Next week in Religious Studies...

Next week in Religious Studies, my college professor is going to be discussing the reasons why calling God a "man" or implying God is a man is wrong, how God could be a woman, and it will be a two-hour lesson on that subject.

What do you guys think of this idea? Any arguments for or against, I would love to hear.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K8vRcPGNDcI
renegadetribune.com/why-the-migrant-invasion-of-europe/
judeofascism.com/2011/11/jewish-doctrine-vowing-to-indebt.html?m=1
imgur.com/gallery/okp66FD
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God predates gender and is therefor agendered. Refer to God as God.

>Speaking of God in terms of human qualities, such as gender
This triggers theologians

>tfw you have to take classes like this
what are you studying?

Why does the Bible say Him then?

use proper pronounces OP. God transcends gender.

Xer

As him about Jesus being a tranny. Trannies look on transition as death and resurrection. The cross is the symbol of male and female together.

Human communication in the abstract is done wth symbols. Males and females signify vastly different things. God has feminine traits such as giving life, forgvineness, and others. But He also has very masculine traits that supersede feminine traits when it comes to using a gendered pronoun. God is chiefly a civilizer. Which requires violence, planning, and order. All things done in contrast to the (only) life giving "Mother" Nature. Your professor is the equivalent of an edgy cunt on Sup Forums larping with a nazi flag.

Ignore their clearly wrong ideas and ask why the fuck every human felt it was more appropriate to refer to God as a He rather than She for the last few thousand years.

it's a personal thing. it's how YOU see it

You can tell God is a father by the way he acts.
He's an absent provider.
Although we don't see him he gave us this world and provided everything in it for us.
>Okay kids, there's fruit and animals everywhere. Sort yourselves out. See you at the resurrection.

If God was female 'she'd' be a co-present caregiver. 'She' Would be with us, visible, constantly doing things for us.

Also God made man in his image. Adam. And then he made Eve.
Adam=male=inGod'sImage=God male.
At least in some Godlike form, he's male anyway

I would think God is asexual more than anything. He is more of a metaphysical being -- energy.

Because it was written by men in a time when women were subjugated by men.

Therefore, God doesn't have a gender... and is before all gender? Okay.

Religious Studies as I said but the actual topic/slice/whatever is just Christianity. We have learned about the basis of Christianity (the Jewish origins) but randomly we are careening off about gender and sexuality.

So, basically, God is not human, therefore why refer to it using human terms?

I imagine calling God "It" could be rather disrespectful. Plus, the books of the bible were written by humans, so there is a possibility that humans of that time period simply used the words that they thought were correct.

How do you even pronounce Xer?

The fact it looks as if there is a tranny Jesus kind of makes me want to vomit. Couldn't you argue that death and resurrection aren't like trannies but more similar to Evangelicalism spiritual rebirth?

I am just studying religion, I don't know this shit.

God is energy makes more sense than him having human characteristics to me.

So, basically, through gendered ideals and the story, it is more obvious that God is a man? Got it.

Gotcha, I will tell my professor that she is an edgy Sup Forums larper and take that detention with pride.

For the Abrahamic religions "God" is El, and El was male. El was the proto-god/king of the gods. Yahweh who took the place of/got conflated with El was at one time his son-- he's male, too.

The leaders of the gods are always male. El, Yahweh, Marduk, Zeus, Odin, Jesus, etc. And most origin stories are about the primal female chaos being tamed by a male proto-deity.

>Therefore, God doesn't have a gender... and is before all gender? Okay.
The Muslims take it one further and won't anthromorphise God, if your teacher is amazingly regressive.

We have two teachers, one says "peace be upon him" after saying prophet Muhammad but I don't know if that is because she is a lefty or because she is legitimately a muslim.

The other, the gender one, I haven't had long enough to be able to get a bead on. So, who the bloody hell knows?

Muslims seem to have a better deal with that. "Our God is energy, fuck gender."

Well, I will have to remember this. Thank you.

Man was created in Gods image, then woman was created. Both are equal in seperate ways, but God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and all were He,s

>religious studies
Wow ((((((pol))))) got to you fast huh?
Enjoy working at mcdonalds.

youtu.be/K8vRcPGNDcI

Father in heaven, grandfather, Jahova, God Ywhw, Allah.
What did Jesus say about the Pharisees you should be studying all religions

This is correct tbqh

God is only portrayed often as a human being to give us something to better relate to. God is something which something beyond our limited human imagination. God is something which does not gender because it not a human or an animal.

