[HorribleSubs] Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - 23 [720p].mkv

>[HorribleSubs] Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - 23 [720p].mkv
Wow, not even a thread. I guess it's really dead here

Other urls found in this thread:

setsuna86blog.wordpress.com/gakusen-toshi-asterisk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did they do the fuck?

No, but best girl Claudia saved the day again when Ayato and Julis found themselves in a pinch. Assassin on the one hand, and an old enemy of Julis on the other, apparently.

Hokuto Sakiyama's back on key animation again, another interesting scene from him.

By the way, did anyone else think the ED video had changed slightly in some parts? It looked a little different somehow. Darker, perhaps.

That animation of Ophelia's attack, right? That was rather impressive.

>worst girl hugging Ayato

Fuck.

Yeah, that's his part.

It looked really smooth. Was it done in 60 fps or something? Animated on the 1's?

Just 1s, no TV anime will have the resources to allow for 2D animation at 60 FPS.

What the hell is wrong with them?

I was wondering about that, too.

they should have given rakudai a second season instead of this

I'm not saying rakudai is 'good' in general, I'm saying it's better than asterisk and it is somewhat inexplicable that these samey shows were simulcast and the worse one gets a sequel

Seems like this episode there were quite a few flashes of memories from Julis, and they haven't been fully explained yet, I think. I guess we'll find out more in future episodes.

he is back, he is going to tell julis her food is shit tier

I know it's easy to make comparisons among similar shows, but unless you wanna personally make a pitch to the anime companies that make them, your complaints are kinda pointless.

They've got the CLAMPs

Who is demon bitch and why is she sucking Dirks cock?

top kek

She looks like best girl
>that special ED
>please buy the LN

I HATE those twiggy CLAMP character designs so much. How'd that damn group get so popular and well-known?

I got the impression she was an old enemy of Julis', but it hasn't been made clear yet how she's related to Dirk.

I don't understand this normalfag reference

Oh I don't feel that strongly about it, this was probably all decided before the first season were even produced, I'm just saying it's kind of wacky how it turned out since the thing allocated more budget/episodes was inferior out of the gate to a near carbon copy which was not allocated the same resources; neither is great, it's just kind of disappointingly funny that the worse one gets more time. I'm not so much mad that rakudai isn't getting s2, more perplexed/amused that asterik IS.

I don't like the guy's style that much but it was cool

I thought it was Julis' old friend who liked the greenhouse.

Shit taste

Well, maybe it's because others think Asterisk is better and therefore deserved a second season. Others being the decision-makers for this kind of thing.

As for me, I liked both, but I liked Asterisk a little better than Rakudai.

Oh, maybe that's what that was about, then. So something must've happened to turn those two against each other.

S2 in this kind of immediate context is not dependent on fan reaction, they probably decided they were doing an s2 before the first episode even aired.

How the fuck are they going to wrap this up in an episode?
>inb4 cliffhanger

>Evil Isla

saggy tits.

Maybe so, but I doubt either of us knows for sure.

A final battle on Mt. Silver

I grand total of 5 stitches today. This episode felt a lot shorter than it was.

This show really fucking sucks when it does something other than tournament stuff, last episode was absolutely terrible until the last few minutes of action.

Nice

Claudia battling in heels.

also

Julis starts fight. Loses. Ayato save me pls.

Rho Aias!

>Claudia battling in heels.
Sexy

HAYAI

>itsbeenalongday.jpg

>Houkifag

I expected Ayato to just turn the tables on Ophélia.

>tfw didn't get my gary stu scene this episode

Nii-sama would have won that fight for sure.

Man this is just so bad.
And not even in a "so bad it's actually good" way, just straight up shit and boring to the point barely anyone cares to watch it leave alone discuss it.
They tried to recreate the success of IS but ended up making something even worse. Jesus christ.

Perfection. Thanks.

>Nii-sama would have won that fight for sure.
Kek, I'm sure he would've. That's one of the cool things about Ayato, he's not quite a Gary Stu, so there's some actual tension in his fights.

So why did Ayato's sword go back to how it was before? I thought the improved version in the final was permanent.

will the last episode be 20 minutes of claudia's hips and titties to redeem this shitty season?

Would be awesome!

Nah Ophelia is OP as fuck. Ayato can't do shit to her right now. I mean she is rank #1 of Le Wolfe and the last winner of Linduvlous tournament.

