Spirit Circle Vol.6 extra

This may be among the last of our Mizukami threads for awhile.

Not much of an epilogue in my opinion though to be honest. Too nihilist. Like there was no point in reading the story in the first place. Samidare's set the bar really high.

>starved for love of the older male parental figure that treats you like shit

Koko truly female

That's it. Too short!

maybe we'll get a Shinsuke's missing years chapter in Sengoku Youko's final tank as karmic balancing.

I get why, but it's still garbage that it just ends. I wanted to see how Fuuta ended up.

Glass half-full I imagine Fuuta as the protagonist of Honeymoon Salad. Fuuta looks like the MC and Kouko looks similar (and has a similar personality to, as well as her name being a single letter away from) Youko too.

>that treats you like shit
But he was always caring for her. Even when she attacked him with the intent to kill he always held back.

Seriously? That's it? That's kinda dissapointing.

Best boy in the multiple Shinsuke deserves it.

multiverse*

Treating you like shit != doesn't care for you

Jeez man, step up your battered spouse game.

Didn's SY's last volume also come out today?

Aye.

Was already over the average page count for tanks I think, probably just didn't have the space to do more.

So whats Mizukami's plan now?

Man, I don't know what to think now. Biscuit Hammer was solid throughout with a nice, put-a-bow-on-it ending. Sengoku Youko had a weak start and a fantastic second half with a super fucking depressing ending. Spirit Circle was fantastic all the way up to the super vague life-goes-on ending.

Okay something caught my eye.

Did this page symbolize the "circle" of a vengeful spirit being quashed and Fuuta/Koko's souls returning to the natural spiral? With no animosity or inherent conflict between the souls?

Because the way we interpreted this back when 45 chapter came out was that now Fortuna has to go through his reincarnations (and will experience the same lives Fuuta saw) to get to become Fuuta and stop Fortuna and do the pre-established events and etc etc. But now it appears that this isn't the case and time is a sort of non-linear multiverse. Now Stona and Fone (and every iteration of their souls up to Houtarou) won't inherently dislike the other, creating entirely new lives and stories for Fone/Vann/Flors/Houtarou (since these all were primarily affected by Koko's and Fone's lingering hate).

I must be the only one who likes SY's first half better than Mr.Senya "Morals"-kun's OP LATENT POTENTIAL circlejerk.

I never even regarded Jinka as the protagonist anyways, since it was clearly told through Shinsuke's eyes.

Maybe he'll coast for awhile and raise his kid.

>psycho staff will never get an epilogue

Oh, I see, well that's a shame then.

Same. Senya was fine but every second through he story I never stopped thinking of him as a secondary character to Shinsuke.

Also holy fuck what an infuriating ending

>Shinsuke gets bullied the entire story by his """"""friends"""""""
>In the end he stops mountain bitch from eating the soul of one of them trough his actions
>Dies and his sous gets taken by another land god
>His """"""friends""""""" life an immortal life of happiness

I never cared for any of the MC of Sengoku Youko, I think that is its weakest point

People like the ending of Biscuit Hammer? Shit was so fucking disappointing that almost make me dislike the whole thing

Fuckin' based, it is a little interesting to see Kouko's side tho

Short but still, thanks user ur a best.

I never felt like it needed one.

Either she comes back and they get married or they respectively get NTR'd because they now lack a common ground since he doesn't have ESP anymore. Not much else could happen.

Or if you wanna go full pathos the MC waits like 70 years waiting for the girl (because he doesn't know how to get in touch with an alien) and dies before she returns because of some sci-fi "time dilation" fuckery.

Exactly. Literally almost every other character is laughing it up having a blast spending eternity together.

"Muh immortal curse" BULLSHIT, YOU'RE MORE SOCIAL AND WELL-ADJUSTED THAN YOU WERE DURING YOUR NORMAL LIFESPAN.

It makes even less sense since Shinsuke would be the one human to be immortal (living as a soul bound to some shit or something) because of his deal with Hanatora.

I mean I guess I'd feel bad for Tsukikko or Shakugan too, but they both felt completely tacked on towards the end so I couldn't care less if they were mortal or not.

>Senya
>happy
>has a god that leads him astray so he can forever wander trying to find his way back home to Tsukiko/Nau/Shinsuke

Just finished off the last chapters of SY.

IIRC, didn't Senya promise to try and find some solution to the Tribe of the Void's shit? And since nothing shows he ever did, are we supposed to assume they all bit the dust?