Quirk of translation, in the OT, God is sometimes referred to in the plural. There is also the issue of Logos and Sophia.

This interpretation is not universal

Roughly correct

Basically this

OP, its an issue worth discussing in the right context. It stands to reason that God would have qualities of both genders, as the source of everything. HOWEVER this also does not imply that God is a "xir" or a tranny, God in this sense is transcendent. Calling God transgender is as short sighted as applying male or female.

I like to think of God as being neither and both. A Divine Feminine and Masculine. Yin and Yang. Shakti and Shiva. The duality merges into Oneness.

>Giving God a sex
>Absolutely degenerate

>Calling God a man is wrong
>God might be a woman
I understand why people would be confused about gendering the actuator of the universe but it's actually very simple: There's two types of parental love, masculine and feminine. Because God is basically a parent; If you go up to your dad and say "Fuck you, Dad." he'll say "Fuck you too, you little shit." and he'll be upset but still love you and want whats best for you.
When it comes to the masculine parentage, if you want guidance or help you can ask him, but for the most part you have your own life and your own struggles.
When it comes to feminine parentage, your mother is supposed to coddle you, keep you from danger, and shower you with praise and affection until you're strong enough to take care of yourself.
Nature shows that God goes hard, and the idea therefore is that God is a father that doesn't coddle or baby his creations, but encourages them to embrace the unfairness of the world and become strong, independent figures in our own right.

Of course, the true God wouldn't be either gender since to limit something would make it imperfect.

>So God created mankind in his own image,
>in the image of God he created them;
>male and female he created them.

There, 5 seconds. Go play pokemon for the 1h59 you have left.

If god has no gender, how was man created in gods own image while women were created from man?

That is a pretty good image, explained through further points by everyone else in this thread. Bravo.

Don't blame me, I am just the messenger over here.

So, the idea is that the True God (be it Abrahamic or otherwise) wouldn't have a gender as it would be limiting to it's character and itself. I actually like that idea, it shows that God, as an infinite being, is above the petty biology of humanity and is what he is. Good on you. I will be sure to remember this.

I haven't played pokemon since I was about nine.

The reasons why God could be a woman are just as dumb as the reasons why God could be a man. God doesn't have a sex

God as a deist concept wouldn't logically have a sex. God of the abrahamic faiths is specifically described as male.

The antichrist (dajjal) is here 3rd temple is up highest building is built in Saudi Arabia the beast isnt government it a social network who has the all seeing eye

No, God of the OT is not specifically described as male. The translation that reached us needed to make a linguistic decision, and chose male, which works and is consistent throughout, but should not be taken as a statement of theological truth.

God is a man.
Man is created in the image of god.
Woman is not, it is not "man kind" which is specified, that is the satanic teaching, they love turning the masculine into the feminine.

There are many gods in Japanese Shintoism.
The most major god is Amaterasu, female god.

>pic
the shrine for Amaterasu

>So, basically, God is not human, therefore why refer to it using human terms?
To relate the idea to the human mind. God is not our literal father but the concept of a father relates more to how God actually is than then the concept of a mother. We aren't coddled but thrown into a brutal world with only the slightest guidance. God is distant and tough but loving, He gave us free will and wants us to grow and mature but he doesn't save us when we make mistakes. We have to take responsibility. He didn't passively birth the world like a mother He willed it into existence like a builder.

It's all pretty masculine and fatherly as it relates to how the human mind sees things so God is masculine, the Father.

God is both and niether silly

From the Kybalion: >The tendency of the Feminine Principle is always in the direction of receiving impressions, while the tendency of the Masculine Principle is always in. the direction of giving out, or expressing. The Feminine Principle has a much more varied field of operation than has the Masculine Principle. The Feminine Principle conducts the work of generating new thoughts, concepts, ideas, including the work of the imagination. The Masculine Principle contents itself with the work of the “Will,” in its varied phases. And yet without the active aid of the Will of the Masculine Principle, the Feminine Principle is apt to rest content with generating mental images which are the result of impressions received from outside, instead of producing original mental creations.