So she's one of the final bosses until the true final boss appears at the end basically.

is there someplace i can read the fanfic?

this

I want to read the LNs if possible.

setsuna86blog.wordpress.com/gakusen-toshi-asterisk/

He said he's done once he finishes vol 9 I think because it got licensed.

Anime got really fucking stale after the tournament finished. I find myself skipping through big portions of it because I don't care about the characters anymore.
The fight animation was pretty fucking good tho. Feels like they had a lot of cash to blow on it.

Why Yen Press must ruin everything?

goddamned jews

The animation in the fight was cool, Julis has to step up her game already, she's fodder for high tiers.

I just hope they don't drop anything. LN's have been popular in the west lately so they have no reason to.

Same, skipped half of the the last week's episode.
This just goes to show battle harem should stick to battles instead of trying to be "serious" with two dimensional characters

Pretty much. Ayato maybe rank #1 of Seikoudan but compared to the other rank #1 of the other schools at this point in the story he doesn't stand a chance.

Although I feel Ophelia is more likely to be Julis' final opponent rather than Ayato.

thanks kind user

>That's one of the cool things about Ayato, he's not quite a Gary Stu, so there's some actual tension in his fights.
>Asterisk
>Tension

where's volumes 1-4?

One of the things Asterisk has going for it is the worldbuilding/academy itself, probably why it's the name of the series.
Most Academy Battle harems have one school or whatever, but this one has 6 in one mega island city.
There's plenty of other interesting characters and schools to focus on, with each school having their own theme.
Shame the interesting potential of it is wasted on the most boring school, which is basically like a general highschool for normal gifted students.
Makes me want to see the Idol arc animated, because she's really interesting compared to all the other girls.

Huh, he must have taken them down since the anime already covered them. You should be able to find a PDF of them somewhere.

Are there any scans of vol 10?

Is the new girl the strongest in the entire Asterisk city?
I assumed the director guy is who beat Ayato's sister.

And this i why I'm here. You're doing God's work.

meguca.

saya will always be best girl

same 30 people circle jerking to this trash i see.

77 / 18 / 31 / 1

Kill yourself Digibro cocksucker.
Take your shit taste elsewhere to a Racuckdai thread, oh wait there's none up because NO S2 EVER.

>BURST

No she's the second strongest student, with the strongest being Fan Xinglu. The loli president of Jie long

to be fair user, our ride is probably about to end anyways. i haven't heard anything of an s3 and it looks like popularity for the series has really waned

Where do girl's school and white knight school's top students rank?

Reminder that Digibro was right

The only episodes with good discussion were the first and the idol introduction episode.
Shame that this season has been mediocre, because the idol's arc would probably have good discussion.
Next to no Claudia this season too.

Girl's school is last with Seidokan and Gawain Academy is up there with the chinese

>Next to no Claudia this season too.
And nothing of value was lost

Fuck off back to his youtube channel.

The season itself was fine. The threads however have been infested by that shitposter

Reminder that you should kill yourself

Yeah I honestly don't know how the retard is so determined.
Just like that one in the Hundred threads.

She's second best girl so a lot of value would be lost.

>more likely to be Julis' final opponent rather than Ayato
Different user, but I think so too. Helga aka Witch of Time Control was once hailed as the strongest Strega in history. She can manipulate time on a local level and on herself, can change from mature, teen, or loli form, and other sorts of time fuckery, but even she advised Ayato to stay away from Orphelia and Fan, both whom she said are monsters belonging to a different dimension to herself and Ayato.

That said, Fan is likely to be Ayato's opponent, so that leaves Julis being Orphelia's opponent.

If you're talking about the school rankings, from what I remember this is them currently:

Queen's Veil is 6th (last)
Le Wolfe is 5th
Seikoudan is 4th
Jie Long is 3rd
Allekant is 2nd
Galladsworth is 1st (best)

This is the new age of streaming, that might have pushed it over the edge and we'll get a S3.
It also got 2 cour in the first place, they have some expectations for this series.

This.

Galladsworth > Jie Long > Le Wolfe > Seikoudan > Allekant > Queen's Veil would make more sense.

hey uh

does anyone else remember the fact that claudia held ayato's replacement badge in her bikini bottom before handing it over to him?

because i just started thinking about it again and it's really making me uncomfortably aroused

Isn't ~3 posts per IP fairly standard for Sup Forums in general?

>being cute and playing snowball fight with orphaned kids
Needs a webm.

To shitposters like him, no. The normal is 1 post per thread.