Why do so many isekai series take place in pseudo medieval European settings?

Why do so many isekai series take place in pseudo medieval European settings?

Why don't these NEETs ever reincarnate into fantasy worlds based on ancient Japan?

Are nips ashamed of their cultural heritage?

Other urls found in this thread:

bakabt.me/torrent/143145/hakujaden
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes
Next question pease

Why is Konosuba so overrated?

Why is Overlord the best Isekai setting?

Because people liked it
Next question please

Because it's a meh instead of a steaming pile of shit

There are more anime with Japanese historical elements than anything else.

Dragon quest nips love dragon quest and being the hero of a dq like world is probably a dream come true.
That is what I think atleast.

>Why don't these NEETs ever reincarnate into fantasy worlds based on ancient Japan?
They do. Watch more anime.

>Why do so many isekai series take place in pseudo medieval European settings?
Because they like elves and high magic. Ancient Japanese settings have miko and stuff. Pseudo European fantasy has elves and wizards.

Probably because the jidaigeki well was pumped dry long ago.

Fuck 11s and Fuck Yuropoors, more series should be set in middle ages America

Why can OP not get enough of the taste and smell of a cock?

>white man
>born and raised in the West
>watches animated series made in Japan for Japanese audience
>asks why nips are interested in Western culture

Fail to see the similarity, user?

>reincarnate in the early 20th century
>steal land from your ally German in the Pacific since Germany was a little busy
>get nuked
>cucked by America
>otherwise show ancient Japanese making friends then constantly backstabbing them - China
There is no good Japanese history that paints their culture in a good light.

In NGNL, the human race inhabits the not-Europe but the warbeast nation is basically not-Japan with extra fox tails and dog ears.

I remember that thread.

>OP
>white man

>no Wild West anime

Like aztec shit?

>wow look at this cool obsidian blade it can cut a cow in half with a swing
>but don't spit on it, it might break

Jidaigeki is a whole different ball game. Historical drama is a completely separate genre from high fantasy even if some of them may contain fantastical elements.

That's like pointing to Victorian-era pulp fiction as the reason people aren't into LoTR anymore.

If so, He has to seppuku because of no working=no tax paying

So Rokka no Yuusha?

But none of them are isekai.

European settings are foreign and exotic. Ancient Japan is just MUH HONOR, lords and swords.

>Ancient Japan is just MUH HONOR, lords and swords.
So just like ancient Europe, then.
Ain't feudalism a bitch.

I want an Isekai where the protagnist ends up in the Discworld.

Man I wish I could've pitched this idea to Sir Terry bfore his brain went to mush and the reaper came to collect.

Put your head up your mom's ass, that's a unique isekai

So it's sword and board versus sword and lord?

>sword and board
How many anime protagonists use shields?
Not counting Gundam.

How do you distinguish a high fantasy setting as distinctly Japanese without using aspects of period drama?

There was Underwater Ray Romano, OP. Other things are inspired by Nip games, which are in turn inspired by D&D. That's what fantasy 'is' to them.

Because middle age Japan didn't have any sexy elves.

Because all the alternatives suck big time

Islamic golden age was caused and ended by European slaves, and lack of

African civilization is basically fantasy in itself, lots of people think it's real but it's not

American civilizations were built on human sacrifices, Aztecs sacrificed whole tribes in their conflicts and one theory suggests they turned into 'one race' and black plague level disease wiped them all out in south

Asian fantasy is good alternative, but because it's not as exotic they don't use it. Also it's easier to establish on the trope whole fantasy is built on

Isekai is wish fulfilment by nature, it all comes down to the personal taste of the writers. The people who write LNs are nerds who love fantasy, but you have to remember they are Japanese. Most people in the world hold a stronger fascination with other cultures than their own, particularly geeks given their tendency towards bitterness and escapism.

Tower of Druaga, checkmate.

Obviously there's going to be overlap but high fantasy is kinda distinguished by the fact that it's fantastical, you know.

The name of the nation the story takes place in is a good rule of thumb. If it's not actually called Japan or any of its historical names it's straight up fantasy. If it is then it's probably a period drama or alternate history or historical fantasy.

>1
That's your answer?

It's like you guys don't read good manga and only like shit.

Try this one if you want isekai in feudal Japan.

>Asian fantasy is good alternative, but because it's not as exotic they don't use it. Also it's easier to establish on the trope whole fantasy is built on
Yeah, it's not like China has masturbated itself dry to muh wuxia/xianxia stories.

Kabaneri doesn't call the nation it's set in Japan, or any of its historical names (AFAIK), but it's overwhelmingly obviously meant to be feudal Japan.

The very first color anime was a fantasy anime in a world based on ancient Japan.

bakabt.me/torrent/143145/hakujaden

Amatsuki.

Netoge no Yome.

That's boring.

I don't want examples, but a rough estimate of how rare or how common it is.

Oh yeah, how could I forget Inuyasha?
I'm sorry, but I don't have time for a statistical analysis.

Because the setting has been done to death by Comiket.

It's rare because Japan has a katana fetish.

>Being this new to anime.

Go back to redit and come back after you have watched at least 500 anime. Now, fuck off.