The solution was for them to get fucked and pay back all the fate that they had abused. The midget Void guy wouldn't accept it and kept looking, but everyone else accepted the fortune teller's answer.

He did-ish.

>Shakugan
>"...Shinsuke-sama?"
>"ZZzZZZZZzzzz."
>"You look a bit different Shinsuke..."
>"See ya' Senya, you even got some bullshit eternal youth despite being the exact same type of demon-human hybrid as me d'ntcha? Meanwhile my husband is gonna be a loli's slave for all eternity, but don't mind that, just go have fun wandering around and acting like a cool an mysterious loner despite having hundreds of friends and family and an entire village."

Literally Shakugan's entire role after the first part.

Well yeah, but I thought Senya said that he was going to try and figure out something instead.

Other Void guy did, can't remember about Senya

Anyways they're not dead, they just had to give up their hax

He does that because he's trying to seem cool and aloof whilst he's actually just avoiding the responsibility he naturally has as the co-founder of a fucking village.

He's a fucking chuuni at age 200+.

Fuckign idiots shoulda just made spaceships instead of ripping holes in dimensions to travel to feudal Japan and kidnap 2 teenagers and then harvest their demonic lifeforce to change the spiral of causality tbph

From the way that cat talked, they'd keep getting disasters happen to them as a side effect of dicking around with luck or whatever they were doing

So if it wasn't that space rock it'd just be something else

Yes, but it makes you question the rationality of the people who decided to go with the aforementioned plan of kidnapping japanese people instead of just leaving the planet.

Maybe they had more than five people working on solutions

How lame, how about destroying the universe and remaking it in a shape that most benefits you?

>mass planetary evacuation
>two chumps from bumfuck future
Makes sense to me.

>wanting to be inhuman
>wanting to extend his natural lifespan

Doesn't seem like shinsuke to me

Senya said their struggle wasn't in vain since he existed it was proof that the Tribe of the Void continued existing in some way

Knock it off Wind.

That ain't the point. Problem is that Shinsuke becomes the most based character in the story and doesn't even get to die in freedom, whileTama "literally the same as her mom" and Yamato "ow the edge" Jinka get the happiest possible ending despite fucking up every step of the way.

>seals it in a closed circle
Oh, so that is what the philosophical meaning behind the spirit circle, as in the tool.
I can't believe it took me so long to understand it this way.

What the fuck would he know about that anyways? Two people with white-silver hair existing in a multiverse must have a closely interconnected linear ancestry?

That is a huge logical leap Senya-kun.

While it was too short, it was still sweet.
It felt like all of the message that Mizukami wished to tell us boiled down into this few pages.

Silver haired people with the magical eye are a creation of the Tribe because of their innate ability to alter the world around them and they did concede his point about that, while their civilization was probably kicked back they managed to survive and were able to have offspring, you also should remember that in SY they use linear time travel instead of the dimension hopping the souls did in SC

>"Koko get on that cock"

Beutiful

Right. Powerlevels are too high, I see that.

Alright how about this

We destroy the EARTH

Now listen here, we destroy the Earth BUT

We use the energy to go back in time... so we can destroy the Earth again!

Earlier on in SY didn't they tell him they think he's their descendant?

Wait was that really how Animus travelled backwards in time? Wasn't it just because he and Anima were just impossibly powerful?

>Dies and his sous gets taken by another land god
Yes, by a fucking qt3.14 loli exhibitionist land goddess.
A whole different ballpark from our dear mountain bitch here, I think that is a win if you ask me.

Gets to hang out with best shogun too

I honestly don't know about that her having exclusive rights to his soul, after all the shogun did end up together with all the demons inside the jewel

Because she gave Senya the soul when he was getting pushed around by Void bullies

If that were the case he would have gone to the big bang from the start.

The soul was inside the sword and Hanatora took the sword back immediately after that one chapter and we never saw it again.
Shinsuke is in a dildo.

Anima slowed him down by imposing the knights, didn't she?

>Lets Shinsuke leave because his soul is worthless
>He stops Yazen for good by himself, plus becomes the creator and master of the technique that solved the plor, also a spiritual leader for both demons and human.

Wew, talk about throwing a winning lottery ticket into the trash, she probably feels really doumb now.

>I wanna be a fox demon like Inuyasha
Not edgy enough.
He needs to be saying he wants to be a fox demon like Seshomaru.

If I remember correctly he was merely humoring his sister with that game.

