So what will become of Homura now that she has cut herself from the crew? Why did she fall off the cliff?

So what will become of Homura now that she has cut herself from the crew? Why did she fall off the cliff?

Her aiyo is too strong

I don't understand either of these sentences

The same thing that happens in every other arc for this series.

>Character makes a wish
>Character fights against the status quo
>Character begins their fall
>Character has a relization that they've gone against everything they believe in
>Character will ultimately be redeemed in death and gain a sense of catharsis

All roads lead to death, but death is not a bad thing.

Even if she states she's okay with everything and feels guilty, she's still only fighting the status quo and has yet to truly regret her decision and only received a brief sense of catharsis, in that she told herself everything was okay as long as Madoka was safe. Next movie/season will deal with the fall out and have her realize she's actually hurting Madoka. The goal is not for Homura to get her ass beat because that doesn't actually address or solve anything; it's for her to realize the gilded cage that she's set up is only extending her suffering and by extension hurting Madoka.

And of course, that catharsis will result in her sitting by Madoka's side for eternity and ending her loneliness. Madoka will be reunited with her literal and metaphorical half.

Grabbing Kyouko butt.

Cut herself off? Hahaha, she was barely a part of the crew to begin with. Her relationship with anyone besides Madoka is so tenuous it's amazing anyone could consider her a part of the "crew."

This. Homura was a lone wolf.

She only cared about Madoka.

To be fair, she has 100 timelines of reasons to hate the others. Even then, she still gives them a pretty sweet life in her new yuri sex dungeon.

There really isn't a crew to begin with. At best, there was a MamiMadoHomu triio in the early timelines, but there never really was a Holy Quintet.

How strong is too strong?

When?

When Homura accepts her and ends the dream.

*Her death

But if Homura dies then she will leave Madoka behind.

So rebellion was a lie?

They're going to die together this time. All the Swan Lake stuff and the imbalance in Wraith Arc seems to be indicating that the only way for them to be together without the universe collapsing is in death/concepthood.

Sayaka probably does that at every opportunity

We get it. No need to rely to yourself.

You have to bring it back around, I think. Homura going full devil is partly because she wants to be with Madoka, but not wholly, I think. Her Witch scene in Rebellion focused a lot on the scene when she kills Madoka, right before going full cold mode. I think that the point is that it was a moment where she felt she did something unforgivable, and the rest of the series is about her trying to achieve redemption. The problem is that, in the end, Madoka took that chance away from her. It's not uncommon for Butcher to use as a theme the idea of purely selfless acts taking away and individual's ability to save themself. So, Homura wanted to be with Madoka, but wasn't willing to be taken up in to magical girl heaven, because she still hadn't forgiven herself, so instead she brings Madoka down to her level. She's desperate and knows she's in the wrong, but she doesn't know where to go.

The intro gave me hope for them to hunt together.

Being Homura is suffering.

She said she is the devil because Madoka was a divine figure and who else would take down such a thing than a devil?

Anything new with Wraith Arc?

>So what will become of Homura now that she has cut herself from the crew?
Look forward to the next film.
>Why did she fall off the cliff?
Because Homura wanted to lean on Madoka but she has already gone except in Homura's heart.

>All roads lead to death, but death is not a bad thing.
There is a big difference between views of life and death of the Christian and Buddhist religions. Christianity defines salvation after death as that a departed soul will go to heaven through the Last Judgment. It means you are going to join God's eternal life after your death. Meanwhile, in Buddhism, you must gain release from this morass-like vortex, Nehan (nirvana) is reached only through the power of wisdom (Gedatsu in prajna). Suicides means Rinne Tensho (all things being in flux through the endless circle of birth, death, and rebirth, the circle of transmigration). A struggle for existence through transmigration of soul is like the condition of being imprisoned in a jail. Buddhism tells you that you never come back to Rinne again. The object is the Gedatsu and the Satori (to attain spiritual enlightenment).

I wonder what Magica Quartet will make about Homura's death. I personally think Madoka Magica is the union of religions descending from Abraham and Buddhism. Especially, the concept of Messiah and the explanation about the contents written above.