The protagonist of The Rise of the SHIELD Hero?

We're talking about isekai, which is Japanese thing, not Chinese

Also Chinese is quite blocked from outside influence and glorifies itself.

I wish reincarnation trope would just die honestly... Same with transportation, no one writes it well. Either it's used for the first 15 chapters or it's not used at all.

>500
pleb

OP sounds underaged.

Shieldbrah.

>Islamic golden age was caused and ended by European slaves, and lack of
Ignoring that the discovery of new trade routes were a much bigger factor for states like the Ottoman Empire and slavery only being a very important factor for the likes of the Maghreb states, how the fuck does that make the scenarios less interesting than Generic Pseudo-Medieval Pseudo-European Land #238551, which Nips have seen a gajillion of times?

>African civilization is basically fantasy in itself, lots of people think it's real but it's not
Hurrdurr, what is Mali, what is Egypt, what is Ethiopia?

>one theory suggests they turned into 'one race'
Historians should stick to history and let population geneticists do the population genetics analysis, because that's not how genetics works. There is no such thing as human races in the biological sense of the term.

>Asian fantasy is good alternative, but because it's not as exotic they don't use it.
I doubt that Nips know much about Indian, Mongolian or South-East Asian mythology and history.

Post Renaissance isekai LN's are the best.

I'd like to see a conquistador isekai or wild west.

Because it's popular and most RPGs are based off of European legends settings, and since MMORPGs are a branch of RPG, a lot of MMORPGs also branch from that. Additionally, modern isekais are often attempts at 'makes games reality' idea.

Above, but since there are asian folklore inspirated MMORPGs, it's more exotic for jp.

Probably, but that's not the case.

While the game being shit, I really enjoy Tree of Savior lore wise because the setting tries to borrow shit from all over the globe (spanish rodelero, japanese shinobis, german doppelsoedner, haitian bokor, indian sadhu and even hebrew mythology with Kabbalist). Would definitely watch if there was an anime with borrowed shit from all over the globe.

I love how blatantly pan-European all these LN fantasies are with zero fucks given in regards to individual ethnicities and cultures.

You get shit like a small town that sees very little travel that's simultaneously inhabited by people named Artemisia Valencia and Fafnir Eigelstein and Firo Jormungand.

Lurk more newfag.

>Ignoring that the discovery of new trade routes were a much bigger factor for states like the Ottoman Empire and slavery only being a very important factor for the likes of the Maghreb states, how the fuck does that make the scenarios less interesting than Generic Pseudo-Medieval Pseudo-European Land #238551, which Nips have seen a gajillion of times?

And yet it all ended when no more Europeans were there, and there hasn't been any scientific advance for 1000 years since

>Hurrdurr, what is Mali, what is Egypt, what is Ethiopia?

Yes, and they've all been proven to been started by European leadership, and fall after lack of Europeans. Like Egypt did during KANGZ took over for one generation

>Historians should stick to history and let population geneticists do the population genetics analysis, because that's not how genetics works. There is no such thing as human races in the biological sense of the term.

No, they were homogeneous enough to succumb to the w/e disease killed them, not that they were all sisters/cousins

>I doubt that Nips know much about Indian, Mongolian or South-East Asian mythology and history.

I don't know about that, can't talk about elevens and their education

>I doubt that Nips know much about Indian
You do realize that practicing Buddhism alone gives them access to the majority of Indian mythology since it recycles a bunch of shit from Hinduism anyways?

>renaissance time travel
>be the one to teach Portugal that you reach the indies by going around Africa
>get rich with trade

There was this Wild Arms anime.

Indian gods are like ridiculously common in JRPGs user.

You don't have to look farther than Final Fantasy to fine Shiva for instance.

They're based on average cliche RPG settings for the most part, so it makes sense.

I have this weird rash on my cock and it itches like a bitch do you know and possible causes?

You're waifu is a slut.

arab sandnigger elf isekai when?

You'll soon die of a penis infection and be reincarnated as a futa elf with cursed sperm that kills anything it touches.

Have you shaved it recently? That might be why.

Pubes don't grow on cocks.

Can it kill Servants?

My cock has pubes; about 3/5ths of it.

My cock disagrees,

Those are Fungi not pubes.

More like Rokka no Sales, right guys?
Right?

It all started with a series of role-playing video games, developed by Sir-Tech known as "Wizardry," which were highly influential in the evolution of modern console and computer role-playing games. The first four (IIRC) games were on the Apple II, but were ported dozens of times to multiple systems. Ultima also played a huge role in this. These games were derivative of early Dungeons & Dragons systems as well as roguelikes and contained enemies ported from D&D at times.

Wizardry and Ultima were extraordinarily popular games in the west, but also in Japan. It is difficult to exaggerate how well-liked they were in Japan. This inevitably led to the import of early D&D systems to Japan itself, but more pertinently, Wizardry and Ultima are considered the primarily cited inspirations for the early Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, which are the forefathers of the JRPG genre. This is why Final Fantasy even to this day has D&D creatures in it - Mind-Flayers should be obvious, but Piscodaemons, an enduring enemy, are a type of Yugoloth in the campaign settings that use the Great Wheel cosmology (Greyhawk, Forgotton Realms, Planescape), for instance. It goes without saying even Dragon Quest remains extremely popular in Japan to this day.

