Literature on Pre-Christian Europe and Sup Forums literature general

Please share your books on pre-Chrisitian europe, philosophy, political philosophy... etc

podcasts and documentaries welcome, too

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egil's_Saga
counter-currents.com/2015/10/negrified-america/
youtube.com/watch?v=w6qYjisp51M
youtube.com/watch?v=CH7SJf8BnBI
youtube.com/channel/UCZAENaOaceQUMd84GDc26EA
amazon.com/Torah-Pocket-Jewish-Publication-Society/dp/082760680X/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FP0138RS051YF1ZBZE2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll start:

Not related entirely to pre-christian europe, but "From Bacteria to Bach and Back" by Daniel Dennet is a fascinating book. It gives unique insights into what it means to be human. It's definitely changed the way I view the world.

Another I'm working on is The Republic by Plato. Everyone should read it.

Myth of the 20th Century

Another book I'd recommend is "Understanding Human History" by Michael Hart

bump

take a second to post a good book.

bump again

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egil's_Saga
>At the age of seven, Egill was cheated in a game with local boys. Enraged, he went home and procured an axe, and returning to the boys, split the skull to the teeth of the boy who cheated him.

>At times in Egil's saga Egil comes across as a brute who often acts quickly and irrationally for no reason. He appears to be a shallow creature and in many instances the only time he appears to put much thought into anything is when he composes and recites poetry. Egil is in reality a man of many virtues which are central to his character. He values honor, loyalty, respect, and friendship above all other things. He takes it as a great personal insult when someone breaks any of these values and as a result he typically destroys that person either through physical force or through poetry. His reactions are usually on a grand scale to the point where they are often outrageous and entertaining. The value code by which Egil lived was the same as that of many Scandinavians at the time of the story's composition. The story is set in a time when many people were migrating, most notably from Norway to Iceland. Life was harsh, particularly during the long, cold winters, when it was crucial for people to get along and work together. The character of Egil, despite his many flaws, is ultimately representative of the true Scandinavian spirit.

bump

thank you based iceland. i want to visit your country someday.

Look into the myths and pantheons of your indigenous American and negro African ancestors, and keep your grubby brown fingers off our heritage.

you're telling me there can be no solidarity between european-americans and europeans.

please don't let this thread devolve into arguing and shit-posting.

You are not "European", and you never will be.

counter-currents.com/2015/10/negrified-america/

>EU flag
Yeah you aren't european

Kenneth Clark's Civilisation is the best and most expensive documentary ever made. The first one David Attenborough commissioned when he took over the BBC. It isn't promoted because it's "euro-centrist" aka racist.
youtube.com/watch?v=w6qYjisp51M

Ascent of Man is also really good, it's all inspiring stuff to connect with and learn from our past.
youtube.com/watch?v=CH7SJf8BnBI

Oh look, another triggered mulatto with an identity crisis.

nice abstract speculation about the American "psyche". Here in the real world, whites leave an area when the diversity comes, and there is definitely a white and a black America, with some wiggers and intelligent blacks in between (culturally, not genetically speaking).

OP, I would recommend reading Tacitus' Agricola and Germania, snorri sturluson's King Harald's Saga and j. Christoph amberger's secret history of the sword.

I also liked Our troth by edred thorsson.

"White" America.

thanks user

here is a map, which shows the percentage of white americans by state. you're right that there are spics who identify as white, but you may also be surprised that people of actual european descent do exist in america.

What are some redpilled haircuts?

Americans are not white, they are like "trans-white", it is an offshoot of the the transexual culture.

Just because they identify as "white", does not make it so.

did you know that Finns have the highest percentage of European DNA?

Anyway, I find your thoughts interesting. American has may cultural, racial, and general social issues. Will you provide me to more literature and other media on this topic?

Anything that is short and neat and does not look ridiculous.

Hair that can be grabbed is no good in a fight.

bumping for interest. we need to get a solid aggregate of pre-european history going, then a complete compendium of history for various other countries.

youtube.com/channel/UCZAENaOaceQUMd84GDc26EA

Survive the Jive is a good Youtube channel on this sort of subject. Of course, you want to supplement it with literature. Trust only half of what you hear, right?

Yeah i really like survivethejive anyone have other stuff like that?

Pic related was the beginning of the end of the USA.

I have no books to recommend, but I will be glad to share some articles and other evidence.

Embrace being Americans, because your ancestors left our continent behind centuries ago, and have taken a completely different evolutionary path.

good shit mate. ive been slowly building up a collection of history books, so this will be a good chance to cross reference them.

Please do provide more articles on this topic.

List your books, user!

amazon.com/Torah-Pocket-Jewish-Publication-Society/dp/082760680X/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FP0138RS051YF1ZBZE2Q

>Torah

These are the ones that don't claim to be "white".

Thank you, user. I'm dubious about the future of America. I hope that the country sides will at least be inhabitable.

When the economic depression hits fuel will become scarce and people will no longer be able to drive everywhere, then you can expect a migration from the cities toward the countryside.

You're welcome.

I am of the opinion that the creations of small city states, like in ancient times, will be the only way for the pockets of legitimate Euro-descended peoples in your country to survive.

It will be a bloody and long term fight, but that all depends on how much you want to survive.

But the sea to shining sea empire must come to an end for that to be possible, your federal government would never allow the creation of racially exclusive communites.

This was a good thread you idiots let a shill derail. Now it's just another "you're not white" thread. Stop being manipulated this easily.

You speak like an uppity negro.

maybe he is a shill, but he does highlight an important issue.

see

My main point in all this is forget your national statistics, and build off of what you can see with your own eyes.

You are on your own.

There will come a time when all those mestizos and mulattoes larping as whites will cease to do so, don't include them, they will always side with their own kind in the end.

I understand. All I can do is become the best man I can and to breed many children who will hopefully share my values.

anyway, I'm looking for a certain philosopher whose name or works I don't know. he talked about the tendency of humans to categorize things, and that's as much as I remember. any ideas on what works or who this is?

pre-christian europe is meaningless.
move along people, all fields.

how about iron age europe?

now this is a real shill...