Chemical regulations

Redpill me on chemicals Sup Forums.

I've been pissing bromine for a week after starting iodine. Apparently bromide/bromine is found in flame retardants/pesticides/food and is a known endocrine disruptor. I'm feeling a lot better, and I'm p spooked about what else is currently cucking my body.

Also, why the hell are/were these things not only legal in most states, but mandatory?

nobody REACHed out to you yet? that‘s one thing the Euro‘s did well.

nope. I knew the EU bans a lot of substances that the US doesn't, but I didn't know it was actually a big deal.

the difference is quite simple: Industry must prove their product is safe or that it has been classified adequately.
the Brits will have an issue with that as soon as they are >>/out/. we implemented it via bilatteral agreement

back to your question - bromides arenused as flame retardants and if a material isn‘t inert or doesn‘t burn it must be tainted with flame retardants to ensure the consumer has enough time to vacate the burning house.
I would not be too concerned with bromides, pesticides and air pollution by the oil and pladtics industry is worse, not to mention PFOA.

typo‘s everywhere.. if you have mold in your house then that will fuck you before all the things I mentioned in the previous post

Man I'm glad I got an air filter with UV.

>inb4 that is also cancer

yet glyphosate is still legal in the EU... makes you think

that‘s useless unless it‘s activated carbon and you replace it regulary.
we all die, deal with it.

yes it is, so it is in the US. why? because the scientists got fucked over by the ebil part of the EU.
I was strangely amused finding out glyphos leads to autism and worse braindamage and there is apparently more scientific proof compared to the vaxxer meme

Didnt they use bromine in tea for soldiers to reduce horniness?

Also, what is the best method of tapwater filtration? So far I only have a charcoal filter and I transfer the water from the plastic container (brita) into a glass body immediately.
Reverse osmosis?

RO and charcoal for chemicals, UV for bacteria and fungi.
but you‘ll need a source for the minerals you remove by RO.

how the fuck do you KNOW that you're pissing bromine?

meme theory, take supplement, piss bromine.

So then you don't actually know if it's doing shit. I'm not convinced it's worth $20.

exactly. discussing the differences in regulation of chemicals is an interesting topic nonetheless.

it's only interesting to me if I know what to actually do about it. I want to know what to swallow, breathe, eat, sleep on, and otherwise expose myself to in order to stay healthy. I don't want to bullshit and speculate about what might be working based on new-age rumors.

sorry m8, you‘ll need to relocate then. US industry doesn‘t want consumers to know much.
but we all die sometime.

I'll bet Swiss stuff is full of flame retardants as well thanks to EU regulations.

God I hate the EU so much...

Kek!
You never lied
>you're gonna dieeeee
Well, no shit.

Pay attention then famalam
The spoon feeding days are over

of course it is, but REACH is the only thing the EU got right. make industry pay for safety evalutions, not making the consumers hurt by a substance have to proove it is poison.

It's not bromine
it's brominated flame retardants, which are organobromine compounds, often polybrominated diphenyl ethers, or polybrominated biphenyl
the reason they are endocrine disruptors is because they are structurally similar to hormones, like thyroid hormones
bromine itself is just a halogen and is structurally similar to uh... chlorine. Iodine.

but yes, the hope is we can ban these fucking things, but the companies are crafty and can quickly invent new, similar chemicals and put them out to market faster than it can be proven they fuck people up
especially endocrine disruptors, which are most dangerous as developmental toxicants, and whose effects might not even be fully known for years

exactly that‘s where REACH kicks in. not sure how it‘ll affect CETA tho