The archetypal role of the masculine is to tame, build, and direct. The primal God that created order from chaos, is an example of masculinity, the duty of all men to turn the purposeless nature around into a world of order.

Don't listen to your professor, he is a serpent. Christ clearly refers to God as Heavenly Father.

renegadetribune.com/why-the-migrant-invasion-of-europe/

judeofascism.com/2011/11/jewish-doctrine-vowing-to-indebt.html?m=1

which 'g0d?'

>looks like a man
>impregnates a woman
>creates a world where men are the only capable rulers (name one successful matriarchy, you can't)
Your professor is a subversive commie Jew. Call them out.

God created MAN in His image, not the woman. Eve was created additionally, out of Adam's own body. Therefore, God is male, but only by comparison to the human male-female dichotomy, as He has no need for such distinctions within His own person.

I thought he was fire a burning bush

I hope you're not paying very much for that

Also those people don't want or respond to arguments, they're hysterical puritans engaged in holiness signalling.

It's retarded because God is /ourfather/
The image of the father is crucial, because he is the one you don't want to disappoint, who looks after you, who forgives you when you do wrong but who will always wait for you to go on the right way.
The link between a mother and a child is very different.

>Bible calls God a He
God is a social construct of man, who has assigned him the gender of male. Feminists instrinsically BTFO.

Men are above women, literally and figuratively.
God is above all of His Creation
Therefore, God is a man. We are the women.

God made man in his image, and made a companion for him. Not exactly advanced theology.

>eternal father figure
>refereed as such in holy texts
>father
>not really a man
>maybe gender binary
>but really a woman with beard
Christcucks achieving new levels of cuckoldery that shouldn't even be possible.

Did you just assume xir gender?

They think identity politics is their ally. But they merely adopted newspeak; this leaf was born in it, moulded by it. Xe didn't see the light until xit was already a Xer.

Did that professor just assume Its gender?Alternately

God concept was invented by men, not women. True or false?

Name the great religion invented by women, I'll wait.

Proceed from there.

In my small mind God and Fate are the same. One can be used in place of the other in an almost unlimited fashion.

>If Fate wills it.

tell her if she disagrees with what it says in the Torah she's an anti semite

Trinity means Mother, Father and Son

youtu.be/K8vRcPGNDcI

Their running because the 3rd temple is up and that means they found the great deciever

This is a lazy cop out. God and Fate make very different metaphysical demands of the person concerned, and refer to different ideas. I'm not making any claims here that one is better or worse than the other, but they are not the same thing, and cannot properly be used interchangeably.

>detention
Are you in university or secondary?

But Jesus is the Son of God, and Jesus refers to His Father as, well, The Father. To referred to God as a woman is refusing to acknowledge God's preferred gender pronoun. And that's transphobic.

Use your enemy's weapons against them.

Take a machine gun to that class.

I have a bachelor's and master's degree in Catholic theology. Technically speaking, God has no gender. But, Jesus does, and he too is of the trinity. Trinitarian theology is a pain in the butt so I'm just gonna leave that there. And Jesus taught us to call God our Father, so there's a strong argument in favor of that right there.

I had a liberal nun teach an ecclesiology class, and she gleefully reminded the class we could call God mother since God has no gender. So being a misogynistic woman like I am, I got to thinking. Angels have to gender. Therefore, demons have no gender. Satan has no gender. By her logic, Satan can also be referred to as She. So I started using the "she" pronoun when we would discuss the devil. It really pissed her off. So I explained my reasoning and the look of frustration she had was something for the ages. So give that a whirl.

God is a symbol for Objective Reality which does not acquiesce or conform to our sensibilities and desires, therefore, God as a symbol of Objective Reality *IS* Patriarchal. God's antithesis is Subjective Reality which is the realm of Women.

If he has a problem with this cite Simone de Beuvoir's book the Second Sex which states that womens perception is bound to their feelings unlike Men's who are capable of abstracting concepts and working them into Philosophical axioms.

Simone de Beuvoir was a French Philosopher and the mistress of Jean Paul Sartre a seminal French Philosopher.

Also tell him he's a cunt and to cook his fucking head.

How does implying God might be a man being bad make it okay to imply God is a woman... Cognitive dissonance is real..

shout at him "how dare you assume zis gender"

Drop the class immediately. You're spending money on irrelevant bullshit.

