Concrete Revolutio

Where the hell is the ConRevo thread? Does nobody care about this show even though shit is really going down?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-_v2NmII9oI
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rkFF24365T8Sw8rdbq2PmfLVoBQo0SfYm5TcJE11rCk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to make Kikko a single mom

The thread hit the bump limit, probably the fastest it's ever done so.

You missed the previous thread. Many were bummed out over the losses this episode.

Oh God, two Conrevo threads for a single episode? Hell yeah.

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IMAAAAAAAA

youtube.com/watch?v=-_v2NmII9oI

How dare Jiro betray based Raito justice for cheap yokai love

>Unless breaking the promise actually takes his soul

You could have at least checked the archive before making yourself look like an idiot.

>willfully watching season 2 after how dogshit season 1 was
explain yourself

>there can only be one thread per episode
You sure look like an idiot.

Nowhere did I say that you retard.

His justice will be destroying humanity and creating a peaceful world for all superhumans. Raito's death will not be in vain.

You implied it retard.

How do you feel after realizing you will never see another scene of Raito kicking ass animated by Yutapon?

No I didn't. You said no one gave a shit about the episode when the opposite was true, so I simply called you out on it. There's a thread every week.
You're embarrasing yourself, stop.

Feels bad man. I kinda wish he at least went out like in the ED with Jiro ready to kick ass on his behalf.

Here's hoping the ending doesn't go full St. Elsewhere.

If everyone really cared they would have made another thread to continue discussion because there's no way a show like this could contain all discussion to one thread, but whatever.

Wanted to ask this last thread but I got sidetracked:

Kikko looks exceptionally pissed here, moreso than I think we've ever seen her before that point, except perhaps during the time she was in Makai Mode. What was it that made her so angry? Jaguar the Perpetual Traitor showing up? Having to hide in a cramped storage room? Does she know that the Satomi's theory being exposited by the Prof and Jaguar is total bullshit? The reactions coming from her and Ullr afterward seem to point to them knowing something about alternate worlds (outside of just Makai, I mean).

Personally, I was planning to make another thread anyway for the sake of giving chart-timeline user a place to eventually dump, but I've been too busy to actually post, and posting being temporarily down probably cut people off for the night.

i hope the yokai bitch dies

F

Wait, what if Kikko is another one of those beings dreamed into existence?

Like what if she's Jiro's female meta counterpart? The shoujo to his shonen?

F?

Was this last episode a good one? I'm not reading the thread because of possible spoilers

JAGUAR DID NOTHING WRONG

Yes, but I also raged really hard even though it made sense and things began tying together. Basically, shit went down.

What if Kikko is the dreamer, and Makai is not just the world of magic/demons, but is some kind of higher metafictional plane? That would finally explain pic related, at least.

>This whole episode

Everything will be fire

Fuck Jaguar. Everything he does is wrong. Kikko should have let him paradox himself out of existence.

So you're saying that:
>Demon world is higher plane
>Kikko created this world and Jiro
>Ullr followed her to train her
>Jiro was created as her ideal partner
>However, even in a world she created, Jiro, her dream person, doesn't love her
>Everything has been falling apart since she lost her Demon Queen powers, which created and balanced the world

Or am I reading too far into your post?

I just want them to play the S1 ED again in the final episode. That shit was hype when they played it when shit was getting real
The soundtrack in S2 has been pretty weak

Does anyone have a new version of that timeline picture? Also I've been waiting to watch this but do you guys think it would be better to watch the show in chronological or airing order.

You have shit taste.

Raito ;_;

Can anyone seed the S1 BudLight batch?

Diejobu, diejobu

Well, some of that was more than what I really meant, but that's also an interesting direction to take it. What I was thinking was more along the lines of:
>Makai is higher plane
>Queen Candidates must go on a dream/vision quest in order to ascend the Makai throne
>Objective of dream quest is to find a specific person tied to what's changed relative to the "real" Makai world, marry them, and transcend them to existing in Makai, but the questant doesn't know who it is
>something something Kikko's dream is of a world in which Little Boy didn't go off
>Ullr is her advisor/teacher on the quest and enforces rules so it doesn't become too easy for her (hence pic related)
>Kikko is immortal and ageless while having Makai power because she's the dreamer

Definitely airing. Besides, chronological would be practically impossible given certain episodes.

