Shieldbro Vol 4 GET!

My copy of Vol 4 arrived this morning, so we shall discuss. Who got theirs already?

Anyone?

Haven't read any of it yet, but I've been meaning to
Just ordered the first two vols online since they weren't at the store when I went the other day

There's also the manga if you can't wait, though the LN has a lot of stuff that was cut from the manga.
Like raphtalia's slaver actually being a rather competent fighter and has a bit of military service

Up to where does it reach?
Diverges from the WN yet?

Up to the popefight and Aultcray's and Malty's renaming into 'Trash' and 'Bitch' respectively. It still closely follows the main story, but adds a few events like meeting Raphtalia's slaver, the dragon Trex and more fitoria action.

The divergence starts heavily in Volume 5 and onwards

It will be only a couple of days, and I picked up the first two Log Horizon books while I was there so I have that to tide me over
Any other good LNs that I should be on the lookout for?
I've only really ever read Konosuba

Well i'll only ever have the cash for shieldbro so i can't really help you there. There's mushoku tensei but idk if you're into something like that.

I pretty much have a hardon for Isekai shit
It's overdone, but I still enjoy the concept
I want to read Re:Zero bad, but Jewpress is fucking me over with waiting
I got Overlord and Baccano! the same day I got the Log Horizon books.
I'm gonna be away from the internet for about 6 weeks this summer so I'm stocking up on stuff to read

Isn't re:zero coming in about 6 months or so?

Volume 1 towards the end of july, and 2 in November I think
I think it's going to be 1 volume/4 months

Same pace as shieldbro it seems, might take 1 or 2 years to catch up

Mine arrived early, I had it for at least two weeks already.
Still haven't read it, though.

Probably
Based on anime sales there could be a second season which is good, but I still do want to read the books

I don't know how people get it early, i undesrtand the e-books but some got the physical release up to one MONTH early.

it's not fair

No clue, I simply pre-ordered it months before release and it arrived.

Fuck off with your terrible taste.

Something the matter user?

>Who got theirs already?
I've had it for two weeks already.

Thanks Bookdepository.

What's something you liked about the vol? I liked how Fitoria indirectly fucked naofumi up and the popefight too

We had one thread gone because of one mod with a complex about LNs in Sup Forums. And it was a half-shieldbro thread.

maybe we can resume here, what was the other thread named?

Half of it was a shield bro image, the other one was this.

>blogshit

Oh yeah, nidome no yuusha. It's gonna be a wild ride

Maou is best girl. Rabbits are only second-best.

Too bad we're not getting translations fast enough. There was also Duke's daughter that suddenly stopped translations, what a shame.

Cat apparently is trying to move somewhere as well as pay for a funeral for her uncle. We won't hear from her until probably end of summer, maybe.

Wow, my condolences to cat. Hope his uncle passes on safely.

I'll go type up something about the differences between the manga, the WN and the LN to discuss.

> His
I'm pretty sure cat is an OL.

Old habit.

>The group's escape
Here is where the LN changes up things. Malty burns a forest here, which makes Naofumi and co. take a detour to that place with the nice noble and the fat noble. The fat noble was Raphtalia's former slaver, who also had military service and was agile as fuck, suggesting he had a pretty high level. He was harder than expected to take down because of this. Of course, after defeating him, the group rescues melty and the nice noble and head to the dungeon, where they meet and rescue Kiel (or keel, for the official translation), the Noble (unexpectedly) survives and summons the T-Rex

>Fitoria
Fitoria's fight with the dragon was more detailed here. Her initial appearance also drops hints on her being a hero, when naofumi noted that the jewel on her carriage was similar to the one that was on his shield. Fitoria gives lots of tidbits to melty like BTFOing the dragon emperor, the Griffon-filorial war that ended up with the extinction of the flying filorials and more.

Fitoria tests firo while holding melty hostage, this is to make filo fight seriously. Naofumi tried to help melty escape the wind cage she was trapped in, but got BTFO'd by Fitoria's magic, which was more than powerfule enough to make a serious dent on his armor and made him cough blood. Firo eventually loses but gains a lot of experience on battle and to how to choose a form depending on the circumstances instead of using her filorial form exclusively.

>Fitoria (cont'd)
She's angry with the heroes for fighting with one another and not cooperating against the waves. She cares not for the petty squabbles between the humans and demihumans, considering the protection of the world to be much more important. She also tells naofumi that she'll kill the heroes (him included), if they don't cooperate so new ones can be summoned. Fitoria, of course, does not want to do it but she will dirty her hands if it means saving the world and makes naofumi promise that he will try to find a way to make the heroes stop fighting. The nature of the waves is touched upon here a bit, fitoria mentions that the waves become stronger if heroes start to die. We ultimately see a bit more of fitoria's nature, being a fragile child who tries her hardest to accomplish the wish of her late master, saving the world from destruction.

