Do you believe scumbag protagonist will catch on?

Do you believe scumbag protagonist will catch on?
Ok with them being your average virgin neet just so long as they are really petty.

A lot of anime these days are adapted from LNs, which themselves are adapted from WNs.

There are tons of WNs with "scumbag" protagonists (especially any of the ones involving slaves, harems, reincarnation, revenge, etc), but most of them are either full on edgelords or just straight up assholes. Kazuma's kind of novel in that he is actually likable.

Probably because he actually has a moral compass.

No because it requires talent to write. Generic romcom protagonist #342182 will continue to be awkward around women and stumble onto breasts.

Pic. Unrelated.

While he acts like a jerk, he's essentially a lighthearted version of Rance. Minus trying to have sex with/rape every woman.

Kazuma is a scumbag, but he's also reasonable and has a balance of good traits to counteract his bad. He's a coward, a lecher and blunt, but at the same time he takes the extra mile for his friends and always tries to rectify his wrongdoings. As far as LN protags go, he's got an amazing personality.

Well let's take a look at Narou's current top 5:

>1 - Mushoku Tensei
Reincarnation story featuring a NEET so creepy that even while he was a baby his caretaker thought he was weird. Also a harem.

>2 - Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu
Cute fluff.

>3 - Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou!
Reincarnation, OP Protagonist, blah blah blah.

>4 - Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World
I think the name is pretty self-explanatory here.

>5 - Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
Guy gets the """"""weakest"""""" ability but it turns out he's actually the best!!!

So no, probably not.

Kazuma is one of the few LN protagonists I can think of who is actually active(ly causing problems for himself) instead of passively sitting around waiting for things to happen.

I mean he does a lot of sitting around too, but that's because he just doesn't want to work now that he's rich. You can't blame him for that.

edgy protagonists are all the rage so why not.

How the hell is slave harem ranked 4?

that novel barely does anything
several chapters in and he doesn't even find a single love interest let alone harem.

Why is Kazuma a scumbag?

crafty and doesn't play by the rules.
He's a utilitarian who has no problem calling out damedame girls.

He's an ass and tends to use unsavory tricks to win, like using girls as bait or threatening to steal their panties. He's not a bad person, in fact he's quite a good person. Still a scumbags.

>“Hey, it’s too early to make a decision like that. I’m having a headache about it, too. The current situation is like the pre-route split section you see in a lot of Japanese novels. Yeah, it’s gotta be that. All of the girls like me and a harem is being formed, after all… But you know, those two girls look pretty enough, but their inner selves aren’t too hot. And if this trend keeps up, I might raise flags for some other girls too. I think I should wait until later to make a decision, but what do you think I should do?”
>“I think you should go die."

The name alone must draw thousands of nerds.

>The name alone must draw thousands of nerds.
You think in an age of free information and never ending japanese recession otaku wouldn't blindly buy things even if it only 600 yen a book

Narou is basically fanfiction.net. Nobody's paying a cent until it gets officially published as a LN.

how can it be fanfiction?
the stories are not based on a pre-existing series

I thought that did get a publication. was it just repackaged for book format?

Isekai settings are so similar they might as well all be DQ fanfics.

> Kazuma
> Active
He actually suffers from "Must be lazy" syndrome. It's a rare disorder where he will go to any lengths today so he won't have to lift a finger tomorrow.

Unfortunately a goddess, perverse noble and screw loose wizard have ways of making huge messes everywhere they go.

A ton of isekai protagonists suffer from said syndrome.
Every one of them perpetually works their ass off to be able to reobtain the NEET life but they never actually manage to.

Waaaaay too many LNs basically have a plot revolving around the protagonist just doing their thing until suddenly something happens that forces them to take action.

Meanwhile you have Kazuma, who decides one day to go dungeon crawling to test out what he can do, and inadvertently sets up a return trip to the dungeon because Aqua came too and fucked everything up.

