Why are churches so segregated?

"Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all."

So why do I still see churches in my city with 90% white people, churches with 99% black people, churches with 99% Asian people.

What gives, hypocrites?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9aHnjiibxzE
youtube.com/watch?v=BF-10c261Vw
youtube.com/watch?v=FL65rpg_TJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

have you ever sat through a black church sermon?

Yeah, it's actually a lot more fun than any other sermon I've been to. Speaking as a half Asian, half white guy.

Usually I struggle to stay awake during sermons. Black sermons are like a party.

in that case i recommend the teachings of pastor manning
youtube.com/watch?v=9aHnjiibxzE

Ok, well obviously this is gonna be a video of a really weird black preacher. There are really weird white preachers, too.

Honestly, I would go to a black church if not for the fact that I'm single and I'm just not into black chicks.

>not going to a comfy non-denominational church
pleb

Also, the scripture you reference is in regards to God's view of humanity, in which we are all the same to him spiritually, although this doesn't signify that it's bad for people to be around their own kind. You are also implying that wanting to be with people whom are similar to you, is somehow inherently racist or discriminatory.

>You are also implying that wanting to be with people whom are similar to you, is somehow inherently racist or discriminatory.

It's not?

Also, the church that I used to attend (but left for family reasons) had a conservative pastor, although he was apolitical while he preached. Our congregation had a mixture of hispanics, whites, 1 Asian family, and 1 black family. Although everyone was assimilated and was a parallel to your nuclear white middle/middle-upper class family. Surprisingly the blacks that attended the church acted more white than black, they didn't speak ghetto english, and that's probably because their mother raised them in a white area

Sounds nice. Why did you leave?

Oh hey guys what's going on in this thread?

No, you can have a preference to be around another person whom is similar to you without necessarily feeling superior to all others. It's just how humans are (usually). Just because a black person goes to a 99% black church, doesn't signify that they are racists who feel superior to all.

Also, you are not taking into consideration the obvious differences between various Christian sects, which have developed alongside different races throughout history. A historically black church isn't going to agree with everything that a white baptist church agrees with, you can also find slight differences along different minority groups within the same sect of Christianity.

Remember all of this isn't forced segregation.

Family reasons. The worship leader and I didn't get along with one another because of something they did to another family member. They also have problems with attitude.

Baptist churches in Houston are highly integrated. There are a handful of churches that cater specifically to blacks, i.e. church without walls, but almost all SBC or Missionary Baptist churches have sizable black and white elements of their flocks. It's actually pretty cool. It's like the divides that are between us for the rest of the week all dissolve on Sunday morning. Thus is the power of Christ.

even slayer goes to church
youtube.com/watch?v=BF-10c261Vw

Jesus was a white, Anglo-Saxon Protestant. Why would there be blacks in a Christian church?

The Bible is pretty clear that as a Christian you are to treat fellow Christians as brothers and sisters and that you are supposed to be part of a unified body. Christians are supposed to be identifiable by the fact that they are literally prepared to lay down their lives for each other regardless of their age, gender, skin colour or social standing.

The fact that Christians are quick to segregate on issues like white vs black and rich vs poor, makes them appear worldly and no different from people outside the church. Christians who segregate over things like race or social status are hypocrites and they cause unbelievers to blaspheme God.

I'm still looking for a new church to attend, but I am picky. I'm looking for a non-denominational church that takes into consideration the historical context of scripture (along with having some knowledge of linguistics, which can help us understand the various interpretations available). I also prefer modern-worship, and in regards to the area, I do prefer middle class churches more, I would not attend a black church because I dislike the preaching style and the music they play isn't my preference.

Self-segregation works.

have you considered a unarius church?
youtube.com/watch?v=FL65rpg_TJ0

Christians are very easily manipulated by the jews. Alex Linder is right.

>Here there is no ... slave

"slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling" (Ephesians 6:5),

"tell slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect" (Titus 2:9).

>The fact that Christians are quick to segregate on issues like white vs black and rich vs poor, makes them appear worldly and no different from people outside the church. Christians who segregate over things like race or social status are hypocrites and they cause unbelievers to blaspheme God.
Keyword, segregate, you act as if it's forced. Having a preference isn't the same as supporting segregation. Also, you need to acknowledge that a Christian from one sect can get along with a Christian from another sect, without having to adhere to everything a person whom holds a different view on the bible believes in.

I prefer certain congregations over others on the basis that I want to enjoy the church as much as possible. I typically avoid poorer churches on the basis that I've been to some and I dislike atmosphere in regards to worship, times, etc. There's nothing wrong with selecting a church because you have preferences. Also, once more, having a preference doesn't mean you look at the other as inferior.

because islam is the true religion with no such segragation.

kek

Because all protestants were supposed to burn by Mary, the proper queen.

The only reason I go to Church is so I can get that delicious wafer and wine

I think you are taking the verse out of context
Read the whole chapter