Are there any subtitles that do word-for-word translations and also preserve Japanese sentence order...

Are there any subtitles that do word-for-word translations and also preserve Japanese sentence order? For example if the girl says "oniichan daisuki desu!" typical translations will give;

>"I love you, bother!"

whereas I'd prefer

>"Older brother, big love! [added emphasis]"

Have you considered suicide?

>Are there any subtitles that do word-for-word translations and also preserve Japanese sentence order?
Are you brain damaged?

No, but I'd be interested in reading these, too. Japanese is a hilariously simplistic language.

I don't watch anime or read manga unless it's in Romaji desu

Try learning it before saying it is simplistic

I am learning it and it is simplistic

As opposed to English?

you just made me imagine a mentally challenged imouto hugging his oniichan while saying that. thanks for the laugh, i guess

Why would you want this?

>Older brother, big love!
Kill yourself.

Doesn't the Japanese language leave a lot unsaid because it expects a lot of meaning from context? If you take phrases out of context, of course they'll seem simple. Dependence on context makes actual communication much more complex.

>"I love you, bother!"

>Older brother, big love!

Try Hadena

>>"Older brother, big love! [added emphasis]"

Self great like comment [emphasis]

Wait, what do they say when they have a retarded character?

How would you translate the particle と, or the continuative て?

Chaika is the closest thing that comes to mind.

Osaka accent

"and" and "-ing".

What you're looking for is called "interlinear gloss" or something like that. I don't see the point of using it for animu anyway, in fact that's stupid.

>direct translation of particles

why

That's not how languages work.

It's literally how languages work.

No, it is not.

You're literally a retard

Why would you not want a more accurate translation as opposed to the typical overly localized or gg-style meme subs that we usually get?

Consider, for example, that when a character says something that has the most dramatic part at the end but [shitty first year japanese student sub group] decides to put it at the very beginning because they don't actually know how to translate, you are losing a considerable amount of impact due to the hubris/incompetence/laziness of the so-called "translators."

The same reason why onigiri aren't Japanese donuts and why -kun and -sama are necessary to an accurate and legitimate Japanese translation are also why serious translators should always try to preserve Japanese word order.

So 明日は天気だと思う becomes
>tomorrow is weather and think

>お前は俺を殺さない
>you me won't kill

>あいつは俺が殺した
>that person I killed

Seems like a good idea.

Do you have autism?

>hilariously simplistic
>almost every day of the month has a name
>they have different prefixes for "counters" when counting different objects
>three character systems
あなたは日本語を勉強しませんでした

>prefixes
suffixes, I meant

If you can already hear the differences in sentence structure then it shouldn't matter that the subs match.

Kill yourself OP

It has all that crap BECAUSE the language itself is simplistic and can't convey anything meaningful without a thousand add-ons

such retarded nonsense

Nice pretending to be retarded post

Those "add-ons" are an integral part of the language, moron.

there are barley groups that do regular translations nigger. No, there aren't any that do it in that way to my knowledge.

You either watch raw or watch subbed, no in between to try and learn.

compare English grammar structure, pronunciation, vocabulary and even writing conventions to Japanese and Japanese will prove to be simpler like 98% of the time. Judging from your Japanese you posted there you're probably still in your first year or even first couple months of learning so I understand that you may think it's complex but trust me, it isn't.
勉強頑張って

Take Google Translate to 2ch and walah

>The same reason why onigiri aren't Japanese donuts and why -kun and -sama are necessary to an accurate and legitimate Japanese translation are also why serious translators should always try to preserve Japanese word order.

The word order is different because that's how the two languages work. I can see what you mean when you say the timing of a certain part of a line is important, but if you try to work the english translation around so that it's in sync with the original Japanese wording, it's going to sound like awkward English. Apparently you don't mind awkward English, so there's no point in telling you why that isn't a good idea.

Oh, and nobody is defending 4kids levels of localization. That isn't just translation, that's deliberate tampering with the meaning of the lines in order to edit out aspects of Japanese culture that kids are assumed to not be familiar with. As for honorifics, I'm iffy. I wouldn't mind them in text subtitles, but it would probably sound awful in actual English dubbing.

Have you ever heard of the term "Lost in Translation?"

>You either watch raw or watch subbed
What about people like me, that watch dubbed?