>“I suppose it’s good that there’s so many people, but… Well, my father started to recover during the festival. Those troubling lordship duties are finally over as of today, so from now on I can go on quests without reservations.”

>“Huh? What’re you talking about, don’t you know that I’m not doing any of those anymore? There’s finally no more reasons I should, after all. If I wanted money I could just use my Cooking skill to open up a restaurant with cute waitresses and cater to my hobbies and make a profit at the same time. I don’t need to go on quests anymore, right, Aqua?”

>“That’s right. I want to focus on educating Emperor Zell right now, so forget about quests. I used all of the money from Kazuma to rebuild the church, to fund next year’s festival, and on the banquet. From now on, I’ll be living leisurely off of Kazuma’s money, so I won’t be taking any dangerous quests. Yes, I want to live idly in this mansion everyday and be worshipped during the annual festival.”

Kazuma won at life already, he's content to rest on his laurels.

> Won at life
> Hasn't defeated demon king
So how long until the Demon king realizes that the Capital siege means nothing when shitty Axel wiped out about half of his elite generals? Is it time to make a personal appearance?

Next volume would be set in the capital again. With his daughter probably being the boss.

So yeah, can't imagine what he'll do if Kazuma manage to kill/seduce his daughter.

The guy from Konosuba is clownshoes tier, only succeeding because everyone else is an idiot.

Now my boy Touka, that's an asshole with style. He's not even a neet, he's a radish farmer/sex offender.

please post that sexy high thighs and a sling bikini dogeza he made his former master do after he pulled on over on her.

Since it's you.

Is this series ending soon?

Doesn't really seem like it.
They're just wrapping up a really long story arc though.

I thought it was moving towards the ending because arc bad guy seems like a series finale bad guy, but I wouldn't at all mind if it goes on because it's great.

Well, I think there's still a few more unresolved issues like snot nose nii-san and nudist-kun.

>It's a rare disorder where he will go to any lengths today so he won't have to lift a finger tomorrow.
Isn't that normal? Seems like the mean between chronic workaholic and procrastinator.

Kek people actually see him as a scumbag?

You need to watch or read more shit to see the actual definition of one.

In his defense you can also say that his group is pitiful and unreasonable for the most. Even the other guy who has been reincarnated with the magic sword behaves like an idiot just like that other fool with the spear in Yuusha no Nariagari. If he was not an idiot they could consider an alliance between them to better managing high grade quests.

wait...in fact, why Kazuma did not think about this?

Because Kazuma does not WANT to do high level quests. He wants to make bank and sleaze away the rest of his days.

To be fair after dying 4 times maybe he's not cut out to be a hero.

>everyone in the beginner town is unfazed by all the shit people from the royal capital are frightened by

Demon King better get his priorities straight.

Touka is also as likeable as Kazuma.

>Pic. Unrelated.

Yeah fuck off back to tumblr

>Implying I even visit Tumblr

I had a desperate yearning for more characters like Momoka

Don't forget his asshole of a Dad.

That list is shit. Where the fuck is Shinigami?

Did anybody say asshole MC?

And another.

Were you in the Soccer Spirits thread? If so, fuck off.

We need more series where the MC is the one who does the Netori

He's not bad!
He helps villagers grow crops!

>""""""weakest"""""" ability but it turns out he's actually the best!!!
It's incredible how often this happens.

>From now on, I’ll be living leisurely off of Kazuma’s money
Does she think she is Kazuma's wife?

He isn't. He know it but SOMEONE(s) keep finding all those damn bosses for him.

Doesn't want to be known as the demon king that was scared of the beginner town i guess.

>he's essentially a younger version of Rance
FTFY. He just needs to give one of his three harem bitches a good dicking to unlock his potential as a rapist. And even then he came pretty close to fucking Darkness more or less against her will.

She's Kazuma's cheat item, what's Kazuma's is hers.

>Ok with them being your average virgin neet just so long as they are really petty.
i.e. they're even more wish fulfilment for losers like yourself.