenshots.

It feels strange to me that I do it. I don't really get it honestly. It takes me about a half-hour to watch a recorded series with the commercials and shit cut out, because I'm always pausing and taking screenshots. What am I going to do with them all?

Ideally I'd work out a good tagging system and use tmsu

In practice I can't be fucked to do that and hence have next to no organization, using very general folders and accepting the inevitability of duplicates and having to save the same image in different folders (symlinking isn't worth the effort for the few megabytes I'd save)

> tfw FOSS projects for universal file tagging incorporated into file managers and desktop environments that predated modern indexing-by-default DEs have been rotting for ten years for the lack of interest and dev force
> tfw tag file systems are mostly proof-of-concepts and are not ready for fast mass management UX-wise
> tfw everything new and interesting is supposed to be *in the cloud*
> tfw content-aware matching for multimedia files (excluding images) is still mostly nonexistent
> tfw there is no general format for content metadata to exchange between at least some of the software

That said, if you use file system as your organizer/database (even with the help of indexing tool), you probably don't have *that* many files or query them *that* intensely. There's a reason Hydrus exists. Imagine that you want to choose the exact best fitting image for your post from those varies collections of thousands. Obviously, you can't remember each of them. Just tagging everything is not enough in that case, you have to build a multidimensional hierarchy of content indicators and be able to navigate and manage it…

Librarians probably have some techniques for that, but we probably need a performance boost from handling 1 item in 10 minutes to handling million of items in 10 seconds.

In all my years of browsing 4chin I have never saved a reaction image.

If I want one I just google the image or google a generic thing like smug anime girl.

Pic related, takes up no hard drive space.

It hurts. I want tagging so much.

>Librarians
Interesting, I've never thought about them when thinking about tagging, but there might be a lot to be gained from working with them.

A single huge folder with 3 smaller folders for screencaps, general images, and reaction images.

Only the reaction images folder is organized for easier access.

Do I really see two of my creations there?
I did not expect that.

>anime girls wearing silly hats
Why on Earth

MAGA