Kill yourself

>complaining about Japanese word order
Latin would truly blow your minds

that can go with subbed I guess. No inbetween as in no mixture of people who want half raw and half sub.

Kisama, torooru ka shittoposuta ka?

>the accurate translation of a grammatically-correct phrase is a grammatically incorrect phrase
No.

テll メ イf ヨウ cアン レアd tヒs

No, "da to" functions like a quote marker, so:
>"Tomorrow is weather", think

>[added emphasis]

>Judging from your Japanese you posted
Not even him but there's nothing wrong with that sentence. Stop being pedantic to wiggle out of your stupid bullshit.

Tell me if you can read this.

That user's already asking for Japanese word order. Might as well go full stupid.

嫁姉世、場化
二翻五邪内

Cオオl, ノw イ cアン ポst イン モオンルネ thレアds アンd エvエリョネ wイll tヒンk イ kノw wハt イ'ン ドインg ヘヘ

>あなたは日本語を勉強しませんでした
>You topic particle Japan language towards studying did not

It's fucking caveman talk dude!

There's nothing wrong with the sentence but it's so extremely "I'm JSL" that it physically hurts me to read it

Why would anyone want this?

If you're getting so autistically picky that you want to keep the Japanese sentence structure, then you need to get off your ass and actually take the time to learn nihongo so you can watch shows in their original form.

Otherwise, what OP requested can only be described as retarded.

Japanese has Subject-Object-Word, english has Subject-Word-Object.
You really want subs like "I home am going" or "You hamburgers like"?
That's not awkward english, that's "racist stereoytpe chinese character" english.

how would you say it?

>Word
What kind of word, user?

Verb.
Jesus, how embarrassing.
Point still stands.

I'd express it eloquently in a language I know and that is superior to this ancient islander stammering.

so you don't have an answer because you don't speak japanese and just felt like making an antagonistic post, nice

>Japanese has Subject-Object-Word
Japanese has Verb. A verb is a complete sentence. Everything else is optional

NO GOAL
THANK YOU BASED GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY

>tries to say something in a foreign language
>it's clunky tarzan-speak
>"y-you do it better"
>no, sir, that would impossible, becuse this language isn't suited for civilized people in the first place
>"s-so you don't know how!"

My god, you weebs are a sad lot.

>Different language structure means it's tarzan speak

Great bait.

lmao cornered faggot

>different
>barely contains the very base necessities for communication
>even natives struggle to understand each other

Can this nip defense force get any more pitiful than this?

EOPs everyone

>nip defense force
I know right.
Why would people who watch undubbed anime enjoy Japanese?

You don't know japanese, do you? Pitiful

Some people are just incapable of learning about 中出しの喜び

I honestly can't see much use for that.
If you want to use it for learning japanese, I think a much better use of fansubs would be to have both the english and japanese subs visible together, with words coloured to indicate which parts map to which.

so if a sentence mentions "sekai", you'd have "sekai" in the jp line and "world" in the eng line the same colour (eg: red)

How is it racist to translate it how it is?

so Japanese syntax sounds odd to Indo-European native speakers

wow such a marvel

This would actually be really useful. I'm planning to get a Japanese wife so I need to understand the mind of the natives, including their retarded speech patterns. For example, I know "da-meh" means "no" but when she says it she's really saying she's a dirty slut and asking me to fuck her harder. Having a translation of "no" would not be helpful in that context.

>For example, I know "da-meh" means "no" but when she says it she's really saying she's a dirty slut and asking me to fuck her harder.
So just like English. You're already fluent, user. You just haven't realized it yet.

About a month or two ago I saw a nip try to make a strict translation of English dialogue into moon and seeing it from the other side really highlighted why it's important to adjust a translation for the audience. Relaxed banter between friends became extremely stiff, awkward, and sometimes confusing and the joking manner of their speech didn't come across at all, it was like a completely different scene from what I watched even though the words were similar. Not to mention, slang and certain dialects become incomprehensible when translated literally. If the dialogue contained a joke and you completely missed it because it was translated word for word and had no indication of why it was humorous in the new language then you did not experience the scene how it was originally meant to be conveyed, that's not a good translation. A translation is not just about translating words but also the tone, context, etc.

me john big tree

It would be "Brother, love you, I do."