He can be hit if he's off guard, so can't Guts just stab him from behind?

He can be hit if he's off guard, so can't Guts just stab him from behind?

He allowed it.

You are implying that Griffith takes actual damage when his body is harmed.
Didn't you pay attention? The physical world is like a reflection of reality on a body of water.
If Guts manages to put his sword through Griffith's "real" body, all he'll be doing is disrupt the mirage.

Yes, of course.

>Implying Guts won't enter Berserk mode and start screaming GRIFFISUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm pretty sure the present Dragon Slayer can at least harm Femto, after being bathed in Slan's metaphysical flesh.

>Slan's metaphysical flesh
That wasn't her flesh though. It was just a collection of troll flesh and other garbage she found lying around. Which is precisely the point. *She* wasn't actually represented on the same level of reality as Guts and his oversized metal prick.

How do you think somebody like Guts could sneak on anybody? Don't forget they didn't invent cardboard yet.

Defeating Griffith will be a matter of exploiting his known weaknesses, of which he does have a couple. First just his feelings towards Guts in general are a weakness, because we've seen repeatedly how he gets rash and looses his cool because of Guts. Second, he inhabits the body of Guts and Caska's child, which still seems to retain some of it's own affections towards it's parents, which could also become a weakness for Griffith.

I'd be pretty surprised if defeating him doesn't play out on one or both of those factors.

Griffith will never be beaten because berserk will never end

It wasn't like she was using troll flesh like a way of skyping guts long distance; the essence of her power was actually present there. Skull Knight actually called it a forced advent of sorts. We know this because she was able to inflict wounds to his astral body, something trolls couldn't possibly do.

Was it her full power? I don't know probably not, but it's not unfathomable that the blade's astral powers might have been strengthened from it.

>he thinks Rickert chose to hit Grifith
>he believes freewill exists in the world of Berserk

That mermaid is too cute.

*Sigh* I need Team Wipe 2,0 to happen FAST.

>*actions*
Lurk more.

We don't know the full scheme of Berserk's cosmos, but there have been several characters, including Flora, who've said they believe people have the ability to make choices and aren't completely bound by fate.

We know that the IoE can manipulate history and manipulate the collective subconscious, and that of course people will be influenced by these manipulations. But that doesn't mean people don't still have their own conscious minds with which to act. Luca said something similar.

Not only that, but we've actually seen apostles like the count willfully sever the threads of fate.

This cracker gets it. Theres a reason I said metaphysical.

Plus, in being branded, Guts and Caska are set apart from "fate", which cannot exist if causality exists.

but after the tree of like shit happened the metaphysical world fused with the physical

My understanding was that only characters with a link to the other world in some form or another have any semblance of freedom from the Godhand/IoE's will. Characters like Guts, who is branded, Skullknight, magic users, apostles, or straight up magical beings like the elves, the 4 elemental kings (or whatever they're called), and other such creatures that exist other such only in the astral realm. Regular humans, no matter how extraordinary like Guts and Griffith were pre-eclipse still fall under their control.

It wasn't that Griffith was off-guard, Rickert was an original member of the Band of the Hawk. Also he wasn't sacrificed.

Rickert is the only one that can take down Griffith.

Only if Guts can sneak up to him.

no

*tree of life

That could very well be the truth of it, but I'm still thinking of the things Luca said after the false eclipse at the tower of conviction. She points out how most people died because they just gave into their base fears and ran with the crowd to their deaths, but a small amount of others survived because they kept their wits about them.

Seems to me like fate is a sort of tide of the collective unconscious that most people are probably going to get swept away by, as they are consumed by their fears or whatever else compels them to be carried along mindlessly, rather than acting of their own will. But there are people like Luca who are strong willed enough or just lucky enough (Nina) to actually escape the current.