Another

What does Sup Forums think of this anime?

I liked the pies

Please don't let my thread die

Extremely generic and forgettable.

10/10 masterpiece absolutely great, just like monotogogari series, just fucking nanda kore you know what's up kawaii aho desu ga ching chong ding dong.

Mei is cute and it was sort of fun, but overall it was pretty bad

Could've used more pies.

loved it tbqh
Was like a final destination movie where the main romance was cute and actually survived

Thoroughly enjoyed it thanks to Sup Forums. Participated in many a pie-making threads. I requested this one, I saw the scene and immediately knew it'd work well. To the pie Sup Forumsnon(s) out there, god bless your souls.

Has any other series spurred such quality OC since Another?

Mayoiga and GC are up there too.

>only similarity is a love interest with short, dark hair and an eyepatch
>HEY GUYS LET'S POST THEM IN THE SAME THREAD

It was really bad.

Aren't they basically the same person?

I liked it, but I also really like the Final Destination formula. Most people find it ridiculous, but for some people, getting hit by a truck is infinitely scarier than getting killed by a monster, because the former actually happens. Having the bad guy be a curse, is subtler, and more effective than traditional horror.

The other thing people shit on it for, is the ridiculous bodycount in the final arc. But I liked that too. The story made it pretty clear, that the more you thought about, and talked about, the curse, the more likely you were to be killed in that instant. See elevator girl, heart condition kid, and the family that tried to escape the village. So naturally, planning a class trip to try and "deal" with the curse is the worst thing you can possibly do. And announcing to everyone that the curse can be broken if you just hunt down and kill someone, dropping the facade completely, is inviting everyone's death. All of this again, makes the curse more spoopy. After all, if you're not allowed to even think about it, what can you do? How do you stop yourself from thinking about it once you're already afraid of it? Paranoid feedback loop.

But yeah, if you make a thread about it, you're really just asking for pies.

It was my first anime. Ended up laughing my way though all the shitty death scenes

Came for a load of silly death scenes. Got exactly, that, but they were interspersed between lengthy bouts of excessive exposition and very bad writing.