mentioned

that's not Nana

God damn.

Best girl.

factual post

You couldn't protect her.

This anime was so amazing - one of the first that won me over! ^^

ikr it was a very heartwarming story

Memeing aside EL was one of my first shows. Its shit but that doesn't mean it wasn't entertaining.

Broccoli

I don't get the Elfen Lied is bad-meme
I mean it's not a 10/10 ten show but it's certainly not one of the worst out there

my waifu

It turned a manga that was ironically edgy into a completely serious and pretentious edgefest.

i dont understand.

stop making these threads every day samefag

>manga that was ironically edgy
God you actually believe this don't you?

youtube.com/watch?v=tD_rpZszl98
Elfen Lied is awful.

>using a dub to prove an anime is bad
Newfag detected.

Elfen Lied will live as a classic of anime for the years ahead, how does that make you feel?

If you've ever read any Okamoto Lynn works, it should be obvious. The edge is meant to contrast with the light-hearted fanservice parts to create humor from the ridiculous mood whiplashes and over the top twists.

It is not terrible. But it was the anime that got a lot of newfags into anime that were not pushed by mainstream networks, and because of that it was hyped up by a bunch of people far beyond it should have been.

you know it's a bad show when the OP is the best thing about it.

>all the budget was spent on the soundtrack
very impressive

How is this any different in the anime? There's no pretentious shit, everything is done for entertainment value

Look at the fucking opening and tell me it's not pretentious. It also played the "but humans are the REAL monsters!" angle far harder than the manga ever did, which showed that both sides were equally fucked up.

I-i liked the intro.