10 years later and nothing has topped this

10 years later and nothing has topped this.

Now apologize.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pIz7PEsH4Oc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Now apologize.
I still have no idea what this is about. But you faggots keep making threads about it, so surely it must be about something, right?

Easily AOTD.

What are side characters and where do they keep coming from the anime.

Sup Forums meme

What are you talking about?

The side characters in this show are badly done. They pop our of nowhere and don't talk at all.

First 7~ episodes were trash but then it got watchable.
>Yoko kisses somebody and they die
fuck her

Reminder its our boy's favorite anime.

I literally yelled "IT'S HAPPENING" when I realized what was going to happen during ep 8

That was the moment

What are you defining as a "side character"? Because sure, background characters like Leite's crew didn't get lines but even minor guys like the twins, Makken et al. did.

they are intentionally minimalist

It really went on for about 16 episodes too long

>it's ironically bad

minimalism is not inherently bad

i like diebuster more

Hahaha

It betrayed its message by letting Nia die

7/10

Kyoukaisen-jou no Horizon exists.

i can't believe it's almost ten years later and people still believe this

Yeah, how'd you come to that conclusion?

Overrated garbage now fuck off back to Sup Forums with your shit memes.

Or what pussy

>and nothing has topped this
>topped
Ha, I get it OP. You can't top toppa.

meh I dropped at ep. 10 cus it was boring as fuck

>Trying this hard to fit in.

If its so good then why arent there countless manga and anime spinoffs along with new merch?

>Good things are not popular
What a revelation.

>he didn't watch the second half

This is like walking out on the Lord of the Rings because the Shire bored you. Learn some patience it wasn't even bad.

>>Good things are not popular
Implying.

What? Every con has Gurren Lagann shit. There was a school manga a few years ago. TTGL & Konami also put out this pachinko shit last year:
youtube.com/watch?v=pIz7PEsH4Oc

Gainax*

One punch

all I know about the manga is that in middle school yoko was taller than kamina, and that's adorable

Kill yourselves.

Don't dodge the question.

Kill yourself.

Nothing.

TTGL was ok, nothing more.

TTGLfags are fucking cancer.

Reconguista in G topped it two years ago

why does kiznaiver have a mech?

>Viral, Rossiu, Nia and Yoko are badly done

>Getter Robo ripoff
>Topping anything
kek

Libera Me From Hell is better without the rapping.

*homage
Goddamn it, Getterfags. Get your shit together and learn the term or fuck back off to /m/

"No"

you have in all likelihood have seen neither and are a parroting retard attempting to (what you believe is) cool

More like 20 years later and nothing has topped this.

TTGLfags are like Spiral Power. They are cancerous as fuck and need to be restrained.

In other words, fuck off back to you fucking manchildren.

It did well enough to delay Gainax's inevitable death by a couple years or so. Its because of TTGL, we got Panty and Stocking.

RahXephon

> evangelion misato won edition

Fuck him and his downtimes.

I think you're trying to insinuate something here.

the manga was good but the anime was meh, dropped at ep 9

Spotted the newfag

how new are you?

GaoGaiGar. Which is also better than TTGL

Bro, this was a 7/10 top.
There is much better stuff out there.
Please, watch more than 50 anime before making these threads.

Apology accepted.

>20 years later and Anime Casts are still stocked with Asuka and Rei clones

Is Eva the most recent influential Anime of all time?

I have read Getter Robo and seen TTGL.

Getter is better.

The first half of Gurren Lagann is the better half though. It's more consistent with it's characters and the plot progresses smoothly. There is a nice balance between exposition and action.

The second half infodumps early on and then just rides the over the top action to the end. And while this works okay, it feels very rushed. We get no time to appreciate the new mecha and crew's struggles because we are simply rushed to the next battle/plot point.

>Nothing has topped it

Yoko is a fucking terrible character. Her character development is practically non existent/generic as fuck. Even in the school teacher episode, she just goes back to being tits and a gun. A couple endearing scenes with her talking about hope for the future does not equal character growth.

Pretty sure madoka, the evangelion of our time, topped it

I dropped it after 5 episodes.

Most Gundam series are better than this.

That garbage?

Its K-ON in disguise.

Stop baiting me with your stupid ass gateway-tier mediocre bullshit god damn

I will never get TTGL dickriding.

Shinji a shit.

Honestly how can people say this show is a master piece with one of the most shittiest main protagonist

>Apologize
It really says a lot that Sup Forums memes are populating Sup Forums.

Please drink bleach.

it's funny because getter robo is over the top action without the thematic backbone of ttgl

Because it's a modern super robot show. Super robot shows are just fun to watch, however most normal people aren't going to dig up older ones to watch. Combined with it's over the top nature and crazy powerlevels, people who don't know better put it up way high on a pedestal.

Toradora was better than Gurren Lagann.

Gurren Lagann, not so good.

Isn't GR just mindless mecha action while GL actually has depth about human power and willpower and shit?

Hmm... There is some truth to that statement. Getter, G, and the first half of Go is action for action's sake.

But starting with the second half of go, they do touch on the idea of evolution and where it will lead humanity, which was in the early stuff but starts to become the focus. The time jumps in shin help tie everything together. And it looked like Arc was going to explore this further before it got cut short.

So while I agree getter didn't really start with a theme, it definitely got one by the end.

Yea but Sup Forums dont need anime with depth
they prefer mindless shit more

General rule of thumb: if Sup Forums hates it, its probably pretty good. Goes for whole shows, story arcs or even characters.

I guess you haven't seen what is saving the anime industry.

Anytime a show is put on spotlight, the general trend will be anons will find anything to hate about.

This is a top tier show but anons won't admit it.

Why should anyone bother when GaoGaiGar still hasn't been topped?

Depth does not equal instantly good. Likewise, no depth does not equal instantly enjoyable/fun.

I dropped it on the 3rd episode, should I continue?

Did you think it was cool when they combined? Did you like the robot action?

If yes, keep watching. If no, don't.

How many people who think TTGL is the best anime ever or whatever, have only seen TTGL as far as super robots are concerned?

Yes because character development is all that matters in a character. Sure

Say what you think about TTGL, but y'all can never negate the fact that Simon is best husbando.

did you only watch the first 2 episodes or

(also, you're implying "K-On! in disguise" is something bad)

I thought it was /m/'s fault.

Because TTGL was a love-letter to the mecha genre, a genre that was saturated and deconstructed a decade before it aired. No one watched it thinking it would be the next big thing. If anything, it was the end of an era.

I do enjoy me some TTGL

I FUCKING HATE THIS CLOWN FACED GUY