>Motoyasu, Round 2
While the WN, motoyasu and his troupe manage to catch up to naofumi and fight, In the LN motoyasu is also driven by revenge as he accuses naofumi of killing both ren, intsuki and their companions. Naofumi regrets that he can't keep his promise with fitoria to try and amend his relationships with the heroes. In this fight we see new tricks like combo skills, combining hero skills with magic to increase power and effect. Naofumi also figures out how to make combo skills with the help of raphtalia just by watching Motoyasu doing his. The fight is eventually interrupted by the priest of the church of the three heroes who comes to kill the two remaining heroes, the princesses and any other witness in the area

>Volume 4 is out

Time to sell one of my kidneys to get it.

The priest reveals himself as the mastermind behind the attempted assassination of the princesses, and also of Itsuki's and Ren's apparent deaths. He could not allow them operate on their own any longer because of actions they did that hurt the three hero church's credibility. Like ren leaving the corpse of a dragon in a town or itsuki ousting that one noble that coincidentally was also donating money to the three hero church as charity. Naofumi has no choice than to team up with motoyasu against the priest and his followers who constantly cast holy magic and healing magic upon him. Eventually Ren, Itsuki and their companions crash the party, explaning that the shadows helped them escape the priest's holy fucking lasers. The pope and his followers would fight to the death to kill them all, so naofumi, with the help of ren, increases the power of his rage shield which becomes the wrath shield and renders him extremely, earth-shatteringly, unreasonably fuck-ass mad for a few seconds before being brought to his senses by Firo. The Wrath shield II is powerful enough to withstand the pope's attacks, but wasn't powerful enough to defend against his counter skill and a bow skill. Then the queen intervenes in timely fashion, allowing naofumi to finish him off with Blood sacrifice. This, of course, fucks naofumi up. But the priest finally ends up defeated.

Yeah, probably they upped the price for being the volume where naofumi finally gets cleared of all rape charges and gets revenge on trash and bitch

Its really a shame how their rushed through Raph's slaver arc in the manga. The Dino died in one chapter.

Have OPB improved on their spell checking? The last 3 volumes have been questionable.

That's manga for you. I wonder how will it be when they make an anime. Should come later rather than sooner however

TL Quality has increased considerably. A few errors STILL here and there, but not like in with the other releases

I really hope this doesn't get an anime.
But they will probably try to stuff the entire plot up to the Priest into 12 episodes.

That's good to know. Thank you.

That's what i fear too, i think the best way to make it would be a 24-ep season, 6 episodes per arc.

The problem with 24 episode anime is that without the budge to back it up, half of it will be filled with nothing but QUALITY.
A majority of anime made nowadays is just used to advertise the source material, so they just keep it at 12 episodes.

>Budget
Fuck i didn't think about that. I guess i might as well stop hoping for an animu. Besides, you know how Sup Forums gets when anime of something gets made, they love it then hate it.

It all depends on the sales of the LN/manga.

Fuck. I remember just how much of a bitch it was to get volume 1. It was sold out for atleast two extra months before I could get my hands on it.

As far as i remmember it has like Half million sales in between manga and LN volumes combined. Not counting overseas sales

I'm surprised it actually sold that many copies. Nips do love transported to a new world LNs, afterall.

We have a drama cd coming out.

Do remember it's 14 LN volumes + other 5-6 manga volumes. Averages to 20k sales per book

I always wanted to know how the author wanted naofumi, raphtalia and firo to sound like. Does anyone know what the CD is about? supposd to be released in between Vol 14 and 15

Huh. This is the first time I've heard about this.

Neat. Any idea what it will be covering? I know little about drama cds.

They usually have sidestories that are not very essential to the overall plot.

Ah. Just cutesy filler stuff? I guess that makes sense.

Overlord had a sidestory with all the guardians taking down a super treant whose hp surpassed the limit. Ainz-sama ordered them to do so as a team even though they could all do it solo

>Them working as a team

I can only imagine the hijinks.

Some cds have plot and backstory of characters. Azure striker gunvolt has quite a few detailing what were all the adepts doing before the game.

And yes, they all tried and it took a lot of damage for just even trying to subdue it

Looks like I should check these out. Thanks for the help.

No problem, just keeping the thread alive

I got my copy like 3 weeks ago.

What did you think of it, anything you interested on discussing?

I've only read the WN, is the LN worth a read still?

Well seeing his name finally get clear was really satisfying. my only problem with the series is how easy it is to read it only took me an hour or to read vol 4. I just wanted to savoir it more.

Well, you're not losing much by reading it. You can fetch the ebooks at homuwaifu. The LNs have various changes ranging from new events to whole new arcs and characters. The TL quality of the first three is good but you'll find gramatical errors here and there. The vol 4 TL is better in comparison

Again, that's what the name LIGHT NOVEL implies. Just hold on your thirst till august and november for vols 5 and 6

I need to make more images.

>Tfw vol. 3 and 4 were ordered 2 weeks ago and they still haven't arrived

Is the manga coming out this month or next month?

*next chapter
also, bump.

>The TL quality of the first three is good but you'll find gramatical errors here and there. The vol 4 TL is better in comparison

But there's nothing like changing Lampreys to Rabbits right?