Why was Sasuke's curse mode completely phased out?

Why was Sasuke's curse mode completely phased out?
It was supposed to be his answer to Naruto's 9 Tails.

Because the sharingan turned into the ultimate eye hax. The curse mode was obsolete

He looks like a bitch anyways. 9 tailed chakra alone could kick his ass

Thematically? Because it was sasuke relying on something Orochimaru gave him

Realistically? Kishimoto probably thought of a bunch more ideas for new eye powers than he did the curse seal, so decided to get rid of it just so he wouldn't have to write it into the story anymore.

Too much effort to draw.

it makes him look ugly. bishies can't do that whenever they need a powerup

It was supposed to be a base power up though, just like the nine tails
He could've had his eye powers+curse seal

Naruto got rid of the basic nine tail power-up too.

Right? This was the coolest powerup and then it just got phased out..... For that dumbass Susanoo :/

Why does Sasuke have hand-wings?

Also to answer your question, Itachi forcibly removed the curse seal from Sasuke.

RIP the best power-up

The curse deal could've evolved too though
Think of the possibilities

>best power-up
>not Sage Mode

Sage Mode singlehandedly made Naruto great, and when it was abandoned it became shit again

Yeah I remembered when people complained about it but I thought it was really cool. Especially when Jiraiya used it.

Not only did Naruto start making Genkidama-big Rasengan and throwing exploding-Rasenshurikens, but he also got interesting jutsus like frog punch, super perception, tons of invocations who can do lots of stuff including Genjutsu. And he started using his head again.

Sage mode was meh
The curse seal was really unique

It was amazing! I almost wanna go back to that part of the series right about now...

How was the curse seal any more unique than the Sage Mode? Weren't they practically the same thing?

fuck off narutards.

Curse seal had hand wings and extra eyes and all that crazy shit, plus it's abilities were cool
Sage mode was just some makeup and muh eyes

>Sage mode was just some makeup and muh eyes

I'd argue that Sage Mode was cooler because it added in new moves. All Curse Seal did was look cool. Nothing new. Take the OP picture for example.

I honestly liked the curse mark and would have liked for it to stay. Honestly he went too far with eye powers in part 2.

Isn't the curse also a form of sage power being derived from Juugo?

I'm fine with the curse seal getting erased. It served its purpose, but it wasn't the best looking power up.

Also, Sage Mode was a perfect endgame for Naruto's growth as a ninja and a person. He's not getting his power from inside (Nine tails) but from the whole world. Instead of being something he got from his birth, it's something he entirely learned by relying on other people's knowledge and using his guts to make it real, even at his own expanse (he tried day and night just for that Rasenshuriken to work). It's a symbol of responsability and shows he's been entrusted with the many things Jiraiya left behind him, and it's something he chose to do, unlike the Nine-tails which were forced onto him.

It's literally the anti-Kyuubi and it should have been the end right there

gayest power-up i ever seen in naruto

it looked fucking horrible and made no sense.

giant back hands were supposed to be intimidating?

getting rid of all the curse mark shit except for jugo was one of the few smart things Kishi did in shippuden.

Yup.

they functioned as wings, so there's that.

It looked stupid as fuck and glad kishi ditched it. Eye hax was probably the worser of the power ups but curse mode, hell the whole mark in general, was awful.

>they functioned as wings
makes no fucking sense since those wings are heavy as fuck

>giant back hands were supposed to be intimidating?
I thought they were

Agreed. I don't understand why you have to ruin everything with needless power inflation when endgame arrives.