So... you fags like Kaiji?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U0pp0WeMqhs
mahjong.wikidot.com/rules:hong-kong-old-style-scoring
mahjongtime.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtu.be/U0pp0WeMqhs

zawa zawa

You read the manga too? And the 400 chapters of majong?

>no S3

I hate it

I hate it

nah i'm just a casul that's seen the anime. even though people look at kaiji and think "ugly character design", i like it, i wish there was more like it for something other than mahjong or gambling

>normalfag

1st season was fucking retarded but the 2nd season was gold.

the second season's mostly about shit that has nothing to do with skill and just trying to cheat a pachinko machine. first season was better, what with the increasingly stupid and dangerous games that had some mindfuckery in it

The whole plan to cheat the pachinko machine and watching it unravel was more interesting than the most of the stuff in season 1

I do, I'm caught up with the mango too. I want more seasons, but I don't think people want to see a season full of mahjong and then a season where Kaiji doesn't even play shit.

>God tier
Chinchirorin

>Manly tears tier
Steel beam crossing

>Great tier
Restricted RPS
Pachinko

>Okay tier
Minefield mahjong
One poker

>I'm covered in bees, have no mouth and must scream tier
E-card
Mikokobowl

>Retarded tier
Tissue box
Gaijins slamming buttons
Kazuya's literary club

HE HATES IT

tissue box was the dumbest fucking thing. i want a leather jacket like he had in s1

>Gaijins slamming buttons

I wasn't a big fan of that, but that was the most I've been immersed in manga in a long while. I was listening to the Kaiji OST too, shit was amazing.

Kurosawa anime when?

What is the chapter of the manga that the anime left off to? I want to see what happened after the anime since S3 never.

Better than NGNL to be pretty objective.

Kaiji part 3, or "Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji".
Marathon it in one night

That's not really an achievement.

In Sup Forums, it is.

One night is not enough time to finish Tobaku Datenroku, or at least it wasn't for me because the explanations were extremely boring. Me havin 0 interest and knowledge in mahjong didn't help either.

Why Endou?

You either match tiles, or make straights out of them
Uncommon and elaborate combinations give you more points
That's the basics of mahjong

You shouldn't spend too much time on the explanations anyway, just have a basic idea of the rules

>doesn't read a contract given to him by a known con man before signing it
>is shocked when he finds out he was conned

It's okay. They really want to drag every scenario out to the point where all the tension wanes away. Every little thing is over explained.

Thanks, but I rather read it at my pace.

>In b4 I become so engrossed that I actually finish it in one night.

>reading a contract when you're literally going to get jailed for life in an hour or two

Take your time, but I'd suggest at least reading it during night time for better immersion

Except the scoring happens to be really, really important.

Start off learning Hong Kong style Mahjong, it is pretty simple comparatively.
triple dragons = +1 fan
triple wind of the round or your wind = +1 fan
all triples = +3 fan
all three-in-a-row = +1 fan
all one suit = +3 fan

With the number of points letting you double your hand a set number of times.

A good reference is; mahjong.wikidot.com/rules:hong-kong-old-style-scoring

A good place to start playing mahjong online is: mahjongtime.com/

I learned Riichi mahjong straight away. Its pretty easy to understand how it works, however knowing how to cut tiles well can be pretty hard. It is easy to make a hand every round but knowing when to try to go for a heavy hand and when to cut for a quick hand is tricky.

Also pinfu (all three-in-a-rows) in riichi mahjong has some extra restrictions. Believe you cant have dragons or winds as pair

After watching Akagi that part in comparison was so fucking simple. I was worried about not understanding it but jt was great.

For the lingo:
three of a kind = pon (Japanese) or pung (Chinese)
four of a kind = kan (Japanese) or kong (Chinese)
three in a row = chi (Japanese) or chow (Chinese)

The only difference between having four of a kind instead of three of a kind is that you draw an extra tile for kan due to using an extra tile, when playing under Hong Kong rules. Under Riichi rules (Japanese style), you create an extra dora.

The most common good scoring hands to achieve involve either all pon or all one suit (called a purity).

For reading manga or watching Akagi or Saki, give a once-over for the special hands since they turn up pretty often in shows - sort of like how poker in the movies always seems to turn up 4 aces or a royal straight flush.

Don't worry about memorizing the special hands, the read-over is to give you the idea of how odd hands can suddenly blossom into a massive score. Example, "gates of heaven" involves having 1-1-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-9-9 all in one suit, with one extra tile of that suit. It scores max points.

>both endo and kaiji have their neck on the line
>still fuck kaiji over even though he is the only guy who can get you out of this mess

>One poker
One Poker is horrifying.

Watching Kaiji win is more nail biting than seeing him lose horribly.

Endou was always in it for himself, and made that clear to Kaiji when they decided to join forces. It's not like Kaiji doesn't know Endou's true nature.

actually I found that akagi and Ten use very little super hands like 13 orphans. They usually build proper hands rather than whipping out one in a million hands. I dont think they ever drew a blessing of man or blessing of earth hand

endo was in for himself since he was having trouble getting people to take loans. Kaiji and he were both in for their own (kaiji to get money to get out of jail, endo to get himself back on his feet). His initial contract of 30% per day was already a nice deal for him. Not giving kaiji money also meant he was fucked. I think it to be more logical that he only had that kind of contract on hand rather than that he thought he could make some extra money of of this.

Where were you when Endo died?

Third season never. No endless Mahjong for us

Did anyone else get really nervous when the Teiai agents showed up at the apartment the guys were staying in? I thought they were going to say Kaiji lost because of some loophole and drag him back into debt.

>Marathon it in one night
That's exactly what I did. Shit was great!

I haven't read much of Part 4 yet, did they get to the part yet where Miyoshi and Maeda die in a car fire?

First time I read it, my only understanding of Mahjong came from Akagi, and I kind of understood what was going on but I still didn't know too much about the game. It was amazing.

The next few rereads came after I actually learned Mahjong in full, and while it made the whole arc even better, I don't think you need more than a tertiary grasp of the game to enjoy the arc.

Seinen is pathetic.: I watched Kaiji, and I'm just now getting into One Outs. You know how shounen is known as the power of friendship? Seinen should be known as the power of hating your boss. The old man is always the villain. The entire genre is a power play of overcoming your boss.

Some day, I hope
Kurosawa is so fucking good

And Kaiji parodies of course

Did gaijinbutton end yet? I haven't read in a long while.

I think gaijin team won after several hundred ZAWA ZAWA moments

>Did gaijinbutton end yet?
It did, and is fully translated too
The poker arc has just started being translated and hasn't been updated in a while ;_;

Will Morita ever come back?
I honestly though this was where the manga ended, until the next chapter came out on Batoto.

Akagi is better

So...akb0048 is a good show according to this.