ITT: The first proper anime Sup Forums watched

Not counting any 4kids dub anime. Be honest.

Minami-ke for me.

For me it was Kanon 2006.
That's why I see them as the studio who invented anime, curse on them.

Fullmetal Alchemist

green green

Lucky Star.

Naruto back in Elementary school, but I didn't know what anime was yet. I found the FMA manga in 6th grade, proceeded to read shit tons of manga and watch a little anime and then increased my anime habits in high school.

dai mahou touge

Ignoring childhood TV anime.
>First anime:
Digimon Adventure (rewatch, first watched on TV)
>First first time anime:
Digimon Tamers
>First subbed:
Fullmetal Alchemist
>First as it was airing:
Digimon Xros Wars (but fell off, and my first finished, that I started before it ended, was either OreImo or Ika Musume.)

wolf and spice

wouldn't be surprised if this was a common one.

Kanashimi no Belladonna

tenchi muyo, on toonami

or dbz

or trigun or cowboy bebop, if those don't count for whatever reason

if proper means "not a dub on cable television"

Azumanga.

These, and if the toonami stuff isn't being counted then the Magic Knight Rayearth OVAs.

Keroro Gunso and Detective Conan

I watched pretty early on too

Lupin III

KLK. Me and my friends have been hardcore ever since.

If Kill la Kill is your first, I'm curious what you consider "hardcore"

Cowboy Bebop when when it was new and I was 13.

Officially, pic related, though. I'm a relative newfag.

one piece

Will you forgive me, Sup Forums? It was awhile ago.

Midori No Hibi

The first subbed one I watched was Naruto. The first one I watched that wasn't a super mainstream series was Higurashi.

Everyone has to start somewhere. It is perfectly possible for someone to start on Kill la Kill and get into anime from there.
What's more suspicious is that he mentions his friends. It is very unlikely that a whole friend group would become hardcore like that. Probably they meet once in a while and watch stuff like Brotherhood and Cowboy Bebop, or he's just saying something he knows will trigger Sup Forums.

any frogs or pastas see older 70s/80s shows rerun on tv?

Love Hina

There were so many flash games of it too

Or just a famous one

Haruhi Suzumiya, i still remember those days of ignorant bliss

Watched Haruhi, then Death Note and a few others, then didn't watch another show (Clannad) for like a year, but then I got hooked.

Watched all of them on justdubs.net until I learned to torrent :^)

This

Strawberry Panic

I'm still mad

Mad that best girl won?

Kare Kano.

Angel Beats. i thought it was okay

I would count Bebop, I bought the DVDs when I was in grade school. They were dubbed but it's not like I was watching random eps on cable. And the dub is superior anyway.

I spent 12 years thinking all anime was trash thanks to 4kids dubs and Naruto filler.

Angel Beats, bought via iTunes when I found that the site I started watching it on only had the first two episodes.
It was a dark place.

If you count shitty TV dubs, then it was Hamtaro.

Akira closely followed by Cowboy Bebop and Ultimate Girls.

Probably Jubei-chan (I don't really remember the actual first, it could be Galaxy Angel or Angel Tales or something that has DNA in the title but not DN.Angel but whatever) back when Animax was first introduced here because I'm a SEAfag. Before that, just anything on the TV like Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Mirmo Zibang, Atashinchi, Nintama Rantarou (Yuuki 100% is just so unforgettable) etc.

Not the better start, I think.