>Animus smashes the Earth
>This sends him and Anima back in time
>Animus repeats this once or twice, I forget
>Anima tries to introduce rules and turn it into a game to try and stop him without hurting her brother
>Animus accepts
>Anima loses over and over and over again
>Anima and Animus keep going back in time every time
>Eventually we reach the present day

Spirit Circle ended on an upbeat note, I'm not sure how I feel about Fuuta forgetting the past lives. At least Senya remembers

Nice

I dont see how you're meant to when Shinsuke outshines everyone else combined besides maybe the tiger bro

Pre-timeskip Tama was pretty good imo

And then she stopped showing up

I'd say worst girl, but shes actually the second best after tsuhiko because the others are so shit

he has a wife, kids, assload of friends, and basically became a lord which given his original dream of being a samurai was not so far away from the original outcome.

pretty sure the guy died happily

>spends eternity with mountain loli
don't really see that as a bad thing either

can't really disagree with Jinka being an otherkin bitch tho

>My romance is now an age gap, I'm a goddamn oyajicon!!
Amazing.

He should at least remember that he HAD them, right? Unless he just completely forgets everything about how he met Koko.

Koko or Kouko?

Yuki Onna was cute (albeit unnecessary). So was the bakeneko that's hinted to have been added to Shinsuke's harem in 98.

Hanatora is best though

The contemporary incarnation.

It's a perfectly valid romanization of her name anyway.

Yeah, that's what I believe happened too. Just like how Fuuta's future was changed, Fortuna's was too.

I'm mad that he didn't just keep a diary of his entire adventure because it went against muh "all's well that end's well" and coming of age theme. Being an adult means everything is boring and you've forgotten all the cool stuff that makes your insignificant little life worthwhile I guess.

I'm also wondering if he'll forget East and Rune too.

When you look at whole of Mizukami's work, doesn't it give the impression that the guy's writing based off experience? What kind of edgy chuuni fucker do you suppose he was when he was young enough to be one?

I imagine Mizukami's entire childhood stuck in the opening chapters of 20th Century Boys for some reason.

The point is that being an adult the right way is even more fulfilling, especially now that they've had those lifetimes of experience and they're not crushed by hatred anymore. It might not be as interesting, but that was Fuuta's goal from the start.

And he won't forget East and Rune because he'll be their dad.

Much thanks.

>being an adult the right way is even more fulfilling
Please, the ultimate level of fulfillment in the Mizukamiverse is 1 of 4 gods sitting around all day playing D&D for karma points.
>And he won't forget East and Rune because he'll be their dad.
But will he remember why his daughter calls him "Master~"?

I think the point was that fuuta now get's to live his own life instead of being influence by the past.
Essentially, a symbolism for looking toward an unknown future.
Beside, even if he did forget, it is not like he forgot the lessons and moral of the story, right?
I mean, even if you forget a past event, a lesson taught then will remain, especially if it held a lot of significance.

Reminder

hm

I think everyone understands that it's a thematic thing but still, it just feels a big disappointing. Like 90% of the manga wasn't nessecary and the reader. It's like when a tv show or book do a "it was all a dream". Even the whole multiverse stuff feels like a showstopper because it basically means that the outcome of the manga doesn't matter because some other universe somewhere had a the bad end that this one avoided.

Besides Lafalle and Lapis did fine not being influenced and at the same time having fun recounting their various lives. It was cute.

>and the reader
for the reader

>Besides Lafalle and Lapis did fine not being influenced

That's not being influenced? Not a single past life shared those opinions. Fortuna was even the fucking complete opposite.

Just realized this
>In Lapis/Lafalle's time there is a 0 mortality rate
>The human race manipulates the fate of souls
>Probably inadvertently using fate power
>The karmic re-balancing manifests itself as a meteor in the case of their SY incarnations
>The black hole weapons going off is likely a result of karmic re-balancing

Also the crater was mentioned to be too small in Fortuna's time, so it's likely the Earth we saw in Lafalle and Lapis' universe was indeed destroyed.

Now here's the kicker: what if the crater in Fortuna's universe was caused by a meteor impact...

Reaching I know, but still, makes you think.

>what if the crater was caused by a meteor impact

Yeah but there's the who PA system above it in Fortuna's time.

Someone find a moonspeaker to tell us what the tank extra is.

bump for plz

>the Earth we saw in Lafalle and Lapis' universe was indeed destroyed
It's pretty clear that Fortuna comes way after that, the Earth was fine. The tower wasn't.