The only thing I don't get in this episode, but why did Jiro had to kill NotUltraman? They were getting on just fine before.

Anyone thinks Jirou might went Zero Requiem here? As in he tries to really become a villain and supports the yokais but in fact he actually just wants to be defeated/stopped.

Is he really dead? All Jaguar said was that Jiro "defeated" him.

Pretty sure NotUltraman aren't going to support those yokais.

I said the same thing on last week's thread.

This series is asking for a glorious yet saddening finale like Code Geass's.

Hmm fairpoint. Still pretty heartless of Jiro to just skewer a former comrade like that, especially since he didn't really wanted to fight Jiro

He already lost the justice inside his heart. Didn't you realize it the instant he accepted Emi's bullshit?

He's dead. He can't exist on his own now, that's why Jiro gave him the S-Planetarian body when the Bureau took Grosse Augen's body.

Jaguar did nothing wrong. His viewpoint is inherently adult in the fact that he thinks of things in the long-term and more objectively. Everything he's done has been to prepare humans for the eventual acceptance of superhumans. He always stays with who's in power so he can mitigate the damage they can do, hold things together from the inside. Even now, with this war, he's taken this as an opportunity to win some trust for superhumans everywhere by having superhumans defeat something that has declared itself a threat to everyone in the world. It required sacrificing the beasts, but there's nothing he can do about that. He can only choose the most realistic option to make his goal a reality.

I still think that that's the reason Jiro sided with the youkai, too.

More fun:
>Ullr is a Daruma doll lookalike, so Buddhist undertones about enlightenment and Kikko would be something akin to a Bodhisattva
>Claude gave Kikko mind-altering drugs that put her in a transcendental state and therefore awakened her transcendental Makai power
>Concrete Revolutio (Revolving Concrete[ness] is a possible translation as "Concrete" alone could be a multitude of possible parts of speech in Latin): Superhuman Phantasmagoria

>Dr. Hitoyoshi betrayed Jiro.
>Judas is a duble agent
>Earth-chan beaten to a near-death state
>Raito killed by superhuman-hunting police
>Non-human supers going into hiding because Japan's government is exterminating them like a pest.
>Calling Emi's point of view bullshit

I think Emi's telling the truth. People stopped seing supers as a symbol of justice and now just want to use them to generate energy. They need to fight to keep themselves alive.

Final episode will be fucking glorious. I hope Emi, Kikko, Fuurota and Jiro find happiness, though I'm sure one of them will die in the last episode.

I know humans can do awful things when you can convince them that the other guy is different. But "hey lets use them for fuel" seems a bit much.

It'll probably be Jiro. The man has gone too far off the deep end.
The oil crisis won't solve itself, user.

There is also no guarantee that NotUltraman was going to attack the youkai to make them into fuel.

>This kills the justice

I can't actually locate the video itself, admittedly, but I feel reasonably sure that there are several things in one of the PVs that we haven't seen yet. Anyone able to confirm?

On a related note, I very distinctly recall that there was a preview still of Kikko catching or carrying Jiro princess style, but now I can't find it.

Once again, here is a Google Doc with all of the ConRevo threads so far (at least, the ones that I've found), in case anyone missed the previous discussions.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rkFF24365T8Sw8rdbq2PmfLVoBQo0SfYm5TcJE11rCk/

Thanks again for your hard work, user!

She's most likely still in shock about the revelations of the movie, then about hearing that Emi committed murder and took possession of Ultimapolis, and still being utterly confused what Jiro is.
Her dream husbando turning out to be the most feared monster in the history of Japan does that to a former devil princess.

>using the immortality of youkai as fuel
What the fuck. In fact, this what the fuck goes for the entire episode. Jaguar you fuck.

That's what the job of the media is. To inform and prepare the populace and tell them what their opinion ought to be.
Tell the common people how beasts are horrible monsters. Show on TV how yokais killed innocent hitchhikers and caused a fire. Convince everyone that these nonhumans are the enemy of mankind who secretly plotted to abduct women, eat little babies and want to enslave the rest of humanity to work in their sulfur mines. Make anime and tokusatsu shows that portray good acceptable superhumans fighting against the vile disgusting yokai and the murderous mindless kaijuu who only seek to destroy Japan.
In an age before the internet and social media and alternative sources of information outlets, people like Satomi rule supreme.

