Is he a salty old man who went on long past his prime or does he have a point?

Is he a salty old man who went on long past his prime or does he have a point?

He's right

He was 100% right

Just look at this

he is going to die

did he ever make an anime I like?
No.
So his opinion doesn't matter to me.

Everyone dies.

Little of both.

not my mom

Mine did.

Did he dye his eyebrows black?

He's right. KFCs are delicious over in nipland.

Like it or not, hes right, but nothing will change, they don't need to make good anime to leach off dirty otaku, at the end it's our own fault.

I doubt it. Original Recipe tastes the same everywhere, faggit.

Neither. He's been a bitter faggot his whole life, it has nothing to do with old age.

>salty
Fuck off.

He devours souls daily so he can live on for eternity.

Truly sickening

Moe DEFINES anime. People who dislike moe are actually normalfags obsessed with western cartoons but choose to watch the ones coming from Japan because they know how to animate things.

moe = anime

"anime" without moe = western cartoons from Japan

Miyazaki is a western animator who just happens to be Japanese. Just look at his new film about Tom Hanks in Cast Away with a tortoise. It's not anime at all.

He is just a colonel sanders cosplayer.

(you)

kinda, while moeshit is killing anime, we still get great animes every once in a while like sword art online, psycho pass, mirai nikking and attack on titan

>sword art online
>attack on titan
One is not like the other.

No, he just dyed his hair white

>implying
Have you've been there?

>he just dyed his hair white
What's an old faggot.

Alot of anime seems derivative nowadays of other popular series, were being flooded with stuck in another world bs atm and before that i t was highschool romcoms

Disregard my previous statement, I suck dicks.

Is this the shitposting thread? Do you guys alternate between Miyazaki shitposting and stalker threads these days?

Partially. Modern creators suck, but they sucked just as much and in the same ways back in the '70s and '80s and '90s, it's just no one is as likely to remember it because seasonal shit got forgotten then just like now. These things don't change.

Explain why there are no crazy wild takes or expressions then?

When Miyazaki is the Chuck Jones of the east, Toshihiko Masuda is a western animator who just happens to be Japanese, he is also the Bob Clampett of Japan as well.

>Just look at his new film about Tom Hanks in Cast Away with a tortoise. It's not anime at all.
Source?

Miyazaki threads are always shitposting threads because his opinion aren't worth anything.

But lately there's been 1 every other day.

kys

Someone's trying to force this I guess?

The 90s were not shit, they were gold.

Miyazaki himself said around the time of spirited away that a studio becomes comfortable and stale after making three or four successful films.

Wrong board, tumblr.

No this is a animation topic about Japanese animation and TMS is not only Japanese but their key staff are also western animators who just happens to be Japanese as well.

if you think he has a point, he has a purpose.

his relevance is decided by if you think he is needed

Daily reminder

>Famicom is in the thread now
All we need is Barneyfag and Crackfag and then we'll have the family together.

He's so out of touch its ridiculous.

It's hard to take anything what he says seriously, He's stuck to doing family movies why does the general seasonal anime bother him so much? He's not even interested in it.

That came from Sup Forums, I had nothing to do with this.

>Barneyfag
who?

>typical 80's OVA
>no mecha

user please.

You'd get mad as well if the people who did the same work as you were literal autists.

>You'd get mad as well if the people who did the same work as you were literal autists.
That's like saying people making Canadian flash cartoons do the same work as people making Disney feature films.

>mirai nikki
>sword art online
>great animes

Miyazaki was right.

I feel like the more Sup Forums agrees with this guy, the more this board will turn to a board that doesn't even like anime.

Oh good, it's this thread.
Again.

Miyazaki is Sup Forums's new mascot. Yotsuba is old and busted.

80-90s anime were considerably less shit than nowadays, but they were still shit as it also had its fads. Anyways, Miyazaki is a cranky old man, always was.

I'm so fucking tired of these shit threads.

Anime is an arts and entertainment industry. Most of it is going to be derivative, shit, or both. Deal with it.

Why do you even even waste your time making retarded bait posts like these?

Checked.
>janitors moderating a shitposting thread
wew lad. It's like we've never had this thread before. Just delete the thread to make room for better threads.

>the ones coming from Japan because they know how to animate things.
>Japan
>know how to animate things

Production quality and animation is in general much better in western works such as most Disney works.

Miyazaki is right anyway. I say this as someone who very much liked K-On.

But they are both making animu.
There's not such a big difference.

I think the general idea is true. Great works and come out from life experiences. While it is true that creativity can come from anywhere, but come on now. It's not like a man who lived under a rock his entire life, given a pen and paper under said rock, can make a masterpiece. Experience is key to creating something so you know what to create.

Go and yell at a cloud grandpa

The irony is that a lot of his works are some of the most boring shit in existence and are only nice because of how they look and are animated.

It's difficult to get attached to any of the characters in most of his shit.

Only surpassed by Studio 4°c in monkeyface drawing ability

>western works such as most Disney works
>immediately has to resort to Disney
>disregards budget difference

Both

He is absolutely right. Newer animes are degenerate trash without substance

He's both.

But user, there is no WMT these days.

He is right, but lets be honest the past is the past, he should just accept how it is.

After his last outings. Why yes, he is out of touch.

I wouldn't go that far, but I'd say there's merit in saying that, while Miyazaki is a Japanese animator, what he makes is not really anime, at least not stylistically.

>trip fag
>SaO
>MK
>AoT
Bait is too obvious

Agree with you there user. I almost got cancer from watching one of his shits.

>Crackfag
Allow me to summon him.

>Nanoha and Fate are lesbians
>Hibiki and Miku are lesbians
>Homura is also a lesbian

I am !akemi.

He's a great director that is very grumpy and opinionated, just like he's always been.

All geniuses are entitled to being grumpy fucks whether we like it or not. He certainly didn't go on past his prime and I feel he's got a few more hits in him if he tried. As to whether or not he's got a point, it depends on what's he's saying. He's criticized a lot of different things and a lot of his intentions seem to be lost in translation.

Miyazaki would like K-On!

To be fair, he hated the industry back in the 1970s. Complaining that the television format was bad and that people focused too much on fanservice. He never changed.

Yes?

Huh, guess it's not working. Maybe we need some pictures to go with it.

I like a lot of his films but I didn't like how the cat in Kiki's Delivery stops being able to talk to the girl at the end. That didn't seem like a happy ending but he said the cat "represented her immaturity." but then how was it showing such high intelligence like turning on the radio and giving her useful advice?

Jiji is basically a representation of her ability to imagine things. He stops talking because she started to look at the world as a grown up.

I stand behind Hayao "The Akihabara Annihilator" Miyazaki. Every degenerate otaku must be massacred to restore Japan and her anime to their true glory.

大日本帝国万歳!

>bumping this shitposting thread
You fags really love your shitposting.

90% of anime was always shit, that's how it is with every medium.

>salty
Fuck off from this board.

But she can literally fly, having a talking cat is a big part of being a traditional witch. She should've stopped being able to fly if she's looking at the world as a grown up.

>She should've stopped being able to fly if she's looking at the world as a grown up.
You mean what half the movie is about? Her literally losing the ability to fly?

The ending was basically a 'choose your ending' type thing. If you want to believe that Kiki's powers are gradually coming back, then she'll eventually be able to talk to Jiji again. If you view it as she only flies because its her job, then it may be the only power she has for the rest of her life. Aka 'responsibilities'.