Fairy Tail and the Big Three

Is Fairy Tail considered to be in the Big 3 yet?

first, fairy tail isn't even in Jump which is where the big 3 are located.

second, no. It's shit.

Does an anime really have to be in Jump to be in the Big 3? I figured that given its popularity it would eventually over take one of the 3. Maybe Bleach since the anime has stopped airing.

>fyi I, the OP, do not follow any of these anime or manga. I was merely curious as to the state of the Big 3 in this day and age.

It's been selling more than Bleach for a few years now, but neither are in the top 10 anymore. The Big Three as a thing is dying now that Naruto ended (sort of) and Bleach is on its last arc. Then again, FT is near/on its last arc too, and may well finish before Bleach due to pacing.

>first, fairy tail isn't even in Jump which is where the big 3 are located.
That too.

No you drooling retard. The big 3 is a term for the top 3 series that was the most popular in the West at a certain point. Naruto, Bleach and One Piece.

It's not about what are the current most popular series.

Any predicted runner ups to the Big 3?

From my current observations. The Big 3 (meaning to me the most popular long running shounen series) of this decade seem to be Naruto, One Piece, and Fairy Tail. I was wondering if anyone else was thinking the same thing.

Don't matter what you think. The definition of the big 3 won't change.

ignoring the fact that you are wrong, I am curious as to what metrics you're basing this off of.

So what will the next big three be? I can see One Piece dominating for another decade the way things are going.

>actually caring about the big 3

Shingeki no Kyojin has been #2 or 3 in the last few years. Season 2 might give it a fresh boost. The Seven Deadly Sins has been #2 for the last couple years, and is relatively new. #1 is still One Piece.

Caring about a cancerous tri-fecta that only brings braindead normalfags here

FUCK NO!
Current Big 3 are OP Bleach and MHA

Big 3 is for the top 3 Jump series at the time.
pic related: see how one piece, haikyuu and BNHA are the more prominent ones, they are the current big 3.

Past big 3 include
op, naruto bleach
op, naruto, toriko
op, naruto, knb
op, naruto assclass
op, assclass, haikyuu

I like the Big 3 meme because it makes it easy to point out the go to normal/newfag anime. But maybe that's just me.

Nothing scientific. Just the number of times I see Fairy Tail mentioned next to anime like Naruto and One Piece. Fair Tail seems extremely popular in that regard.

Where does Dragon Ball rank in this?

I know about that, but I don't mean the Big 3 in the Jump sense of the term.

Hasn't Hero academia been owning the popularity charts ever since it's release?

Dragon Ball is above big 3, DB is literally the grandfather of shounen, DB brought anime to the rest of the world, also when you read an interview with some shounen author most of htme say Toriyama was one of their role models when they started doing manga.

>having to read this left to right

That is wrong. Big 3 has nothing to do with Japan rankings. It was the term for the 3 series that became popular in the West.

And what I'm asking for is the current standing members. Have any of the previous place holders dropped out in the minds of the western anime community?

Other than OP and DB, BNHA most popular shonen in the west

There isn't a current standings. Big 3 was a moment in time not a continuous thing. There aren't 3 series that were on that level for the Western fans at the moment. There's a bunch of middling series and many of them are not from Jump. Examples: My Hero Academia, Fairy Tail, Prison School, Magi, One Punch Man, Attack on Titan (that ship has sailed), 7 deadly sins. Obviously One Piece is still around and Bleach is probably still as widely read as any of the above mentioned besides One Piece. So there really is no big three at the moment.

There doesn't need to be a runner up. It just so happens those 3 had the height of their popularity around the same time. Even though now Naruto is over and Bleach is nowhere near as popular as it used to be, they are still classified as the Big 3 for posterity.

The funny thing is One Piece wasn't even THAT popular (outside of Japan of course) when the term "Big Three" was used that often. Death Note, and FMA were way more popular.

>13 IPs, 28 post

Can you samefag harder

There is no current standing members. It will always be the same. Big 3 is synonymous with Naruto, Bleach and One Piece.

It's not a ranking. It's not something one series can join in on later. Bleach has gone down in popularity, but that doesn't mean a new series can take its place.

big tree is a western thing japan never really cared about bleach

No. Never has been and never will be.

Also those 3 started in shonen jump around the same time (1997-2001) and ran for a very long time after while remaining popular for a sustained amount of time.

It is not just about what is currently popular.

>2 posts per person
>samefag

You are fucking retarded

Honestly I think the most popular fighting series right now is Jojo.