Although Homura may have brought Madoka into an attitude of abasement, she did not need to call herself "Devil". Homura had to prevent Kyubey from experiment on Law of Cycles and need to remake Madoka's universe by rewriting her law. If Sayaka would like to recover Madoka's universe in Movie 4, Sayaka carefully needs to consider whether to destroy Homura's unstable world, because Homura has suppressed Kyubey, who has tried to experiment on Law of Cycles.

To live is to suffer.

I'll buy Kirara Magica 26 tomorrow.

Why the shit does Sayaka have such a terrible fashion sense

Why the shit does that image look bad?

Death. Madoka never lived her and now knows Homura is hopelessly evil. The only answer is the one that would make Madoka happiest, murdering her abusive stalker.

Reminder that Homura never did a single good thing for anyone and deserved to die before she even contracted.

Shut up Lawnchair.

Sayaka sexually harassed Kyoko surreptitiously as if K****-kun had denied flirting with A****-chan.

Because of Kapplin!

Is this your new meme, samefag? Why do you love me so much? You'd like me to stay beside you but you don't know how to express affection..

>Madoka never lived her

Just ignore his typos.

Oyasumi.

All the reasons are the same.

>I wonder what Magica Quartet will make about Homura's death
>In Japanese theatre and literary tradition, double suicides are the simultaneous suicides of two lovers whose ninjo, "personal feelings", or love for one another are at odds with giri, "social conventions" or familial obligations.
>Lovers committing double suicide believed that they would be united again in heaven, a view supported by feudal teaching in Edo period Japan, which taught that the bond between husband and wife is continued into the next world, and by the teaching of Pure Land Buddhism wherein it is believed that through double suicide, one can approach rebirth in the Pure Land
>Unwilling to live without her, Siegfried chooses to die with Odette and the lovers throw themselves into the lake, reuniting in death for all eternity.

Is it really isn't that hard to figure out

Madoka will get through to her and she will get better.

Oh look, we even have our Black Swan.

And Madowraith is in this concept movie leak if you look at the white orbs coming off of Madoka.

This is Wraith arc? I need to catch up on that still.

I'd just wait til it's done. It's not that it's bad, it just ends on a fucking cliff hanger every issue.

All of a sudden people think Wraith arc isn't complete and utter garbage just because it had some yuri fanservice in the latest issue?

No, I agree, Wraith Arc is terrible. But I'm half way through it though, so I might as well finish.

And as much as I'm a fan of MadoHomu, the yuri "fanservice" is what's taking what could have been a decent story away. Homura going with the wraith because it's wearing Madoka's face is something right out of an h-doujinshi

I am doing this. Got spoilered on some, but oh well.

>Majuu-hen chapter 7 spoiler summary:
>- Kyouko vs W-Sayaka. Meanwhile, Mami vs W-Kyouko and W-Mami. They both are losing, restrainted by wraiths. Kyouko is hair-grabbed and something, but she’s the MVP of this chapter.
>- Wraiths can go back in time, like Homura did in main series.
>- Homura loses her emotion energy, becomes soulless, doesn’t have any words.
>- W-Madoka takes Homura’s ribbon again, turns into Magical girl Madoka form. And Mami can see W-Madoka in that form.
>- Seems like the Giant Wraith is coming and W-Madoka is trying to fight againts it alone… (This scene… doesn’t it look like the battle with Walpurgis Night?)
>Another information:
>- Magical girls with soul gem that turns dark due to using magic can be saved by LoCs. But if they are lost emotion energy by wraiths, they can’t be saved.

Aside from these garbage plot twists and turns, Madoka's universe is shit.

Holy shit, this is pure garbage.

The wraith arc is really getting that bad?

>Majuu seems to want to help and may actually be developing feelings for Homura

I'm so done.

Do the first 2 movies add anything at all or can I just skip to the third one?

Nothing worthwhile. They take things away in fact.

They don't add anything new plotwise, but they're better animated than the show, and can be a good refresher if it's been a while since you saw it. They also explain some things more clearly than the show did.

