If only crunchyroll knew how fucking copyright worked

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MilesExpress999/status/738775418862329856?s=09
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Someone please shop 2 nigs and call them the ooga booga brothers

THIS IS MY PRIVATE LIFE

MAIDEN HEAVEN

It's just cautious. Nobody wants a trip to the House of Pain.

i kek'd

I LOVE LITTLE GIRLS
THEY MAKE ME FEEL SO GOOD

Sup Forums's anthem

They know how it works.
You do anything resembling a millionaire's work and they will send a private military if you don't pay more than you are worth.
The only thing scarier than dealing with copyright is Disney and it's vast riches.

What's the reference here? I had no idea what the hell is going on when I was watching that episode. I guess only horribleSub for IgiAri is more retaded.

Google Oingo Boingo you doof

Does it matter if you did?

Not him but yes, it is very important.

Some random old US rock band. That's it? All retarded stuff happened just because of that?

Motherfucker do you not know what a copyright is?

I'm not living in US, if that's what you asking, sempai. Please gomennasai.

Copyright laws are different everywhere but they do exist unless you're living in a third world country up to your eyeballs in bootlegs

It's a large stick the big corporations use to beat you over the head with whenever you attempt to excercise any creative thought, or try to escape their monopoly on literal information.

We had Dire&Straits in season 1 though? They weren't renamed.

Well the people at Crunchyroll are idiots so who knows

To be fair, most popular manga do get sued or complaints from refereed sources for even slight references. Hi-Score Girl had to go hiatus because of a legal battle with Square Enix and One Piece had several times been tweeted by celebrates inquiring on why their trademark is being used in chinese cartoons. Rich people will do anything for free cashgrabs so the answer is, no risks.

They know perfectly well how it works. It works like this. It doesn't matter if the claim against you is valid, the litigious copyright holder will run up a up legal fees so high that you lose even if you win.

>Hi-Score Girl had to go hiatus because of a legal battle with Square Enix
Square Enix is the company that publishes the series.

Different artists are more or less likely to sue. Prince was a huge roadblock and is the reason all English media identifies "Crazy Diamond" as "Shining Diamond".

SNK and Square Enix got into it over SNK fighting game characters featured in the manga. Square suspended it and issued a recall but eventually the companies settled.

My bad, it's SNK. It's been a while since I read the article.

Good thing he's dead

His producers aren't though :^)

>Crazy Diamond
>Prince

Crunchyroll makes subtitles, not the original animation.

Zenyatta Mondatta is the Viz translation, but Viz actually bothered to edit the book cover in the manga release.

I'm okay with CR's subs the majority of the time, but for Jojo I always wait for Some-Stuffs. I can't stand the name changes.

>Crazy Diamond
>Prince

I get changing names like Gold Experience and Oingo Boino but why the fuck would you ever assume names like Echoes and Surface would be treading on thin ice?

According to this guy who works at Crunchyroll, the name changes are made by Warner Bros. Japan, and not by them

twitter.com/MilesExpress999/status/738775418862329856?s=09

Straits was changed to Straizo.

NANI???

Maiden Heaven was a pretty cool adaptation to be honest.

>twitter.com/MilesExpress999/status/738775418862329856?s=09
It's true, first season Jojo had official(!) english subs on the BluRay, although they changed Straights to Straizo.