Just what is he, really? Human? Yokai? Superhuman? God?

He's the Concrete Revolutio.

Jaguar's constant flip-flopping between sides for seemingly no reason is something that keeps bothering me.

Jiro didn't betray Raito, nor did Raito betray Jiro for Emi.
In his final moment, Raito tried to save Earth-chan from the Super Warrior Soldier Squad government forces so that the populace could then see that the ones who are in need of help are the boogey-men.
A terrorist and extremist he was, but one who still nonetheless believed in justice.
His final death at the hands of the forces of humanity causes Jiro to now renounce humanity, and thus, Grosse Augen/Shirota-Planetarian who represents the superhuman of justice who fights kaijuus to protect the humans had to die.

Or at least, it seems so. Perhaps the finale will surprise anyone, and things will still turn out to be different from how it seems.

;_;

Actually, you will notice that the current incarnation of Super-Jaguar, the Bureau member Hyouma Yoshimura, has always worked for the government. He might be sympathetic to the plight of Jiro and try to protect him, he is willing to tell him how to behave like a true adult and impart his timeless experience and wisdom from all his chronomancing. He's even willing to give Jiro a cool car and an airplane toy.

But Hyouma has not ever gone against the government. Period. That is what he did before, as Akira, leader of Infernal Queen. And that incarnation is dead, killed by his own hand.

There is no time for dissent.

Just a former superhuman.
One who seeks to destroy the superhuman Jiro, born from the superdestructive power of the nuclear bomb.

This kind of went down original FMA lane.
Suddenly! Alternate dimensions, nuke-people created from wishes, underwater city out of nowhere. I'm waiting for nazis to show up in the finale

How many more have to die? Is there anybody you want to see get what's coming to them? Who would make you the most upset if they are killed?

They've stopped doing that stuff since their arch-nemesis died under mysterious circumstances and then had to become normal sararimen.

He'll die in this world, fixing shit up in the process, but he'll be reborn as a normal baby in a parallel world and Kikko will raise him.

Well, jews were turned into soap bars. Humans are disgusting like that

People still believe this?

Master Ultima was confirmed a weeaboo. That makes him a little sympathetic.

Perhaps that design was actually enforced by Satomi.
>make the yokai-melting machine look like Taiyaki, or we'll never give you all the billions of yen to build Ultimapolis
>>Why Should I Do That, Imperial Ads?
>because one of our sponsors produces tayaki

I just realised that we need a Jirou edit.

How/why did Emi lose an eye out of the blue? Permanently, too.

It is very likely that she somehow sacrificed her own eye to make the space kaijuu drones of Master Ultima stop reacting to his commands.

Surely there is some kind of Devilman symbolism going on in this episode when Jiro, the nuclear beast killed Shirota, the Ultraman.

In the Devilman manga, the protagonist got his demon power with the help from his best pal, who turns out to be Satan, and in the end, Devilman and Satan fight the ultimate battle to determine the fate of the Earth with Satan winning and having killed Devilman.
In Concrete Revolutio, Jiro helped Shirota get his new titan-form, and after it turns out that Jiro is the most horrible destructive power in the world, they fight it out to determine the fate of the Earth and all superhuman beings, with Jiro defeating Shirota.

What? Jiro is Justice. Fighting for weak creatures that are going ot be exterminated is the epitome of Justice.

>Humans and beasts are enemies after all

Mankind were the real beasts after all!

Mankind loves and fears beasts at the same time.

Another fair point, but NotUltraman has constantly been chopping kaiju's up like nothing, and kaijus are on Emi's side.

Ultimately, Jiro knew that when push comes to shove, NotUltraman will side with the humans.
After killing Master Ultima and taking possession of the swimming citystate and finding out that humanity plans to eventually turn the ever-regenerating yokai into renewable oil, no matter how successful Emi would have been in negotiating with some nations about leaving Monster City alone, eventually, the nations of the world would send in their armies to take possession of this valuable resources.
If Michiko from Imperial Ads knew about the terrible secret of Ultimapolis and told it to Jiro secretly through the song, then so does Satomi, who will use his considerable might and influence to turn the world against the nonhumans.

