Did he do anything wrong?

Did he do anything wrong?

Boku no Pico

OOOH~, interesting fan theory! But why did he do it?!

IT WAS JUST A PRANK, BRO!

Yes, but he did the right thing regardless.

I came here to shitpost, not to be blindsided by these fuckers...

Maybe if he had stopped to consider how he could better integrate his son in his plan for Instrumentality, he actually could have succeeded.

Or he gets hoisted at the end by two kids instead of just Rei.

He just has to convince Shinji that it would have been A Good Thing™, which he could be able to do if he was on good terms with him.

Then you have a more Gendo-like Shinji that knows the plot. He's as likely as anything to go full Oedipal and take all the mom for himself.

Rei > Asuka

shinji

That would risk feeling love and getting hurt.

Nothing wrong, he elevated life into a higher plane.

He didn't shave

Yes he kill everyone.

Shinji is the one that killed everyone. Although Gendo certainly was going to do that, but his some beat him to it.

He sired a pussy of a son.

They'd all end up in a sea of Tang so it would be irrelevant anyways-- individuality would decompose.

A very good point. But it's still a risk Gendo should have taken in order to do things better.

He married Yui

he didn't love his son

He had a winy bitch for a son

Would you love Shinji?

He may have raised a bad son, but he raised the best girl.

He wouldn't have turned out the way he was if he was loved.

What's a good Rei Doujin? Not necesarily ShinRei, just Rei in general.

I already do.

Shinji's hands must be getting torn up there.

Yes!
>makes loli factory
>doesn't spend all day every day tapping Ayanami.

Gendo is the very definition of a Japanese father. Spends all day at work. Neglects his kid. Shows no emotions.

he forgot quite a lot of shinji's birthdays. Couldve, yknow, called him once in a while

His unwillingness to open himself up to the possibility of being hurt again and love his son + his unhealthy obsession with his dead wife (being willing to sacrifice everything to be with her again) seem like two pretty huge character flaws.

You can understand what he did but it doesn't excuse it.

Have you never held a hedgehog?

No, but I know they don't actually hurt to hold. I was just making a joke. It wasn't very clear or good.

The guy had a bad combination of obsession, ridiculous determination, and ability. He used seele to pretty much end the world just so that he could see his wife again. Gotta give it to him for being able to do it.

It's cool. The important part is thing to remember is that Shinji is cute.

Holy shit, I should sleep for longer than four hours before posting on Sup Forums.

Seele were ending the world anyway. He was already complicit in Second Impact and leading Gehirn before his wife became his motive, he was into it.

user, you realize he failed in the end right? Rei left him behind as a final fuck you.

Not only that, but Yui bit his head off because he fucked up so bad. He was rejected by both his waifu's clone and his actual waifu. Contrary to popular memes, Gendo is not a role model.

Hmm I always thought the symbolic Eva eating him was Yui taking him in to be with her.

Support's about the same for either interpretation. I don't think Yui did it at all since she's actually in the scene and being all serene at him.

He literally made Shinji

>turning people into tang cause he missed his wife

nope nothing wrong there

But he does

No.

His goal was to see his wife. Sure he only saw her for like 10 seconds before being eaten but he succeeded in bringing her back, if only briefly.

I would turn people into tang for sweet sweet tang.

No, Gendo wanted human instrumentality but Shinji rejected it because he realized that without others he himself is nothing.

heya how's teenage treatin' ya?

maybe you'll be able to understand when your brains are fully developed

>gendo can manipulate multiple governments and the richest people in the world
>too much of a pussy to talk to his own son
explain this

Hedgehog dilemma. Those people are easy to manipulate because he doesn't have to open himself up emotionally to them. Shinji, on the other hand, he has to in order to get through to him. He already suffered the pain of losing his waifu; he's afraid to experience that kind of closeness again.