God created first human in his image, that cut this human into man and women. Therefore God himself is androgynous, and contain both genders.

what do you do for a living?

Are you that Irish Muslim?

God didn't create Adam in his image. Check it in Genesis.

Genesis 1:27

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Genesis 2:7

Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

God created Humanity in his image, only later did he create the vessels in which they can experience Life.

New age bullshit. Mother nature, the egg symbol, the whomb. Divinization of woman is new age and is inspired from aleister crowley's teachings. Which in turn is satanism. One cannot say God is man or woman. Yet when God came to earth and started to fight with Israel (Genesis 32 22) He came as a man. Jesus came as a man as well. There is some reason to believe God is a man but we can never know for sure. Therefore it would be completly unwise and satanic to say God is a woman. The best answer to is God a man or a woman is we will find out when we will die.

Clearly according to those verses, God contains both Man and Woman. Curiouser and curiouser.

humanity in his image, male and female.

Of which women? Divinization of virgins is christianity and renaissance esotericism, divinization of sluts is satanism, paganism and crowlean OTO.

>'She' Would be with us, visible, constantly doing things for us.
Fun fact, according to myths of old school Yahwhism, the stuff that led to Christianity, considered YHWH (At the time just called "Yah") to be a very present person who would literally come down and help the tribe in wars.

pull out the bible and quote the parts where it refers to God in the Masculine or as a he.

if they say that not that God then tell them that it doesn't matter then, then begin to mock the false gods, by calling them trannies or fags or dikes.

aka Jesus Christ is God, and a Man.

Ask your college Professor how he can just assume gods gender, if god could identify as any of the 150+ genders out there. No, seriously, do it - and record his answer.

In bible, on several occasions God is referred as feminine

[citation needed]

Clearly God created *Humanity* in God's image. Humanity is that which manifests the Virtues of God so when we are not manifesting Virtues, are we Humans?

I think not

>that cut this human into man and women
no nigger, he took the woman OUT of the man
>Gen 2:021 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Tell him that God ain't real and that he should get a real job

learn about the the origins of words and you shall understand in what context god should be used. The idea of words originates from symbols. symbols represents all kinds of stuff. from plants animals ideas even thought entities. Let´s say it easiest when look at words if the origin is known. I think it's hard to conclude if god would refer to a man or woman as it's a very old concept.

Social Media analyst for a fortune 500

I want to strangle you with my bare hands

Elohim is plural.

Hosea 11:3-4
Hosea 13:8
Deuteronomy 32:18
Isaiah 66:13
Isaiah 49:15
Isaiah 42:14
Psalm 131:2
Psalm 123:2-3
Luke 15:8-10

Why tho?

It means that first men, who was created in God's image, contained feminine part, that was cut out.

imgur.com/gallery/okp66FD

No it doesn't you huetist

> having a single god, probably looking like an old man, just sitting in the sky watching people
> not an entire panteon of male, female and semi-human gods with complicated retalionships, amazing and unique appearances, constantly being in contact with people, sometimes helping and inspiring them
pathetic

God is more likely to be female because God is very jealous and concerned with meaningless rules.

>Elohim is plural
context?

elohim also means angels, judges and mighty men, so context is appreciated

yeah, the [egg] cell, which is a vessel, yet theres no evidence that adam had extra bits
>Gen 1:027 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them

>male and female created he them
penor and vagene

God was referred to in the plural because of the holy trinity.

Sounds dumb.

Yahweh and El Elyon, the gods upon whom the Christian god is based (constructed to unify Judah and Israel) were both male, so the Christian god is also male.

I said in the OT, wherein they would have had no concept of the Holy Trinity.

The music and images in the video were corny and distracting to the message and makes your religion looks like LARP. Plus after 4:23 the speaker basically alludes that the Quran is a religion by and for arabs.
I hope any muslim in Europa who takes this video seriously should really go back to muslim countries.

That's okay

Man is a non gendered word. It comes from the word human.

>God predates gender and is therefor agendered. Refer to God as God

>Therefore, God doesn't have a gender... and is before all gender? Okay

That's not how it works, male is the default gender, females were created after Adam.

are you saying men do things that women can't wow fucking racist and sexist much??