Baki Dou 95

ayyo
notes I have for this chapter: the spectators must be extremely short-sighted, and I went with pac-man.

spinybackmanga.com/?manga=Baki Dou&chapter=Chapter 095 Tooth and nail#page=1

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/magazine-20135674
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jack's a big guy

...but unfortunately I didn't get to meme it into the script

those anatomy so fucked up

I'm only now realizing that Itagaki might have been trying to go meta with the pac-man thing, in reference to this page

Regardless, Motobe is a dick in this chapter.

s'all i'm posting; read the rest/post/commentate on your own

ok I guess I'll try again later

Thanks

Right, now I've got a reason to bump my own post. Ratman uploaded v20 of Grappler Baki to batoto, right when I'd finished doing 171. Life sucks, but hey, another volume is out there for us all to read!

Okay, normally I wouldn't debase myself by stooping to WFP's level, but I feel particularly compelled to do so in this case. Come on, now.

Saw WFP's latest post on the batoto page for Grappler Baki.

Felt like I stepped back 7 years or so; thought the guy would've mellowed out by now, but he's still singing the same tune.

Right? He's as nuts as ever; at most, he's become a different kind of nut. His early posts online were more schizophrenic, and his recent stuff seems more... I don't know, borderline.

I know people will keep feeding him money, and that really bums me out. Just make the damn series public, and maybe you'll get more 'subscribers' or whatever he calls his cash-flow now. The whole "holding a series hostage" thing has gotten way too old.

Yuuji don't look right here.

Come on guys, you've got a volume and a half of content to discuss. So... discuss something. Post.

Would it help if I said that chapter 112 of Dou ends by saying that Musashi and Pickle are going to have a rematch? We should have the next raw chapter in 3-4 days.

>ripped out all his teeth
fuck

Somehow teeth trauma makes me cringe more than eye trauma.

it would be cool if Baki trained Pickle to use techniques (he already sorta did in their fight)

On one hand, a shame Jack is getting jobbed so hard. On the other hand Motobe is really badass

erry tiem

This was a painful read after just having a tooth pulled couple of days ago.

That's what makes the first series so gross/uncomfortable at times. Teeth flying everywhere, or being pulled out by hand. Makes me shudder.

Oh boy, I should have expected that.

Goddamnit.

I saw it coming, but I just hoped no one would go that low.

I don't get it. Is that Prison School?

There's a page of a girl grabbing a guy's neck that is blatantly phallic; he cropped the girl out and stuck her hand on Jack's weird-looking neck.

Oh cool, time to reread the whole series.

>decide to marathon series from the start
>watch/read it all in a few days
Feels weird going through like 20 years worth of material in such a short span.

Also what the FUCK was up with that Ali Jr bullying at the end of New Grappler Baki.
>dude is in a cast and all bandaged up; obviously not in fighting condition
>doppo and the others still keep coming to beat his ass down
>his own dad comes to beat the shit out of him even though he's in crutches

Sorry that I haven't made better versions of like chapters 40-70 or whatever ones the sjump guy did yet; been in lots of physical therapy. Lurching over a computer is really bad for actually maintaining physical rehabilitation, so I've been trying to avoid the urge to edit pages.

I'll get around to it, I swear.

#1. Was Motobe smoking out of cans in GB? What chapter is that from, if you know? It's weird that that's something which Itagaki actually remembered.

#2.
>Also what the FUCK was up with that Ali Jr bullying at the end of New Grappler Baki.
You can't deny that this page is fucking hilarious

I don't remember the chapter unfortunately.
I just capped it because the shit typesetting was funny to me.

"Biting is prohibitet" is also one of those gems.

Man was that early stuff shitty. Not that NGB was a lot better in terms of grammar and spelling but at least it had decent typesetting, in spite of writing "strenght" a lot.

Was just rewatching the anime with the shitty dub and it in ironically Yujiro was telling Jack to not bite through clothing since he risks of losing all his teeth from their rooths if the opponent pulls back.

Also is Memetobe based on a real peson?There's this guy in garouden that has teh same fighting style and looks extremely similar.

Yeah, I remembered that too. Jack is not the brightest guy so I'm honestly surprised it took this long for it to actually happen.

>is Memetobe based on a real peson
bbc.com/news/magazine-20135674
>Japan's era of shoguns and samurai is long over, but the country does have one, or maybe two, surviving ninja
Probably, but not the person you're thinking of.

That is something that Yuujiro tells Jack, but in all fairness, Jack would have chomped off a part of Motobe's shoulder if the blazer wasn't aramid fiber. That's not something he could have reasonably predicted.

>Also what the FUCK was up with that Ali Jr bullying at the end of New Grappler Baki.

It was fun.
Do you hate fun?

So how many chapters till we get Baki VS CLONE BAKI?

Him beating both Doppo and Shibukawa was pretty retarded and not very fun though,and with Doppo's case it even seemed that he was trying to actually beat Ali Jr. but he simply wasn't good enough.

That character should have never existed really it was a completely anticlimactic end to New Grappler Baki.

I'd rather see Baki vs ancient alien Hanmas from the Levant desu,i feel that Itagaki should at the very least tell us the origin of the Hanma blood.

I think part of the problem is just WFP translations. I haven't bothered to actually check the Ali Jr arc, but I'm sure there's a lot of context and implication that they just flat-out ignored or didn't pick up on.

The whole "real fight" thing is a theme that's existed throughout the entire franchise and is always distinct from a match. When Strydum says that the fight between Yuujiro and Baki (in childhood arc) is over, he refers to it as a match in the Japanese, before realizing that Yuujiro intends to kill Baki. With that as a basic example, I'm sure the Ali Jr arc would make far more sense with more faithful translations.

In Korakuen matches, people like Shibukawa, Doppo, Retsu, and Baki aren't trying to permanently cripple their opponents. They're just trying to knock them out/down. So a real fight for Doppo, Jack and Shibukawa would be one where they try to permanently or semi-permanently injure their enemy - in this case, Ali Jr, and the difference is quite clear. Jack almost murdered Jr, Shibukawa destroyed one of his hands and nose (iirc), and Doppo broke the rest. I won't argue that the arc was *well written*, but it had sound logic behind it.