Craftsmanship and general skills

I started working construction for summer money with my dad at age 10. I went on to become an auto tech. I have zero fear when it comes to crafting and building and I'm always getting calls for work because I'm honest. When society crumbles and IT support and web design are no longer necessary how will you survive and make money? Every man should have basic knowledge of a trade for when the shit hits the fan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCIMXKin1fXXCeq2UJePJEog
twitter.com/AnonBabble

related jewtube channel, dude builds cabins, survival, bushcraft etc; youtube.com/channel/UCIMXKin1fXXCeq2UJePJEog

Why do trades people always act like it's rocket science? Doesn't take long to figure out

Quite the opposite user, I know it's not rocket science which is why I'm baffled at how many nu-males I run into that don't even know how to change their own fucking oil.

I design buildings, hopefully gaining my chartership status before my 26th birthday. Also trying to get up my knowledge of site work like OP

soon they won't know what it is

>When society crumbles and IT support and web design are no longer necessary how will you survive and make money?
Sorry but robots will take your job soon. The singularity is coming.

So we should be teaching ourselves robot design and programming?

some trades are. auto electrical engineering is a mind fuck.

when i was 18 i had a flat tire and had genuine trouble changing it. and i had 2 friends helping me.
since that day i starded doing more hand work, like fixing doors, showers and a bit of mechanic.
nothing gives you more accomplishment feeling than finishing a task inside your property by yourself. not even hitting new records at the gym.

>When society crumbles and IT support and web design are no longer necessary how will you survive and make money?
Easy, I'll just come and take the house you so kindly built for me :^)

You'd be surprised... each trade requires certain innate traits. There is a sequence of events that need to happen each time a task is given. A persons ability to replicate those events in order becomes apparent to those who are masters. Some masters do not possess the innate abilities. Yes anyone can do it, but some have magically innate abilities.

Same thing happened to me.
Was 16 driving in my first car with my little brother when a tire blew.
Kind stranger stopped to help me fix it but it made me realize how fucking helpless I was and it pissed me off enough to start learning.

"tricks of the trade"

An interesting way to identify your natural trade is by color of pants. What color pants do you wear? Blue pants, tan, green? A person naturally picks one of those colors.

>don't even know how to change their own fucking oil.
I live in a nice white deed restricted neighborhood, I always felt the others looked down on me because im a manual labor guy, even though I work for myself as a contractor. Im the younger guy with paid off cars that are a few years older than the rest

Then came Hurricane Irma. these fucks were so lost it was funny. I had to fix three generators for neighbors, stored some of their food in my extra fridge, and had my well pump hooked up to gen and supplied several on my street with free water. when one neighbor seen someone trying to break into his house Im the one he ran to for help Im the 2nd amendment guy too.

When it was all over and i was putting the AK back in the safe, I laughed with my wife about how if SHTF ever does happen I will own these worthless educated fucks

Now everyone smiles and waves when they see me, not knowing how i have already thought how I could take all their shit if things ever got that bad....I just smile and wave back

It's sad that people cannot build their own homes. We should be a lot more self sufficient than we are now.

Can confirm. I've got my MSEE and automotive electronics are fucking ancient greek to me.

>Your dad paid you for your child labor
Reasons why step fathers are inferior.

>blue(jeans)
All blue collar jobs
>tan(khakis)
All white collar jobs
>green(wtf)
Useless hippy faggot

Did I get it right?

Seriously cunt. With all the hobby threads that pop up on Sup Forums we should be colonising the other boards in a constructive manner.

We could but regulations and inspections became to overwhelming. It was planned that way by the first mayor ever who ran a construction business.

I don't give a shit what they do over in /diy/
I spend 99% of my time here and it's the type of goys I'd rather get interested in it anyways.

Next time I'll just make another hurr durr am I white? Or Lauren Southern hate thread so I can be more in Sup Forums's wheelhouse