Two major differences
-It's explained that just by existing, magic is used, Thus Sayaka could not just stop being a magical girl. Some people took issue with that nkt being stated im the original series.
-Homura grieves Kyouko's death and sits in a cementary asking Kyubey why he felt the need to do this. I think it's implied it's at the church in Kazamino. It's a good scene and shows that Homura is a human being with feelings.

To be fair, by removing that Sayaka scene, it makes it less awkward when Madoka thanks Homura for everything she did.

She throws herself off the cliff because metaphorical suicide.

She associates with Majuuka literally because she has no other options. She explicitly states that she does not trust Majuuka, and even sticks a pipe bomb between them as Majuuka is hugging her.

That being said, assuming is accurate, I have no idea what the fuck they're doing in terms of writing direction.

>She associates with Majuuka literally because she has no other options.
The whole "Save me from being a magical girl" is what I had an issue with. But it appears Majuuka is legitimately protecting Homura and watching over her, even if she is an asshole. She could have easily just throw Homura in a corner to rot, but it looks like she's trying to comfort her. I think it's because of taking on Homura's ai yo and seeing what she's seen and felt.

I don't take issue with it. Homura reaches the conclusion that her memories were a fabricated by herself so that she could delude herself into thinking she had a reason to live. She believes that the real Madoka does not exist in any form at all-- that the Law of Cycles is not Madoka. She's basically saying "end my suffering" (being meguca IS suffering, after all), which is completely reasonable based on her state of mind.

I don't mind that Majuuka appears to care for Homura, I take issue with the following:

>Magical girls with soul gem that turns dark due to using magic can be saved by LoCs. But if they are lost emotion energy by wraiths, they can’t be saved.
> Wraiths can go back in time, like Homura did in main series.

1. Madoka's world needs a reason to suck. I agree though, this directly goes against the entire point of the end of the series. But it at the same time gives Akuma Homura a possible purpose in duality.

2. I'm not happy with that either. Time stop was fine, rewind is not. The rewind was supposed to represent an unending cycle of death and rebirth. Bringing it back shits over the ending.

Madoka's world DOES suck in some meaningful form. It's an improvement over the witch world, but it's still far from idea. Being meguca is still suffering, and on top of that, chapters 3-5 do a fine job of explaining that Homura gets completely shafted. On the other hand, introducing the notion that magical girls can't be saved by the Law of Cycles and instead turn into vegetables renders the series finale pointless. Rebellion was meant to challenge Madoka's wish, not outright reject it. This destroys any meaning that the wish had.

And there will be no end of plotholes if wraiths really do end up time-traveling.

No, I completely agree. One of the big things with Homura rebellion is that she would have been the only meguca to actively deny her salvation. Yet come to find out, there are countless magical girls across time and space who are denied salvation only because they became comatose and I guess were unable to feel despair. This completely rendering Madoka's wish and sacrifice completely meaningless.

The time travel thing is going to get horrific.

Non-reader here. Is all of this canon?

So I'm wondering, if a magical girl is completely robbed of her emotions by wraith, that means she cannot use magic, right? That would mean that her body would eventually decay, since magic is needed to sustain the body. That would eventually lead to death, but what happens then? Does the Law of Cycles kick in at this point, or is the soul simply destroyed in the same manner a normal person's soul is?

The implication was that Wraith Arc would be sort of semi-canon, a la The Different Story. From what it seems, the latest chapter has introduced a bunch of points that contradict the series and make no logical sense in context.

Soul would most likely just be destroyed in a similar way witchdom destroyed it. The wraith literally eats their soul and just leaves a shell.

when does the new movie come out Sup Forums? I wanna see madoka fuck homura at the ball already.

I'll assume it doesn't matter then, and continue working with just what's been animated

From what it seems, one would hope so. But it's a damn shame because Wraith Arc brought up a lot of interesting points.

>chapters 3-5 do a fine job of explaining that Homura gets completely shafted.
One thing that is bothering me is direction of the series at this point seems like nothing but Homura bullying. If we include Wraith Arc, episode 10 onward is focused on literally nothing but Homura fucking up and failing. And I'm worried the new project is bound to just be more of the same.

