Is there a more underrated OVA than Spirit of Wonder?

Is there a more underrated OVA than Spirit of Wonder?

OVA thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dSZDimSu6IQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

qt

Miss China was pretty heart attack inducing, especially when she got really, really small.

>nipples

glorious 90's

Photon.

It doesn't really do justice to the manga art, the same reason I generally dislike anime like YKK and Aria

There's something magnificent about 90s tits, I think it's to do with the boing or elasticity of them but I love the movements of them.

>another lovely anime which will never get proper HD remaster on Blu-ray

I can't take it anymore, senpai

There are many good but obscure OVAs that almost never get mentioned on Sup Forums. E.g. Twilight Q

>when your show was cut from 4 episodes to 2

Birdy The Mighty needs an HD remaster. It's Kawajiri's best work.

This cracked me up

I really loved it when I watched it too. Needs more attention.

Sell it to me

It's a shame but those two episodes we got were still top. I've probably rewatched Dragon Half in entirety more than anything else because of how good and short it is.

I found it rather boring.

Holy shit

Literally only know this OVA from its hentai scenes. Why is such a badass girl made to look like such a wimp in the sex scenes?

Context?

Wizard Barristers was the dumbest shit imaginable. Same animator/character artist?

the manga is really good too, it's more of a shame that people don't read it

Because the sex scenes were shoehorned in for the sake of extra sales. You may notice that skipping them has literally zero impact on the plot.

they aren't even colored in. is there anything more obnoxious than nostalgiafags?

Yes.

>tfw Umetsu's first work from 1987 is leaps and bounds better than anything he's done as an accomplished animator

Radio City Fantasy

It's not underrated. It's fairly obscure, but it really doesn't deserve a lot of attention.

It lacked one important thing, budget

If you actually watch it you would know it wasn't her.

There are great series made on shoestring budgets. Also, WB had some budget, it just blew it on the first two episodes.

It didn't lack anything in budget. The problems with animation were down to poor time management.

Source? Is it mezzo forte?

yes

I liked the brief trend where a bunch of OVAs were made that were basically extended music videos, and it's one of the better ones. It's very hard to do interesting stories or flesh out characters in the length of a standalone ova, might as well just forgo it and play up style and atmosphere in some cases

Shinesman. The dub is really good too

youtube.com/watch?v=dSZDimSu6IQ

Seeing as I come from said time period, I don't find most of them obnoxious. What they go on about tends to at least have some merit.

Anons, the average BD release nipples these days look better than that.

Denpa teki na Kanojo

the thing about ovas that people dont appreciate, is that you can get a uniquely anime story that wouldn't otherwise be adapted into a full feature animated film.

>What they go on about tends to at least have some merit.
it doesn't though. it's 100% nostaliga goggles. anime titties have only gotten better since the 90s.

They never even released the manga in a non-flipped format. I've still got the original trade release though. I really enjoyed it and have been wondering how the OVA is.