What the FUCK, did Tenma save this freak again and let him go? How did this series flop so hard at the end

What the FUCK, did Tenma save this freak again and let him go? How did this series flop so hard at the end.

tenma is jesus and johan is the anti christ

>not saving people
And that's why you're not a doctor.

>IF U KILL HIM ULL BE JUST AS BAD XD

he's a fucking doctor

Humanity was the real monster.

actually the mother was

>thinking that's the only lesson

Read Pluto. You're gonna enjoy it even more.

it's been a while since i read it . care to explain? didn't johan take the fall for his sister and the mother played along?

Because evil doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Read this OP, it'll give you some understanding

what did his mother do? i can't remember

I always thought that Tenma was just hallucinating the worst case scenario when he saw Johann in the hospital. Also, Johann probably managed to escape by himself without any help from Tenma.

>let him go
The way I interpreted the ending was that Johan commited suicide. Anna said on many occasions that he was planning the perfect suicide, and the scene at the end where Tenma was talking to him in the hospital bed pushes me to believe that he committed suicide.
I don't understand how you can even call the ending bad, Tenma is a doctor he is supposed to save people. The fact that all life is equal was a running theme through the whole anime, and the ending simply adds to it.

The Nazi's find her. The Nazi scientist then demands he gives one of the kids to him. They're not just taking the kids. They're making her PICK which kid to give to them. Eventually, with her hand forced and at risk of losing both of them she motions to give Johan away, before quickly changing her mind and giving them Nina.

Johan then tries to portray what drove him insane as his mother making that choice. Why did she pick him first and then change her mind? Which one of them was she really willing to give up? Since remember at that time in the story they were both dressed as little girls so the possibility that she was confused on which girl was Johan and which was Nina was there, along with the fact that she actively changed her mind, which indicates that she DID have preference for one of them and might have thought she was giving the wrong one away in her confusion and panic and tried to correct that mistake.

Did his Mom want him or did his Mom want Nina?

i think it was nina that she didn't want and she just got confused . that's why johan later "absorbed" nina's memories. to make her forget

Adding on to Amane Suzuha's reply, this ending was not a flop. It was food for thought and it was Naoki Urusawa asking us who really is the monster? Are we all monsters, or are none of us monsters? Calling this ending a flop pretty much sums up your intelligence (aka you'd have none).

That's the point though. We can't know and Johan can't know either. That's how it works as his prefect alibi.

The damning thing was that his Mother changed her mind right at the last second. If she'd just picked one that's bad enough, but she picked one and then switched right away, as if she was making a mistake.

That indicated that there was a preference between the two, and that she likely wasn't sure which one was which. So you can never know which one she wanted without asking her

The Scenarios are
She planned to give up Nina and realized she was about give up Johan and changed her mind. (She prioritizes Johan and saves Johan)
She planned to give up Johan but thought she was giving up Nina and changed her mind. (She prioritizes Nina and mistakenly gives up Nina)

Was she trying to save Johan or did she make a mistake? That's what Johan is trying to use as a "get out of bullet to my brain" free card.

i know that it's meant to be left ambiguous to propel the plot but i doubt that a mother wouldn't recognise her children. with that logic, she loved nina less

this

This
It's really not a hard concept to get
Johan practically tells it to you "which one did she want to choose? which?"

Johan didn't commit suicide
There was a novel called "Another Monster" where it explains that Johan survived and went to become a successful businessman

>but i doubt that a mother wouldn't recognise her children.

In a situation where both of them are dressed identical and are both twins.

In which a group of very bad men have barged into her home where she's been trying to hide from them and are not demanding she give them one of the kids and are not going to leave until she picks one to give.

In which every level of stress and panic is fucking with her mind.

not canon man

the perfect example of Aryan Master Race

Whom would you have given up, as the mother?

How would you decide?

I recently heard of a solution to Sophie's Dilemma I liked: You let a coin throw decide, after having announced to all other parties what the faces mean and that you do that. I just can't decide on who should do the coin throw. Oneself? Or make the officer do it? Definitely not the children, though, because that would make the remaining one feel guilty and the taken one angry at the remaining one.

>Nazis
It was East German (DDR) scientists.

>Read Pluto. You're gonna enjoy it even more.
Pluto? Wasn't that a Yotsubato! spin-off or something?

Just say no until they take one away from you

Also, Johan, aka the monster died at the end because Tenma saved him instead of perpetuating the cycle of revenge

>you have to choose Mdm, or we take both

proceed to insult their mothers and whip out my dick

that is not very Aryan Mastur Race, sir. Please refrain yourself.

I'm actually glad Johan got away in the end, pretty sure he stopped murdering folks.