>That wedding band
Minimum late 2017. No promises though.

>minimum late 2017

damn well ill wait for a while I guess.

More in likely, the first public teaser would most likely be show during Kizumonogatari Part 3. Rebellion took roughly 2 ad a half years to make, so it would make sense that it's not going to be out anytime before 2017. More and likely Spring or fall of 2018.

I can sort of see where you're coming from, but I think it's alright in that almost all of Homura's problems stem from factors beyond her control. It may be a bit overkill, but at the same time, it shows that most of the shit that happens is not Homura's fault; she's trying to do good but the circumstances are against her. The only time she decisively wins is when she condemns herself to being a devil, and takes the universe into her own hands, but she ends up hating herself for it.

I do share your worry about the new project, though. I would hope it vindicates Homura more than anything else.

damn, I thought they were making this since rebellion came out. Oh well then I still have illya season4.

>The Love Suicides at Sonezaki
>Swan Lake

>Siegfried = Tokubey = Homura
>Odette = Ohatsu = Madoka
>Von Rothbart = Kuheiji = Kyubey

LOL

However, you forgot Kyubey's existence. If Madoka and Homura would disappear together in Movie 4, Kyubey could control the universe. If MadoHomu would beat Kyubey and go far away, the universe might die. It is different from the two theaters. When this story ends, MadoHomu must turn into new laws and control the universe and Kyubey, because they cannot afford to just kill Kyubey to maintain the universe.

You forgot one thing: if Homura and Madoka remake the universe and their existence is now only on the conceptual olane, Kyubey would have never learned about the LoC and thus never constructed the isolation field. Homura purposely took him into the new universe in order to remind him why she was going to wreck his shit for eternity. Madoka never did this and thus Kyubey neevr knew what the LoC was.

Can someone explain to me the purpose of all the Nutcracker imagery in Rebellion? It appears to be tied to Homura in the same way The Little Mermaid is to Sayaka, but the parallels don't seem as obvious to me.

Broken nut cracker can't crack nuts and has no purpose other than being junk. Homira with no Madoka to save has no purpose and thus becomes the one magical girl who can never have her wish granted.

Homulilly is the nutcracker witch. Homura herself has only one purpose-- protect Madoka. When she can no longer fulfill that, as Homulilly, she orders her own execution. The guillotine comes down not on her neck, but across her skull, severing her at the jaw. A nutcracker doll with a broken jaw cannot crack nuts; this is Homura's failure, her futility of existence.

As an aside, one of the tracks on the OST is "Walpurgis Nux" that is, not "Walpurgis Night" but rather "Walpurgis Walnut"-- the nut Homura could never crack.

I told you the story after Rebellion. Do you want to ignore Rebellion?

I see, and that makes Madoka Clara. And this may be a reversal of the way that Homura saw the situation, since she wants to be the savior, which is part of her breakdown.

Homura purposely allowed Kyubey to keep his memories so he would know why she's never going to let up on him. If they rewrite everything one more time, Homura never explains to Kyubey what the LoC was because Homura doesn't exist and thus the temporal anomoly is finally erased.

Kyubey was still aware of the Law of Cycles based on the legend among magical girls. Homura simply gave him more information to work with. He could still be a threat, potentially.

Up until this moment right here, Kyubey spent millenia never know what the Law of Cycles was. Kyubey considers curiosity illogical and a waste of time. If Homura is never there to tell him, Kyubey would never waste time searching out the Law of Cycles because it dodn't concern him. He was only interested in the LoC because it brought back witches, a more efficient grief gathering system. He doesn't care about the LoC because he doesn't know about witches.

He doesn't know about witches. That was the only reason he was interested in the LoC in so far as it could create a more efficient grief gathering system. Homura was the only one who knew about witches.

Destroy the wraiths!

Moemura never fought against wraiths.

That's a bit wide for a wedding band. Also weird that she has the soul gem in transformed mode while wearing a school uniform now that I think of it. And I thought it was less rounded than that.