These superhumans are retarded. Why would they comply with that fucked up energy sources plan? Jesus Christ, this shit is so mind boggling.

Work for the government or go to jail.

I'm love letter user. I'm out of town this weekend without my computer so no updates until midweek/pre-finale.

Have fun, and thank you for your hard work in compiling all the data and references.

Remember when people said Emi was evil? Turns out she only did one thing wrong and that was letting Jirou starts a war.

She should have talked him out of it.

Tell that to America when slaves were still legal. Truth is humans are a very selfish race on average

In truth, the energy problem is just an excuse for all the superhumans who do desire to fight against a clearly defined opponent.

Superhumans are defined by having special abilities and having an opponent to fight against. In the years since the Rainbow Knight died and the Functional Secrecy Law was re-enacted, superhumans had practically no jobs and no rights of recognition for their deeds.
And with the world entering an age where political allegiances can change in the drop of a moment, the superhumans are simply restless and know not what to do.

But now the yokai present themselves as enemies of mankind. They are different. They are not humans. Unlike the human-based superhumans who are gallantly arriving to the rescue of those who cry for help, the nonhumans are simply beings who wish to be left alone. But because they know that they never going to be accepted and left in peace, they must now fight.
And thanks to that, the superhumans of the Superhuman Army now finally have a sense of purpose again. They have a clearly defined enemy to beat up and defeat. A goal.

For ultimately, just as Satomi said, superhumans are just like kaijuus.
Monstrous beings who actually do desire to fight and kill and assert their dominance in one way or another.

War cannot be stopped.

She's a bitch and now Jirou will die for her sins

That mostly covered missing eye is creeping me out

I love you, user, I really do.

Isn't this only about inhumans though? Youkai, beasts etc? Ultima was the one who came up with this plan and I doubt he planned turning himself into taiyaki.

That is correct. The human-based superhumans would of course have been hailed as heroes for defeating the evil yokai and kaijuus, who would then be put into Ultimapolis's reactors to power the entire world and bring eternal prosperity for future generations.

A world with no more monsters to frighten little children. No more wars because free unlimited energy for everyone. Superhumans will herald a new golden age.

Did America in this world not test their atomic weapons before dropping one on Hiroshima?

They seem to be suggesting that this was the first attempted fission reaction which failed resulting in all fission research to be scrapped.

Yeah, that is one of the more illogical plot points. The Manhattan-project did have the Trinity Test to look if nuclear bombs work at all.

But who knows, perhaps there were some important reasons why the Americans did not perform a test before trying to drop Little Boy on Hiroshima. Perhaps Axis superspies had infiltrated America too deep for them to risk testing it, or the war was not going as well for America in ConRevo because Japan still had a good defense in form of its superhumans.

I'll be really blunt about this.

I do not, nor have I ever understood where exactly the 'moral dilemma' in Conrevo is supposed to be.

In season 1 it was literally one of the following choices, you either agree with the revolutionaries, who were fighting for the right of Superhumans to not be used against their will in inhumane experiments and not be given human rights or you agree with the government purely because it is the government.

Pretty fucking easy choice, it's really god damn obvious who is in the right here, who the obviously wronged party is in this situation and that would be the guys who are being experimented on and having their basic rights denied.

Now in season 2 we have two side again, this time the choice is even more inane. Either you side with the Yokai, who want to not be genocided as a fuel source and to be free and have the same rights as everyone else or the government because, once again, they are the government, that is literally the extent of that side's reason for why you should be on their side (despite the fact that the Japanese government has breached the geneva convention over a dozen times over the course of this series, literally being the government equivalent of a violent criminal).

Once again I feel that the side to pick is really obvious. Yet the show clearly displays that everyone in Japan has no moral compass of any kind as no one seemed to have a problem when the government openly admitted that they were planning to commit mass genocide and that this was why the Yokai did this in the first place. Not a single peep was heard from people saying "aren't humans the bad guys in this situation? All the Yokai want is freedom and peace, why are we letting the government do whatever they want?"

This is what governmental oversight and revolution exist for. When a governing body becomes unjust and evil the people are supposed to have a problem with that. I know I bloody would!

This show is so fucking hype. Every episode makes me want the next one. Everything just keeps escalating.