Isekai stories are often *extremely* cynical in an covert way. An innate message of most stories is the idea that if you work hard, you'll succeed, but the reality is that lots of people try hard but fail to succeed, while others do nothing and succeed anyway. If it’s taken as a given that people cheat their way to the top in society, then in order for such protagonists to succeed, he needs to be placed into a world where his own particular skills can be used as cheats. It’s no surprise, then, that the vast majority of isekai stories are based on JRPG-inspired worlds, where the author's and primary demographic's savvy can be truly applied.

Unfortunately, most isekai works are shitty narou stories. Some are really good, tho.

Holy shit, the amount of grammatical errors in my post here almost makes me want to delete it and hang myself, but whatever, I just woke up. Forgive me, Sup Forums.

All is forgiven, my child.

so the protagonist can amaze the fantasy gaijins with his superior nipponese culture

And yet they probably don't know much about Indian history, since history and mythology are two different things.

Yeah, but we're talking about whole settings here. Do you remember many anime/manga set in ancient or medieval (pseudo-)India, rather than just taking a few ideas here and there?

>And yet it all ended when no more Europeans were there,
>Yes, and they've all been proven to been started by European leadership, and fall after lack of Europeans. Like Egypt did during KANGZ took over for one generation
When precisely is that mythical "no Europeans in Islamic world" era supposed to be? Ever since a bunch of Phoenicians decided that you can get prosperity through exchange of goods, there has always been trade and subsequent exchange of ideas in the Mediterranean Sea.
There is no such thing as independent idea generation there.

> and there hasn't been any scientific advance for 1000 years since
The Golden Age goes at least a quarter millenium longer than you seem to think it does.

>No, they were homogeneous enough to succumb to the w/e disease killed them, not that they were all sisters/cousins
Which doesn't constitute a race in the biological sense. The biological definition for this term is very narrow, go look it up. Especially take note not confusing the statistical and biological terms. (And, actually, it's obsolete in the first place, since "genetic variation" has superseded it.)

>Mali

Ah yes, the land so developed they had no written language, stfu faggot.

You're just throwing out countries that you've heard were advanced, but no nothing about.

This guy gets it

No I'm talking about scientific advances, not when golden age ended when I mentioned 1000 years. Sure they kept their empire running as long they had slaves from Europe and didn't thin their blood too much

There's reason why they allahu akbar instead go to moon despite being most richest countries on Earth. Same thing with Africa, most fertile, most natural resources yet it's the biggest hellhole on Earth.

also every source that describes Mali and Mansa Munsa as the richest kingdom in the world, is from a foreign source, because they had no written language, which we all know how that turns out, nothing more than a justification for invasion.

See
>el dorado
>america has streets paved with gold
>the norse are terrifying, devilish raiders who will kill us all

Mali, and your so called african civilizations were fucking shit, and Egypt wasn't even African during it's height, it was arabic. Fucking nigger.

Well, there are some with the WW1 settings like Youjou(Not a NEET)

There's also that one, where the MC is reincarnated in the future setting dealing with ship parts or something(Don't remember the name though)

>mali
>they've all been proven to been started by European leadership, and fall after lack of Europeans
Alright, what the fuck. No. None of the Sahelian Kingdoms had significant populations of non-slave Europeans living there during their rise, height or fall. Next you're going to say that Asians are responsible for the rise of the Aztecs. Or that Eskimos were the first to domesticate camels.

Not to mention Egypt fell when during African rule, twice

It's somewhat sad if you think about. If Europeans/Arabs just decided to BTFO niggers from Northern Africa we wouldn't have Saharan Desert today. I recommend looking into it, same thing with Australia and aboriginals

>not having your obsidian folded over a 100000 times

No I just bothered with the advanced civilizations, I largely ignored the likes of Mali which were artificially kickstarted by slavetrade and withered without it

Civilization that has no writing and keeps itself up with something like slavetrade or war is no real civilization, it's just barbarism

Most modern light novels are ripping off Zero no Tsukaima which had a mideival European setting.

>If Europeans/Arabs just decided to BTFO niggers from Northern Africa we wouldn't have Saharan Desert today.

Wasn't the desertification of the Sahara supposed to have begun due to changes in Earth's orbit that no one of that time could have predicted so it wasn't really their fault? Not that I am averse to the idea of poor agricultural practices, but I'd always heard it was a tougher break than that.

>and keeps itself up with something like slavetrade or war is no real civilization, it's just barbarism
Then that pretty much rules out much of classical civilization. Greece and Rome were built on slaves.

It's called Slayers you fucking underage shitstain.

It was sum of things, but you would have less than half the desert without deforestation

You could forest the current desert in generation and annual European refugee budget

Eveyday the same fucking threads

They had writing, culture and their civilization relied on expansion which was sum of trade, alliances, war and slavery. If your civilization has no culture, writing, but only slavery & war, then is not barbarism?

Holy fuck the SJW generation is bonkers